PDA

View Full Version : Hey keith7, now that Philly has lost their starting FS for the season...

Sweetwater Red
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Which back up for Philly is going to be watching Miles and Bryant out run him
to the endzone mutiple times next season?

95mustang
06-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Which back up for Philly is going to be watching Miles and Bryant out run him
to the endzone mutiple times next season? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Which backup is going to watch Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin outrun him

I mean the cowgirls did cut a starting safety themselves you know?

TheDOCTORdre
06-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Which backup is going to watch Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin outrun him

I mean the cowgirls did cut a starting safety themselves you know?

Lets see, last year in three games against the 'Boys, Jackson and Maclin combined for
21 catches, 325 yds 2 TDs(the 2 TDs coming in the playoff game, one being from Vick and the other being from McNabb in the 4th after Dallas already had the game well in hand) So those stats were all they could muster with an all-pro QB and this year they will be catching from and unproven QB, I like Dallas' 2ndary's chances.

Keith7
06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Lets see, last year in three games against the 'Boys, Jackson and Maclin combined for
21 catches, 325 yds 2 TDs(the 2 TDs coming in the playoff game, one being from Vick and the other being from McNabb in the 4th after Dallas already had the game well in hand) So those stats were all they could muster with an all-pro QB and this year they will be catching from and unproven QB, I like Dallas' 2ndary's chances.

Those were coming from king wormburner and a banged up line.. I'll take Kolb

Farmersfan
06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Those were coming from king wormburner and a banged up line.. I'll take Kolb

Even in a terrible season (according to you) McNabb finished with a 92.9 QB rating. Kolb had 6 starts in 08' with a 21.8 QB rating and 5 starts in 09' with a 88.9 QB rating. A healthy Kolb wasn't even as good as a injured and old McNabb. I think the intelligent person will see that Philly takes a big step back in the QB spot. Without Westbrook in the backfield that position will be even more hard pressed to perform.........

BILLYFRED0000
06-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Even in a terrible season (according to you) McNabb finished with a 92.9 QB rating. Kolb had 6 starts in 08' with a 21.8 QB rating and 5 starts in 09' with a 88.9 QB rating. A healthy Kolb wasn't even as good as a injured and old McNabb. I think the intelligent person will see that Philly takes a big step back in the QB spot. Without Westbrook in the backfield that position will be even more hard pressed to perform.........

Well Kolb may be ok but the line has got to perform and who is going to run the ball are legitimate concerns.

Keith7
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM

Lol, Kolb didn't have 6 starts in '08, he came into a game in Baltimore when the Eagles were already down a ton. That's the only real PT he got that year.

I can tell you guys don't watch many Eagles games because if you had you would know that Westbrook has already been essentially gone from the team the last two years because of injury. Plus we have one of the top young running backs in the league to replace him.

Another thing is that on top of not being able to win the "Big one", McNabb is also showing signs of being on the decline. He doesn't scramble like he used to and he has trouble hitting open receivers. He still throws a great deep ball and that's about all that has saved him.

That's a big difference in Dallas and Philly fans. Dallas fans have trouble accepting when a player is getting old or just can't win the big game (see Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Dirk, Madano, etc..) and it hurts their franchises because they can't move on.. Philly on the otherhand is happy to cut ties with those same types of players and keep winning in the process (McNabb, Dawkins, Trotter, Kearse, etc..) Thats why this is probably confusing for you guys

rholl
06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
3-0 78-30

ronwx5x
06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Lol, Kolb didn't have 6 starts in '08, he came into a game in Baltimore when the Eagles were already down a ton. That's the only real PT he got that year.

I can tell you guys don't watch many Eagles games because if you had you would know that Westbrook has already been essentially gone from the team the last two years because of injury. Plus we have one of the top young running backs in the league to replace him.

Another thing is that on top of not being able to win the "Big one", McNabb is also showing signs of being on the decline. He doesn't scramble like he used to and he has trouble hitting open receivers. He still throws a great deep ball and that's about all that has saved him.

That's a big difference in Dallas and Philly fans. Dallas fans have trouble accepting when a player is getting old or just can't win the big game (see Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Dirk, Madano, etc..) and it hurts their franchises because they can't move on.. Philly on the otherhand is happy to cut ties with those same types of players and keep winning in the process (McNabb, Dawkins, Trotter, Kearse, etc..) Thats why this is probably confusing for you guys

Hmm, must be the reason Philly is always such a nemesis for the Cowboys! Last I knew, fans don't set the roster either. FYI, Smith left when he wasn't offered a contract and Aikman retired because of concussions. Did the fans hate to see them go? Of course, but the TEAM moved on.

Keith7
06-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Yea they waited too long with them and it set them back 7 or 8 years before they had a decent team again..

And fans don't set the rosters but they do have influence..

Farmersfan
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM

NFL.com shows Kolb had 6 games in 08' and went 17-34 50% 144 yards 4.2 average and had 0 td's and 4 int. with a QB rating of 21.8.
Don't shoot the messenger! Even last year, which was much better for Kolb, he wasn't as good as a failed "showing signs of being on the decline" McNabb. And we have already shown a couple of times that McCoy wasn't as effective as a hurt and aging Westbrook. Now consider that McCoy won't have the McNabb threat behind him and Kolb won't have the Westbrook threat in the backfield and the Eagles offensive has nowhere to go but DOWN!!!! This is down from a year when the Cowboys dominated them in all facets of the game!!!
And newflash keith7, I don't know how it works in Philly but in Dallas the fans don't decide when a player is let go!!!!!!

ronwx5x
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Yea they waited too long with them and it set them back 7 or 8 years before they had a decent team again..

And fans don't set the rosters but they do have influence..

May be the most ridiculous statement you've made on here. When you lose two of the best players in the game, yes you probably regress. Saying they regressed because Emmett and Troy stayed too long is wrong on many levels. When you're on top that long, the draft picks get pretty low down the list so the Cowboys had to make choices based on what they had or could trade for.

No coach or owner would ever admit to setting a roster based just on fan emotion. I remember Roger Staubach being booed more than once and how happy the "fans" were when Danny White took over. How well did that work out?

LE Dad
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Heard Kolb is looking real good in mini camps... He has worked very hard to perfect his checkdown and sliding abilities. Theses skills will no doubt become staples of the Philly O along with the occasional chunk it up and pray that Jackson catches it. Now looks like they can't even rely on the D to carry em.:(

Pick6
06-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Philly on the otherhand is happy to cut ties with those same types of players and keep winning in the process (McNabb, Dawkins, Trotter, Kearse, etc..)

How many championships do they have to show for it? The mind set of the Cowboys is Super Bowl or bust, what is filly's mind set?

Farmersfan
06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
How many championships do they have to show for it? The mind set of the Cowboys is Super Bowl or bust, what is filly's mind set?

Some of us anyways!!!!! Some are happy with mediocrity!!!!:D :D

Pick6
06-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Some of us anyways!!!!! Some are happy with mediocrity!!!!:D :D

And some of us are realist and know that football is more than a 1 man sport.

Farmersfan
06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
And some of us are realist and know that football is more than a 1 man sport.

But I thought you JUST wrote it was Superbowl or Bust for our Cowboys?????? Are you backtracking now? :p

Pick6
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
But I thought you JUST wrote it was Superbowl or Bust for our Cowboys?????? Are you backtracking now? :p

Not at all. That's what we all want. But the smart one's realize that it takes a team to win and realize where the help needs to come from.

waterboy
06-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
...May be the most ridiculous statement you've made on here...
I seriously doubt that!:D

ronwx5x
06-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I seriously doubt that!:D

You're possibly correct, but it's up there in the top 10!:D