PDA

View Full Version : what do ya'll think about burnet this year?

lildawg07
09-12-2002, 06:15 PM
I think we have a pretty awsome team and plan to see us going far, but i don't know how all the other teams are. i still think we will do good.

KillerBee
09-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Burnet will win state - even without the La Grange transfer. Good band too....

varsity54
09-12-2002, 06:31 PM
Its the 3rd week of the season. its way too hard to tell whos gonna make it to state. burnet is a good team but i believe that they wont get past 3rd round. they start talkin to much and forget about playing. we'll see what happens

spaniard
09-12-2002, 06:49 PM
we do tend to talk a lot here in burnet, but we did a lot of talkin back in 91 when we were state finalists. we may have lost that game, but it is the pride of the town that carries a lot of our team. this team is full of talent that will be back next year too, but without support from the people in burnet this team would be missing one important element needed to be the best they could be. a lot of people from sinton are talking a lot too, and i dont hear any flak being given to them about talkin trash. its only their 3rd week too. and im sure that the pride of their fans makes them confident that they will win state too. most teams that havent experienced a great deal of success in a few years tend to get overwhelmed with the feeling of success, and some teams manage to continue the flow of success all the way till the state championship game. so, for all of us here in burnet, cant wait till that game comes!!

eye of the tiger
09-12-2002, 08:05 PM
You truely have a good football team, but it really is a bit early to be making reservations for the title game. You certainly have a shot at it. Play em one game at a time and enjoy the season.

Pudlugger
09-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by KillerBee:
Burnet will win state - even without the La Grange transfer. Good band too....

They will go 11-0 then lose in the second round of the play-offs after choking on the pressure.

29x281
09-12-2002, 08:17 PM
I think the actual football team is taking the season one at a time. The large, enthusiastic internet following Burnet seems to have attracted makes it look like the team and the whole town is full of itself. And that's probably not an accurate perception.

29x281
09-12-2002, 08:23 PM
Why do you think Burnet will choke?

Pudlugger
09-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 29x281:
Why do you think Burnet will choke?

Bad Ju Ju, bad Karma, whatever.

dawg_monkey
09-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey I think Burnet will definatley go all the way. Burnet has an exceptional team and awesome players and whoever thinks other wise can shove it! No i'm j/k i'm not that mean. But Burnet RULES!!!

dawg_monkey
09-12-2002, 08:48 PM
I think Burnet will definatley go all the way. Burnet has an exceptional team and awesome players and whoever thinks other wise can shove it! No i'm just joking i'm not that mean. But Burnet RULES!!!(and they also have an awesome band to!)

varsity54
09-12-2002, 09:55 PM
The only thing that burnet talks about is going to state and they talk about it non-stop. if i was from burnet i'd think about this week. your just gonna make it worse when you come out of district as 2nd place and then get beat early in the playoffs. im not saying i want burnet to lose, i just think the whole going to state thing is a little too much.

29x281
09-12-2002, 10:04 PM
allow me to repeat:

I think the actual football team is taking the season one at a time. The large, enthusiastic internet following Burnet seems to have attracted makes it look like the team and the whole town is full of itself. And that's probably not an accurate perception.