PDA

View Full Version : Blu Ray Player Help Needed

eagles_victory
05-31-2010, 01:07 AM
After three hours of trying everything under the sun... unsuccesfully I might add I have decided to see if anyone on the downlow can help me. The Blu Ray player is a Samsung1600 and Im trying to hook it up to the internet through the eternet cord by plugging it into the hook up in the wall. Everything is hooked up right but when I run it I get a Gateway Ping error and it wont allow me to stream netflix or youtube any help would be aprreciated.

TMer25
05-31-2010, 07:04 AM
If your going through a router, try turning off the firewall on it or any other security and see if it will connect

eagles_victory
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I live in an apartment so there is no router it just plugs into the wall.

TMer25
05-31-2010, 02:55 PM
There may be a port closed that the samsung wants open. Usually with Samsung I believe the ports that need to be open are , 80,443, and 8080.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Should have just got a PS3

bobcat4life
05-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Should have just got a PS3 or a normal dvd player

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Should have just got a PS3 Its not even mine

jason
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
can you stream netflix on a computer that is plugged into the same network port?? if so, then there is something going on with your blue ray player - if not, then there is something going on with your internet access...

some places block streaming video (netflix, youtube, even pandora radio) because it takes up so much bandwidth...

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jason
can you stream netflix on a computer that is plugged into the same network port?? if so, then there is something going on with your blue ray player - if not, then there is something going on with your internet access...

some places block streaming video (netflix, youtube, even pandora radio) because it takes up so much bandwidth... I can stream from my computer

TMer25
06-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Have you tried samsung tech support?

Diocletian
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I had a similar problem with my 1600.

I for life of me could not get the player to sync to the cable modem. I just plugged it into there to test and make sure everything is compatible....

After 5 hours of troubleshooting I discovered that..

I was only able to get it to access by using the router....of which I was going to use anyhow.after I tested. So once I plugged the router directly to the player ethernet port it sync'd up automaticaly and boom, I was in business.

If your plugging directly into a wall with no modem.....you may already be on a router though, quite possibly a DSL line.

Good luck!