PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding good seats at the Ball Park in Arlington

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2010, 08:11 PM
This will be my first MLB game and I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck.
The Rangers are playing the White Sox. As a lifelong Tiger fan I'm hoping
to see Ozzie Guillen ejected and the Rangers winning by double digits. :D
But seriously, any insight would be appreciated.
And FYI this will be over the fourth of July weekend.

Keith7
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Look on stubhub.. You get to literally pick your seat and can find some decent prices as well..

If you go on a Friday though, you can get $10 tickets and $5 parking and a post-game firework show.. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Pick6
06-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
This will be my first MLB game and I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck.
The Rangers are playing the White Sox. As a lifelong Tiger fan I'm hoping
to see Ozzie Guillen ejected and the Rangers winning by double digits. :D
But seriously, any insight would be appreciated.
And FYI this will be over the fourth of July weekend.

Call the grounds crew and tell them how many tickets you need. Pick them up at will call and sit behind home plate....all for free.

BaseballUmp
06-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Call the grounds crew and tell them how many tickets you need. Pick them up at will call and sit behind home plate....all for free.
Wish i had connections like that lol

Old Tiger
06-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Get there real early...possibly 2 hours before game and get in ASAP and beat security to their destination. BUT DO NOT I REAPEAT DO NOT GET UP FOR ANY REASON.

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Pick6

Thanks. But, I'd rather not make deals with Mexicans. I find that they can't be trusted.

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Get there real early...possibly 2 hours before game and get in ASAP and beat security to their destination. BUT DO NOT I REAPEAT DO NOT GET UP FOR ANY REASON.

Lol. And hope no one ask us to see our tickets?

BaseballUmp
06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks. But, I'd rather not make deals with Mexicans. I find that they can't be trusted.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bigwood33
06-02-2010, 10:01 PM
We enjoy sitting in RT field. It is shaded and there is usually a nice breeze out there. Plus, BP is fun since they hit a lot of homers to right field. Get as low as you can, obviously.

waterboy
06-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I would definitely try to get a seat on the first base side or right field. If you don't you will be in the sun much longer.....and it's likely to be in the upper 90s at game time.:eek:

crzyjournalist03
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I enjoy the seats in left field, but they're pretty much unbearable in July/August. If you have a date in mind, you can sometimes find steals on eBay, although not so much on weekend games.

If you want a full ballpark experience, you could always buy the all-you-can-eat seats in the second deck in right field where you can have all the hot dogs, nachos, chicken sandwiches, peanuts, and soft drinks that you want for no additional charge.

Emerson1
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
What is your budget?

Sweetwater Red
06-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is your budget?

Around $200 for two people. Tickets, parking, food, and maybe a couple of T-shirts or something included.

Old Tiger
06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Lol. And hope no one ask us to see our tickets? If you're there early enough no one will unless you're in someones seat.

Emerson1
06-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Around $200 for two people. Tickets, parking, food, and maybe a couple of T-shirts or something included.
Well you can lower level tickets for $65 each right behind the plate.

Sweetwater Red
06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well you can lower level tickets for $65 each right behind the plate.

I'm looking at those right now. Looks like a nice view.

crzyjournalist03
06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm looking at those right now. Looks like a nice view.

The only thing you have to deal with behind the plate is the protective net...it's not really annoying, but you always notice that it's there. If you're interested in catching a foul ball, I'd recommend being about 10 rows up right behind a dugout.

T-shirts will run you about $20 each, and beverages range between $3.50-$5.50 for soft drinks and up more than that for alcohol. Most food items are around the $5-$7 range.

Sweetwater Red
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The only thing you have to deal with behind the plate is the protective net...it's not really annoying, but you always notice that it's there. If you're interested in catching a foul ball, I'd recommend being about 10 rows up right behind a dugout.

T-shirts will run you about $20 each, and beverages range between $3.50-$5.50 for soft drinks and up more than that for alcohol. Most food items are around the $5-$7 range.

I didn't think about that. In the pic/view rangers.com shows for
that section, the net is missing.

Do you know what the difference is between Gate Price and
Premiere Game Gate Price?

Emerson1
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Premiere gate price might be for weekend games or games against popular opponents.

** Premier individual prices apply for Apr. 5, May 21-23, Jun. 5, 25-26, Jul. 3-4, 10, 24, Aug. 10-11, 13-15, & Sept. 10-12