PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr retires

coach
06-02-2010, 06:53 PM
great career and he will be a first ballot hall of famer

Old Tiger
06-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Its ashame he went through all those injuries or he'd be the best hitter of all time. He's still in my top 10 hitters of all time list though.

jlwttu
06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
In an era where lots of players were juiced, Griffey played the game the right way.

DDBooger
06-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by jlwttu
In an era where lots of players were juiced, Griffey played the game the right way. We think. (hope)

jlwttu
06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
We think. (hope)

Ya...I wasn't quite sure how to word it. But so far he seems to be clean and no one has linked him to steroids.

coach
06-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Its ashame he went through all those injuries or he'd be the best hitter of all time. He's still in my top 10 hitters of all time list though.

he had the purest swing of all time

Gobbler Fan
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by coach
he had the purest swing of all time

and had one of the best gloves in his hey day :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
06-02-2010, 09:13 PM
always found it funny he has escaped the Roid cloud when he always seemed to have muscle pulls and such which SUPPOSEDLY is something that Roiders have a problem with

Spread It Out
06-03-2010, 02:46 AM
If Griffey didn't sustain the injuries he did then he would've broken the home run records and, IMO, been the best hitter of all time. Now, I think A-Rod will take that spotlight although he cheated his way through some of those homeruns.

BILLYFRED0000
06-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I would bet he did not do roids. He had the prettiest swing. Made it look so easy. The best always do.

Bearkat
06-03-2010, 08:59 AM
One of the best to ever play. I will miss his smile, the way he played the outfield, and the greatest swing in the game!!!

DDBooger
06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I still have his Upper Deck Rookie Card :devil:

Bearkat
06-03-2010, 10:34 AM

That was the card that I always wanted as a young child. Of course I didn't have the money back then and getting it out of a wax pack seemed almost impossible. My card collecting and buying intensified when I turned 16. (I had a job so I could buy a little more) Still couldn't afford that particular card. I'm now 33 years old and finally bought the card Monday afternoon from a dealer at the mall in Beaumont, TX. 2 days later, Junior retires. It's kind of bitter sweet now. Wanted the card all those years but would give it up to see him play one more game in this prime.

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
My favorite baseball player as a kid one of the most exciting players of all time. Just wish he never went to CInncy or he hits 700 homeruns easily. It was truly sad this year to see how far he had fallen I hated when I saw he was coming back for one more year because I knew it was time but nevertheless it wont take away from what was an amazing career.

coach
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM

so do i

jason
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
are baseball cards worth anything these days? i have a pretty big collection at my parents' house...

coach
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jason
are baseball cards worth anything these days? i have a pretty big collection at my parents' house...

yea they actually are if they are in mint condition...i have thousands and one day i plan to sell them and make some serious money with them

Old Tiger
06-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jason
are baseball cards worth anything these days? i have a pretty big collection at my parents' house... According to Pawn Stars the baseball card craze went dead in the late 90's and they are not in the same demand. Not saying that some aren't worth money but not near as much as they once were valued.