PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

lulu
05-31-2010, 08:41 PM
I am going to a baseball tournament in Huntsville mid June. A lot of the places I would like to stay are booked. I see it is not very far to College Station so I thought I might find somthing there that will be nicer for the money.

Anyone got suggestions?

Hi ya'll......I'm still here...jusy quitely lurking
:D

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Days Inn in New Waverly would be closer I think.

CS > Huntsville = 52.27 miles

New Waverly > Huntsville = 15.77 miles

bigwood33
05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Conroe is only about 25 miles and there are several hotels there.

NastySlot
05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
have you tried looking for a b&b? Hotels along the interstate..New Waverly to Conroe........Willis in a little ways down the interstate from H-ville.

lulu
05-31-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm open for anything clean and as close as we can be to the University. B & B would work great.

Nephew playing there Thurs-Sun. and we will need to be able to rest in between games.

j_dog
05-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I'm open for anything clean and as close as we can be to the University. B & B would work great.

Nephew playing there Thurs-Sun. and we will need to be able to rest in between games.
Is the University Hotel booked out? It is ON CAMPUS. Tough to get any closer. Anyone can stay there if there is a vacancy. I think it was remodeled in the past year so should be nice. I used to stay there over the years. It cost a bit more than the Motel 6, but was also more convenient. With all the motels in Huntsville it is difficult to conceive that they would ALL be full.

lulu
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
It is booked. And several of the others also. I think the teams have probably booked the majority of the good rooms that are reasonable and close.

I really wanted to get that one but no such luck.

lulu
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Is the University Hotel booked out? It is ON CAMPUS. Tough to get any closer. Anyone can stay there if there is a vacancy. I think it was remodeled in the past year so should be nice. I used to stay there over the years. It cost a bit more than the Motel 6, but was also more convenient. With all the motels in Huntsville it is difficult to conceive that they would ALL be full.

We will be there 3 nights and would like to keep it under $100. a night and have a clean place to stay. I see you live there....any other place that might not show up on the usual hotel websites?
Mom and Pop places? Empty rooms from students going home?
B & B?

sinton66
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I've stayed in the Super 8 before. Not the best in the world, but not bad.

lulu
05-31-2010, 09:43 PM
I can't recall for sure but I think that one was one of the ones booked up. I will review it. thank U

j_dog
05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I've stayed in the Super 8 before. Not the best in the world, but not bad.
True, not the best, but it is very convenient to the stadium.

j_dog
05-31-2010, 10:02 PM
We will be there 3 nights and would like to keep it under $100. a night and have a clean place to stay. I see you live there....any other place that might not show up on the usual hotel websites?
Mom and Pop places? Empty rooms from students going home?
B & B?
Have you checked out the Baker Motel? It is an older property so the prices might be better and is close to the campus. Don't know anyone who has stayed there recently. Here is the link:

http://www.bakermotel.com/reservation.htm

You can see from the pictures that it is not a "new" property, but it should be safe.

Before I would consider driving to College Station I would check out the motels in Madisonville. It is closer, and freeway all the way. There might be something lower priced there. Other than the obvious Motel 6 and Motel 8 I do not know if any others are "budget" places. But I would think you should be able to find a place for under $100 per night. Good luck. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

lulu
06-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Have you checked out the Baker Motel? It is an older property so the prices might be better and is close to the campus. Don't know anyone who has stayed there recently. Here is the link:

http://www.bakermotel.com/reservation.htm

You can see from the pictures that it is not a "new" property, but it should be safe.

Before I would consider driving to College Station I would check out the motels in Madisonville. It is closer, and freeway all the way. There might be something lower priced there. Other than the obvious Motel 6 and Motel 8 I do not know if any others are "budget" places. But I would think you should be able to find a place for under $100 per night. Good luck. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

thank you.....I did look at that place. Is a bit dated. May just have to bite the bullet and pay 150.00 a night.

I truly appreciate your help. Linda

44INAROW
06-01-2010, 10:15 AM
party at LULU's - mid June - details to follow :D

lulu
06-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Gotta find it first. But if you do please refill the pool with water before you leave...beer's not good for the liner for extended periods of time.:D

coach
06-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Days Inn in New Waverly would be closer I think.

CS > Huntsville = 52.27 miles

New Waverly > Huntsville = 15.77 miles

isn't pretty much every town > huntsville

waterboy
06-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Gotta find it first. But if you do please refill the pool with water before you leave...beer's not good for the liner for extended periods of time.:D
You were supposed to fill the pool with salt water.......not beer!:eek: I guess that means I won't be coming over for a swim in my Speedos....:D

Old Tiger
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by coach
isn't pretty much every town > huntsville

True but I was using > to say to

coach
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
oic i misread it

lulu
06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
You were supposed to fill the pool with salt water.......not beer!:eek: I guess that means I won't be coming over for a swim in my Speedos....:D

Sure hate I'm gonna miss that Speedo.
I don't put beer in the pool but I figure if 44 finds my place for the party................well you know how she is.:D

waterboy
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Sure hate I'm gonna miss that Speedo.
I don't put beer in the pool but I figure if 44 finds my place for the party................well you know how she is.:D
She can bring a few party balls and a keg or two and the party will find her, huh?:D