PDA

View Full Version : Is Jordan really the greatest?

TheDOCTORdre
06-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Every time I hear someone refer to Jordan as being the greatest NBA player ever, I always think about what Wilt Chamberlain told Jordan in 1997 about playing with rule changes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESDFppbQ2zM&NR=1)

at the 1:10 mark is where its at

Gobbler Fan
06-02-2010, 05:42 PM
IMO its Bill Russel hands down - One of the best players ever to play professional basketball was Bill Russell who played for the Celtics from 1956 until 1969. During that time he helped lead the team to eleven NBA Championships. Thought of today as one of the most imposing centers of all time, many find it hard to believe that he was able to dominate like he did even though at 6'9" tall he was somewhat shorter than many of the other great centers in history. During his career he led the league in total rebounds on four different occasions. He was also the leading rebounder in the playoffs in nine different seasons. Russell was named to twelve straight All-Star Games and was voted the league MVP five times. He was the consummate team player, always concerned with helping make the players around him better so that the team could be more successful. This is shown in the fact that on four different occasions he finished the season in the top ten in the assists category.

Emerson1
06-02-2010, 05:50 PM
How many other 6'9" and 7'1" players were in the league in the 50s and 60s?

All of the old amazing centers were just physically ahead of their time.

TheDOCTORdre
06-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How many other 6'9" and 7'1" players were in the league in the 50s and 60s?

All of the old amazing centers were just physically ahead of their time.

here's a list of some of the centers at that time and their heights

Walter Dukes (7'0", 220 lbs.)
Swede Halbrook (7'3, 235 lbs.)
Tom Boerwinkle (7'0", 265 lbs.)
Bob Lanier (6'11", 265 lbs.)
Darrall Imhoff (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Otto Moore (6'11", 210 lbs.)
Sam Lacey (6'10", 235 lbs.)
George Johnson (6'11", 245 lbs.)
Paul Ruffner (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Dick Cunningham (6'10", 245 lbs.)
Walt Bellamy (6'11", 225 lbs.)
Leroy Ellis (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Nate Thurmond (6'11", 235 lbs.)
Mel Counts (7'0", 235 lbs.)
Nate Bowman (6'10", 230 lbs.)
Clyde Lee (6'10", 210 lbs.)
Walt Wesley (6'11", 230 lbs.)
Henry Akin (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Hank Finkel (7'0", 240 lbs.)
Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (7'2", 225 lbs.)
Neal Walk (6'10", 220 lbs.)
Elmore Smith (7'0", 250 lbs.)
Jim McDaniels (6'11", 230 lbs.)
LaRue Martin (6'11", 215 lbs.)
Tom Riker (6'10", 225 lbs.)
Conrad Dierking (6'9", 225 lbs.)
Johnny “Red” Kerr (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Bob Pettit (6'9", 220 lbs.)
Spencer Haywood (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Rick Roberson (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Luke Jackson (6'9", 240 lbs.)
Duke Hogue (6'9," 240 lbs.)
Zelmo Beaty (6'9", 230 lbs.)
Len Chappell (6'9", 240 lbs.)
Elvin Hayes (6'9", 235 lbs.)
Hub Reed (6'9", 220 lbs.)

big daddy russ
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
IMO its Bill Russel hands down - One of the best players ever to play professional basketball was Bill Russell who played for the Celtics from 1956 until 1969. During that time he helped lead the team to eleven NBA Championships. Thought of today as one of the most imposing centers of all time, many find it hard to believe that he was able to dominate like he did even though at 6'9" tall he was somewhat shorter than many of the other great centers in history. During his career he led the league in total rebounds on four different occasions. He was also the leading rebounder in the playoffs in nine different seasons. Russell was named to twelve straight All-Star Games and was voted the league MVP five times. He was the consummate team player, always concerned with helping make the players around him better so that the team could be more successful. This is shown in the fact that on four different occasions he finished the season in the top ten in the assists category.
I agree. Five-time MVP. 51 rebounds in a single game. 11 NBA titles in 13 seasons. And it goes even further than just the titles. I rarely measure a player purely on his ability to win a championship.

Russell actually made those around him considerably better and had a spirit that simply could not be broken. One of my favorite Russell interviews was the one where he was talking about the Willis Reed game in the 1970 NBA Finals. He said that if he had been on the court, Reed coming back out as a gimp would've just pissed him off and that he would've made sure Reed stayed out of the game the next time he went down.

In my opinion, the defining season of Bill Russell's career was his last one ('68-'69). 33-year-old Russell's aging Celtics barely snuck into the playoffs with a 48-34 record (lowest seed in the Eastern Conference). Russell was injured late in the season, but still powered through the playoffs and wound up beating the heavily-favored Lakers (which featured future Hall-of-Famers Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Gail Goodrich, and Wilt Chamberlain) in seven games.

Just to show how much Russell mattered to his team, during the '69 season the Celtics won the title. The next year, Russell was their only major loss and they went 34-48. When MJ left the bulls (also intact) after the '93 campaign, they came back and won 55 games.

He gets my vote, though Jordan is dang close.

coach
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

well you are wrong its mj hands down

coach
06-02-2010, 07:31 PM
ill take bird and magic and before it is all said and done kobe before i would take russell and wilt.

coach
06-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I agree. Five-time MVP. 51 rebounds in a single game. 11 NBA titles in 13 seasons. And it goes even further than just the titles. I rarely measure a player purely on his ability to win a championship.

Russell actually made those around him considerably better and had a spirit that simply could not be broken. One of my favorite Russell interviews was the one where he was talking about the Willis Reed game in the 1970 NBA Finals. He said that if he had been on the court, Reed coming back out as a gimp would've just pissed him off and that he would've made sure Reed stayed out of the game the next time he went down.

In my opinion, the defining season of Bill Russell's career was his last one ('68-'69). 33-year-old Russell's aging Celtics barely snuck into the playoffs with a 48-34 record (lowest seed in the Eastern Conference). Russell was injured late in the season, but still powered through the playoffs and wound up beating the heavily-favored Lakers (which featured future Hall-of-Famers Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Gail Goodrich, and Wilt Chamberlain) in seven games.

Just to show how much Russell mattered to his team, during the '69 season the Celtics won the title. The next year, Russell was their only major loss and they went 34-48. When MJ left the bulls (also intact) after the '93 campaign, they came back and won 55 games.

He gets my vote, though Jordan is dang close.

6 time champion (jordan would have had more if his dad did not die...also look who else bill had on his team and the league was a lot weaker than it was when jordan played) 5 time MVP 9 time all nba defensive team 6 time Finals MVP 3rd in aoll time scoring 14 time all star MBA defensive player of the year 2 gold medals a natl championship he made pippen another player one of the 50 greatests of all time and got more than half of phils rings.....its jordan than everyone else...no one is close and i dont think no one will ever get close

STANG RED
06-02-2010, 08:58 PM
The only real discussion about greatest basketball players of all time, would be who is second best. Jordan was in a class all by himself, and still is.

Gobbler Fan
06-02-2010, 09:00 PM
My wife got us Tickets to the All Star game in San Antonio in 1996 we stayed the whole weekend and did all the All Star stuff- Celebrity All Star game , Slam Dunk Contest , All Star game and to top it off it was the Grand opening for the Hard Rock Cafe Bruce willis and his band were playing outside the Hard Rock Cafe all the celebritys were pulling up in limo's ect ...but what I remember most is walking out of the All star game and my wife tapping me on the shoulder and asking who that is walking behind us because he sure is tall and an older gentelman . I turned around and it was none other than Bill Russell . I extended my hand not expecting him to acknowledge me but he grabbed my hand and asked me how I was doing . After stuttering for a second or 2 I got the words out " Mr Russel I'm fine thank you and its a pleasure to meet the best Basketball player to ever lace up the sneakers ." He smiled and continued on his way .

TheDOCTORdre
06-02-2010, 09:05 PM
but what if the league hadn't changed the rules to work against Wilt?

sinfan75
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The only real discussion about greatest basketball players of all time, would be who is second best. Jordan was in a class all by himself, and still is. What he said. :thumbsup:

coach
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
but what if the league hadn't changed the rules to work against Wilt?

if i was 6'6 and had the skills of jordan then i would be better

Spread It Out
06-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Jordan is, and always will be, the best player ever. I don't care if there's a 7'1" point guard who is quicker than Allen Iverson, can shoot like Ray Allen, and can drive like LeBron James, Michael Jordan is the best player to ever play the game. Everyone else is fighting Bill Russell for second.

BILLYFRED0000
06-03-2010, 07:52 AM
IT is MJ and you better believe it. No one before or since had the complete game MJ had. He could do it all. Defense Offense steals points assists and heart. That guy was a one man wrecking machine.

Black_Magic
06-03-2010, 08:00 AM
GEORGE GERVIN IS THE GREATEST EVER. THE ICEMAN!
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1347/4814441/10224708/153150634.jpg

Matthew328
06-03-2010, 08:12 AM
One of the all time great posters

UPanIN
06-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Jerry West is the symbol of the NBA and the greatest.

fumanchu
06-03-2010, 08:52 AM
that's a tricky question- I think Jordan the greatest shooting guard- Wilt the greatest big man- Who else forced so many rule changes?

Bearkat
06-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't know if Jordan is the best ever, but he's the best that I ever saw!!!

Black_Magic
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
One of the all time great posters Thank you! But I wouldnt go as far as saying im one of the all time greats !:p posters that is..

Matthew328
06-03-2010, 11:15 AM
LOL!

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Never understood these arguments arguing that people are the greatest that you have never seen play consistently at least. Sure you saw game films of him playing but if you weren't there and a fan at the time you really can't tell how good someone was. I didn't understand the game when Jordan played he was ten when I retired (who cares about that Wizard crap). So Im not going to say Jordan was clearly the best because I cant say or noone else can that they truly understood basketball and what makes a great player when they were 10 years old.

I will add two comments though one Im not so sure and never have been why it became so universal that Jordan was the best player in the world. Yes he was great but to say he was the best for sure comparing eras has always been weird to me.

As for the list of 7 footers you put Dre first off Kareems first year was 69 Russell retired then. Larue Martin didnt even come into the league until 72 so those names you listed arent real accurate.

coach
06-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Jerry West is the symbol of the NBA and the greatest.

you do realize they thought about changing it to mj's logo...even jerry west said he was the best and it should be him...and if you think that jerry west was the greatest ever...lmao...

Black_Magic
06-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by coach
you do realize they thought about changing it to mj's logo...even jerry west said he was the best and it should be him...and if you think that jerry west was the greatest ever...lmao... why change the logo? whats wrong with the current one? So you gona change it in another twenty years when the next great player comes along? Nah. Just keep it.

coach
06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Never understood these arguments arguing that people are the greatest that you have never seen play consistently at least. Sure you saw game films of him playing but if you weren't there and a fan at the time you really can't tell how good someone was. I didn't understand the game when Jordan played he was ten when I retired (who cares about that Wizard crap). So Im not going to say Jordan was clearly the best because I cant say or noone else can that they truly understood basketball and what makes a great player when they were 10 years old.

I will add two comments though one Im not so sure and never have been why it became so universal that Jordan was the best player in the world. Yes he was great but to say he was the best for sure comparing eras has always been weird to me.

As for the list of 7 footers you put Dre first off Kareems first year was 69 Russell retired then. Larue Martin didnt even come into the league until 72 so those names you listed arent real accurate.

i think that it became universal that he was the greatest bc he probably is...i may not have seen him when i didnt understand the game like i did now but i have seen several games and not just highlights of mj. also when sports writers and coaches who have been in the game longer than we have been alive call him the greatest then most likely he is the greatest. if you go around and say you can't claim anyone you haven't really seen then no one will ever be the greatest. Thats why mj was so good for the NBA. before there was never a goal set or a bar set by any player that everyone wanted to be as good as he was. Michael brought that to the game and he changed the game like no one has ever had. The two best players in the game right now want to be the best of all time and the only name that gets thrown around is mike. basketball is the only sport you can really say there can be a greatest..in football there are too many positions and the positions are so different you can'y compare jerry rice to emmit smith to dan marino...in baseball you have pitchers that can be factored in and there are different types of hitters like willie mays, babe ruth, barry bonds, and tony gynn...i think we take for granted that basketball can be name the greatest player of all time and for the most part people think it is mj. IMO there is only one person that has the ability to be greater than him in this era. He has the build. the completeness of his game and he has the skill...i think he just needs that championship mindset that jordan had.

coach
06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
why change the logo? whats wrong with the current one? So you gona change it in another twenty years when the next great player comes along? Nah. Just keep it.

well i think thats why they kept it...which i agree too....but i was just saying ppl wanted the logo to be the greatest so they wanted mj

Z-RO
06-03-2010, 01:37 PM
the true question is, did you really ask this question? Hands down the greatest player ever. If he doesn't quit for those 2 years (well yr and a half, but he was obviously rusty that half season he did come back) the Rockets would have 2 less championships, and if you dont believe me just look at what he did the previous 3 years and the 3 years afterward (also consider all of the other stats he would have accumulated)

coach
06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
the true question is, did you really ask this question? Hands down the greatest player ever. If he doesn't quit for those 2 years (well yr and a half, but he was obviously rusty that half season he did come back) the Rockets would have 2 less championships, and if you dont believe me just look at what he did the previous 3 years and the 3 years afterward (also consider all of the other stats he would have accumulated)

i have always had an * next to those championships

Z-RO
06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Furthermore if you took those older players and put them in today's game do you think they would have dominated the same? If you put Jordan in any time frame he would have dominated. (I think the same applies to Kobe, but he doesn't will his team to victory the way Jordan did....remember him playing with 103 fever in the finals?).

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Most underrated athlete of all time the Big O

i have always had an * next to those championships Coach you can't take away from the Rockets bc MJ decided to retire.

Black_Magic
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Coach you can't take away from the Rockets bc MJ decided to retire. I agree that he is incredible. I put Hakeem Olajuwan #2 because he was a 7'er and could move like he could.

TheDOCTORdre
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Furthermore if you took those older players and put them in today's game do you think they would have dominated the same? If you put Jordan in any time frame he would have dominated. (I think the same applies to Kobe, but he doesn't will his team to victory the way Jordan did....remember him playing with 103 fever in the finals?).

the league is alot more watered down today then it was back then, less teams meant more elite players on each team, Jordan may have dominated that could be debated at a later time but if Jordan is playing during the time of the great Celtics dynasty from 57-69, how many championships does he walk away with?

coach
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Coach you can't take away from the Rockets bc MJ decided to retire.

him and brooks robinson

Z-RO
06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
the league is alot more watered down today then it was back then, less teams meant more elite players on each team, Jordan may have dominated that could be debated at a later time but if Jordan is playing during the time of the great Celtics dynasty from 57-69, how many championships does he walk away with?

Watered down? The average athlete is a lot more talented now they were back then due to advancements in training. Guys like Shawn Bradley, Anfernee Hardaway, Chris Anderson...etc would have killed the competition back then.

And to answer your question, he would have won as many championships as he wanted. Jordan won championships against:

Magic Johnson
James Worthy
Byron Scott

Clyde Drexler
Danny Ainge
Terry Porter

Charles Barkley
Danny Ainge
Kurt Rambis
Kevin Johnson

Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

Karl Malone X2
John Stockton X2
Jeff Hornacek X2

Not exactly a group of push overs he was whipping.

TheDOCTORdre
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Watered down? The average athlete is a lot more talented now they were back then due to advancements in training. Guys like Shawn Bradley, Anfernee Hardaway, Chris Anderson...etc would have killed the competition back then.

And to answer your question, he would have won as many championships as he wanted. Jordan won championships against:

Magic Johnson
James Worthy
Byron Scott

Clyde Drexler
Danny Ainge
Terry Porter

Charles Barkley
Danny Ainge
Kurt Rambis
Kevin Johnson

Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

Karl Malone X2
John Stockton X2
Jeff Hornacek X2

And still not the level of competition that the Celtics dynasty had, to say Jordan would have won as many titles as he wanted against them is ludicrous, whereas the groups you just named aren't pushovers, they couldn't hold the Celtics jocks

Trashman
06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
My vote goes to........

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1974/0114_large.jpg

Txbroadcaster
06-03-2010, 05:41 PM

Magic Johnson
James Worthy
Byron Scott

Clyde Drexler
Danny Ainge
Terry Porter

Charles Barkley
Danny Ainge
Kurt Rambis
Kevin Johnson

Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

Karl Malone X2
John Stockton X2
Jeff Hornacek X2

Worthy and Scott were injuried alof that series...every other grouping you named had good..NOT GREAT players

Maroon87
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
well you are wrong its mj hands down

Well if "coach" says so it must be true...:hand:

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 06:13 PM

Magic Johnson
James Worthy
Byron Scott

Clyde Drexler
Danny Ainge
Terry Porter

Charles Barkley
Danny Ainge
Kurt Rambis
Kevin Johnson

Shawn Kemp
Gary Payton

Karl Malone X2
John Stockton X2
Jeff Hornacek X2

Not exactly a group of push overs he was whipping. Lakers were done and very lucky to beat Portland to make it that year. No offence I love Jordan as much as anybody but some of these guys aren't close to star players.

IHStangFan
06-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Perception is reality, and Jordan had the advantage of national sports media, i.e. ESPN that some of the earlier greats just simply did not have. Better coverage, more exposure, etc. I'm not saying Jordan wasn't amazing, but the greatest ever discussion over before it starts? Come on now.

Z-RO
06-04-2010, 12:50 AM
And still not the level of competition that the Celtics dynasty had, to say Jordan would have won as many titles as he wanted against them is ludicrous, whereas the groups you just named aren't pushovers, they couldn't hold the Celtics jocks

Whatever you think, but to think that athletes then had anything on athletes now is ridiculous. This argument is like saying Barry Sanders couldn't have ran for 2000 yards in a season back in the 1970. MJ prevented several hall of famers/members of the top 50 greatest players of all time from winning rings, and to think he wouldn't have had his way with them is beyond any reasonable comprehension. I am literally through with this topic, just because a FEW people out of the majority of society feel that MJ wasn't the greatest does not justifying wasting any more time arguing over it. Think what you want, but I tend to agree with the mass public.

TheDOCTORdre
06-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Whatever you think, but to think that athletes then had anything on athletes now is ridiculous. This argument is like saying Barry Sanders couldn't have ran for 2000 yards in a season back in the 1970. MJ prevented several hall of famers/members of the top 50 greatest players of all time from winning rings, and to think he wouldn't have had his way with them is beyond any reasonable comprehension. I am literally through with this topic, just because a FEW people out of the majority of society feel that MJ wasn't the greatest does not justifying wasting any more time arguing over it. Think what you want, but I tend to agree with the mass public.

the mass public use to believe the earth was flat

big daddy russ
06-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by NBA.com
In 1970, he was named to the NBA 25th Anniversary All-Time Team. In 1974, Russell was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. In 1980, he was named to the NBA 35th Anniversary All-Time Team. That same year, he was voted Greatest Player in the History of the NBA by the Professional Basketball Writers Association of America.

Although the arrival of Michael Jordan later in the decade may have reopened the debate over who was truly the game's best player, what remains irrefutable is that Russell radically changed people's thinking about how basketball games are won.
Taken directly from Bill Russell's page (http://www.nba.com/history/players/russell_bio.html) on NBA.com.

Just some food for thought. Remember that Red Auerbach and some of the other old school players refused to recognize MJ as the greatest ever.

Farmersfan
06-04-2010, 08:08 AM
People can argue all they want about this subject but let's not lose sight of the original question. "The Best NBA Player of all times"? If you ask who was the Best Center, Or Best Point guard, or best forward it might be different. But overall game skills which includes posting up, ball handling in the open court, driving, dunking, long shot, defense ect, ect, ect it would not be very close. MJ would be my choice hands down. If you add in the intangibles like team chemistry and leadership it becomes an even bigger landslide. Russel was a great center but couldn't shoot anything form more than 4' away.

BILLYFRED0000
06-04-2010, 09:20 AM

I respectfully disagree. The reason they won all those champs was because of lack of competition. Jordan played a lot of hall of famers in his day just to get there. I submit that those same celtics of yesterday could not run up and down the floor with the teams today. Speed kills.

big daddy russ
06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
People can argue all they want about this subject but let's not lose sight of the original question. "The Best NBA Player of all times"? If you ask who was the Best Center, Or Best Point guard, or best forward it might be different. But overall game skills which includes posting up, ball handling in the open court, driving, dunking, long shot, defense ect, ect, ect it would not be very close. MJ would be my choice hands down. If you add in the intangibles like team chemistry and leadership it becomes an even bigger landslide. Russel was a great center but couldn't shoot anything form more than 4' away.
Jordan wasn't exactly a three-point threat until age forced him to develop his range. And that wasn't until his second go-round with the Bulls.

Farmersfan
06-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Jordan wasn't exactly a three-point threat until age forced him to develop his range. And that wasn't until his second go-round with the Bulls.

But the point still remains! Jordan became a 3pt threat when he needed to. Could Bill Russel make that adjustment? Russell's game was one dimensional and there wasn't anything he could have done to change that! Jordan could beat the little fast guys out on the floor and beat the big guys around the basket.

UPanIN
06-04-2010, 11:01 AM
you do realize they thought about changing it to mj's logo...even jerry west said he was the best and it should be him...and if you think that jerry west was the greatest ever...lmao...

But they didn't change it did they.

Guess your opinion is the only one that counts. After all you are "coach"

:hand:

crzyjournalist03
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth...three guys whose on-the-field accomplishments made them immortals, but whose off-the-field personas made them the face of their sport's history.

You can debate who was the better player, Michael or Wilt, Wayne or Gordie or Mario, Babe or Hank or Willie. But the aura that surrounds MJ, Wayne, and the Bambino transcends sport and gives them the titles of "greatest of all-time".

Old Tiger
06-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth...three guys whose on-the-field accomplishments made them immortals, but whose off-the-field personas made them the face of their sport's history.

You can debate who was the better player, Michael or Wilt, Wayne or Gordie or Mario, Babe or Hank or Willie. But the aura that surrounds MJ, Wayne, and the Bambino transcends sport and gives them the titles of "greatest of all-time". Well said sir.

Farmersfan
06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

You can debate who was the better player, Michael or Wilt, Wayne or Gordie or Mario, Babe or Hank or Willie. But the aura that surrounds MJ, Wayne, and the Bambino transcends sport and gives them the titles of "greatest of all-time".

The voice of reason in an otherwise unreasonable world!!!! :D :D

garciap77
06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The voice of reason in an otherwise unreasonable world!!!! :D :D

:D

BEAST
06-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I think in his day, Jordan was the best. He set tons of records and won lots of games. All while at Burnet. He then did the same thing at UT. With that said, I think Jaxon will be better than Jordan was.:D

BEAST

Old Tiger
06-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I think in his day, Jordan was the best. He set tons of records and won lots of games. All while at Burnet. He then did the same thing at UT. With that said, I think Jaxon will be better than Jordan was.:D

BEAST Jaxon needs to get faster.

BEAST
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Jaxon needs to get faster.

Hes already faster than Jordan was in high school. Trust me. Ive seen the 100m times to prove it.

BEAST

Z-RO
06-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I respectfully disagree. The reason they won all those champs was because of lack of competition. Jordan played a lot of hall of famers in his day just to get there. I submit that those same celtics of yesterday could not run up and down the floor with the teams today. Speed kills.

:clap: