PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice....Concerning Repair Shop.....

kaorder1999
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Long Story SHort...

I took my Seadoo to a Seadoo Dealer at the end of last summer. Told them the symptoms....I got it back 5 months later and the main reason for it taking so long was because the Service Manager quit and left the place in a mess...

They told me what it needed to fix problem...i green lighted it! FINALLY after getting it back it has the SAME PROBLEMS and the dealership has finally said "We dont know how to fix it"

Do I ask for all my money back and take it somewhere else or what????

95mustang
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Its highly unlikely you will get your money back. I would just not give them anymore of my money. Take this as a lesson learned and go somewhere else. I had a similar situation a couple of years ago with my yamaha. After having it at a dealership for four months and $245.00 got it back and it still didn't run. I had it at work one day fixin to take it somewhere else to get it worked on and our mechanic at work looked at it and fixed it in about 45 minutes and it cost me less than $20.00. I tired to get my money back and it was a long battle and I finally just gave up.

IrishTex
06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Do I ask for all my money back

It never hurts to ask.

Tx Challenge
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
First off it is sad that the Dealer can't fix the problem. That speaks volumes on future business.

I would demand my money back. They prob won't, but dont take no for an answer. Keep going and complain away. You will get something in time..Squeaky wheel...Really depends on you and how much effort you are willing to invest

sinton66
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
If they won't give the money back, contact the BBB and file a case on them.

Trashman
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Long Story SHort...

I took my Seadoo to a Seadoo Dealer at the end of last summer. Told them the symptoms....I got it back 5 months later and the main reason for it taking so long was because the Service Manager quit and left the place in a mess...

They told me what it needed to fix problem...i green lighted it! FINALLY after getting it back it has the SAME PROBLEMS and the dealership has finally said "We dont know how to fix it"

Do I ask for all my money back and take it somewhere else or what????

Wouldn't waste my time with them...they are on the way out of business if they treat everyone like they treated you. Ask around the marina's your best option is not always a dealer.

SWMustang
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
It never hurts to ask.

This - I took my car to a Firestone to get fixed and paid them but it was still messed up. I gave them another crack at it but it eventually had to go to the dealer. After getting the car fixed I went back and showed the receipt from the dealership and asked for my money back and they gave it to me. I told them they had always done good work and I'd like to continue using them. Maybe since I baited the hook of future business they were willing to work with me. But I would definitely go back and try to get yo money back.

edit: and I'm surprised there are so many ballaz on here that would let 2 fiddy out of their pocket so easily.

Tx Challenge
06-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I will try to make this brief, again squeaky wheel. I have a home warranty company. In my house, I have a heat pump that controls both heating and air. My wife and I woke up with a house full of smoke. We thought the house was on fire. Finally we realized, the smoke was blowing from the heat vents. Home warranty came right out and fixed the problem....So we thought...

Winter months passed and our electric bill was expensive. Come spring, we turn on the A/C and noticed it didnt work well. We called the home warranty company. Guy comes out and replaces a $400 part that is NOT covered. I B*tched and paid it, along with my $75 service fee. Still no A/C. I call again. "everything is fine" I am told this again and again. This went on and on till finally they sent out an "expert". Again the system is working fine. My house would not get cooler than 81 degrees, and my A/C is running all the time. Meanwhile my electric bills are hitting $900 a month! I am told about the hot summer, blah blah and how my system is fine. I was told that was all they could do and to do my own study.

I did. Called a friend and he diagnosed the problem on the phone.The guy wired the heat wrong. It would come on with the A/C so it "heated" my A/C.

I proved my point. I got a new system, all my service call money back and the difference in my electric bill for 1 year. It was a pain in the rear, but I made a call every couple of days. Still worth it