PDA

View Full Version : Knee Surgery

Dogman_1969
06-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Monday I will be going under the scope and knife on my left knee. Some of you guys know my oldest son had his ACL repaired last November and he is doing very good. Around the first of the year I started having "increased" pain in my left knee and it got to the point I had a hard time walking on it. At that time I decided to go to the same Ortho that my son used and get it fixed.

Monday's the day. I'm scheduled for cartilage (replacement from a donor or repair), meniscus tear repair and some bone spur removal. The Ortho I'm using is the same that repaired my sons left torn labrum his soph year and his right torn ACL his senior year. My son is doing very good now, running lifting and doing the normal things that he wants to do. I hope for the same results.

Dogman........

BaseballUmp
06-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I had my meniscus taken out of my left knee my sr. year the first week of school and I was back to normal after about 4-6 weeks.

waterboy
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I had a torn meniscus in my right knee. I went in at 6 AM for surgery and was out before lunch. I actually felt so much better that I walked to the car. I was walking the same day as the surgery pain free! I was back at work on the second day after the surgery. The doctor had told me to stay of my feet as much as possible for the first 72 hours or so. It was only later that I found out why. On about the third day my ankles started turning purple.:eek: It freaked me out so bad I went back to the doctor. Turns out it was only blood from the surgery that "pooled" a little in my ankles because I was on my feet more than I was supposed to be. If you are suffering a lot of pain now you should feel MUCH better after the surgery. For me it was immediate relief from several days of intense pain.

BaseballUmp
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Yea same here, I went in at about 10 and was out and back in Cameron in time to make it to the scrimmage

44INAROW
06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Monday I will be going under the scope and knife on my left knee. Some of you guys know my oldest son had his ACL repaired last November and he is doing very good. Around the first of the year I started having "increased" pain in my left knee and it got to the point I had a hard time walking on it. At that time I decided to go to the same Ortho that my son used and get it fixed.

Monday's the day. I'm scheduled for cartilage (replacement from a donor or repair), meniscus tear repair and some bone spur removal. The Ortho I'm using is the same that repaired my sons left torn labrum his soph year and his right torn ACL his senior year. My son is doing very good now, running lifting and doing the normal things that he wants to do. I hope for the same results.

Dogman........

hope you make a complete recovery.. if you were closer to Cuero, my oldest son could help you do your physical therapy - he specializes in knees :)

hawkfan
06-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Dogman........

Just pray you don't wake up during surgery. Know a guy who had that happened to him. Said he never felt pain like that in his life.

Dogman_1969
06-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Had surgery on Monday at about 8 am. Was discharged at noon and was home by 1pm. Knee hasn't hurt any since I got the IV put in. Today is the third day and still no pain. The Pain pump ball that they have in is almost depleted but I haven't taken any pain pills all day and feel great.

Down side to my surgery was that when my doc was in there he found out that I had damaged the cartiledge on both the upper bone and the lower bone, both on the inside area of the knee. He was able to clean up the floaters and defray the miniscus (which was not damaged much at all). He removed a piece of cartilidge about the size of a quarter and three times as thick as one. This piece was loose in the knee and he suspected that this thing was causing me the most pain and now it is out.

I go back to him next wednesday and he will go over the next surgery which looks like it will be a partial knee replacement which I am not looking forward too but it is what it is.

Thanks for all your prayers,

Dogman............

Ranger Mom
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Had surgery on Monday at about 8 am. Was discharged at noon and was home by 1pm. Knee hasn't hurt any since I got the IV put in. Today is the third day and still no pain. The Pain pump ball that they have in is almost depleted but I haven't taken any pain pills all day and feel great.

Down side to my surgery was that when my doc was in there he found out that I had damaged the cartiledge on both the upper bone and the lower bone, both on the inside area of the knee. He was able to clean up the floaters and defray the miniscus (which was not damaged much at all). He removed a piece of cartilidge about the size of a quarter and three times as thick as one. This piece was loose in the knee and he suspected that this thing was causing me the most pain and now it is out.

I go back to him next wednesday and he will go over the next surgery which looks like it will be a partial knee replacement which I am not looking forward too but it is what it is.

Thanks for all your prayers,

Dogman............

I guess that is a good news and bad news....with the no pain but a possible knee replacement!

Glad to hear you came through this surgery as well as you did!!

44INAROW
06-09-2010, 07:41 PM
I hope you continue to be pain-free - you sound like the kind of patient that doctors and PT's love to treat :)

LH Panther Mom
06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm glad it turned out well, Dogman! :thumbsup: