PDA

View Full Version : Softball State Tourney Teams...

NastySlot
05-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Region I West
Region II North Lamar
Region III Robinson
Region IV Needville

Congrats and Good Luck to all.

Old Tiger
05-29-2010, 01:34 PM
So who will play who in the semi's?

coxjj
05-29-2010, 07:37 PM
They usually keep the 2 teams with the best record apart and flip to see which one gets the 3rd/4th seeded teams. Then a flip to see which teams play Thu @ 7:30pm and and which teams play Fri @ 8:30am. That info should be determined by tomorrow.

areacode337
05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
doesn't matter...Needville wins......

trojan37
05-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by areacode337
doesn't matter...Needville wins......

Well.....now that we have that out of the way......:rolleyes:

Footballhudini
05-29-2010, 09:39 PM
i think they might as well give needville the title/medals now and let the other teams battle it out for 2nd

K-MAC Chuck
05-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by coxjj
They usually keep the 2 teams with the best record apart and flip to see which one gets the 3rd/4th seeded teams. Then a flip to see which teams play Thu @ 7:30pm and and which teams play Fri @ 8:30am. That info should be determined by tomorrow.

Yep, great info.
the West coach said they'd know by this afternoon what the arrangement/schedule would be...
Good luck to all - and congrats to all for making the tourney!

Dieselsmoke
05-30-2010, 08:29 AM
North Lamar has had the toughest region, I give them the nod for the gold.

coxjj
05-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
So who will play who in the semi's?

Thu, 6/3, 7:30pm - Needville vs West
Fri, 6/4, 8:30am - Robinson vs Paris North Lamar

NastySlot
05-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
North Lamar has had the toughest region, I give them the nod for the gold.

what?

Old Tiger
05-30-2010, 11:21 AM
North Lamar has had the toughest region, I give them the nod for the gold. Been inhaling that diesel smoke? lol

I'll Take Robinson/Needville final

Dieselsmoke
05-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Been inhaling that diesel smoke? lol

Swept #4 Crandell 11-1 9-1
Swept Princeton who beat #1 Van 1-0 4-0
Beat #1 Celina in 3 games, game 1 was tied until the 12th inning North Lamar came back and won the next two 2-1 5-0
North Lamar will crush Robinson and play West in the finals

NastySlot
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Beat #1 Celina in 3 games, game 1 was tied until the 12th inning North Lamar came back and won the next two 2-1 5-0

you do know how those rankings work right...how those teams get those rankings? hint call in drop a few stats and your record and you might just crack the top 25.

idk....but i think region iv was pretty stout this season and the defending state champ survived it.

Dieselsmoke
05-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you do know how those rankings work right...how those teams get those rankings? hint call in drop a few stats and your record and you might just crack the top 25.

idk....but i think region iv was pretty stout this season and the defending state champ survived it.
idk.....33-5 Bring your popcorn....All teams at this level are going to be good, just sayin.....take North Lamar lightly and be the first on the yellow dog headin to the house.

NastySlot
05-30-2010, 02:23 PM
idk.....33-5 Bring your popcorn....All teams at this level are going to be good, just sayin.....take North Lamar lightly and be the first on the yellow dog headin to the house.

I hear yea.....I take no one lightly in any round of playoffs. I wish your team luck and also congrats on the accomplishment of making it to Austin.

Just remember this needville and west have players that have been there recently experience might make a difference. Robinson been a long time since they made it to Austin...but you know they are hoping to repeat the last time they were there...matter of fact all three of those programs have state titles in their history.

I wish all luck.......it should be good.

catgut
05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
idk but I'm betting on the "House" to win for North Lamar.

coxjj
05-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by catgut
idk but I'm betting on the "House" to win for North Lamar.

I wonder if everyone "Falls" into that trap? Or maybe West has the "Anz-wer"?

[the Robinson pitcher is Cooper ... sorry got nuthin']

Rabid Cougar
05-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Robinson and West in the Finals. West will win it.

IHStangFan
05-31-2010, 09:40 AM
GO LADY JAYS!!! Defending State Champs going to do it again!! BACK TO BACK!!

zebrablue2
05-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
GO LADY JAYS!!! Defending State Champs going to do it again!! BACK TO BACK!!

:2thumbsup

Daddy D 11
05-31-2010, 10:30 AM

how did yall beat the team that beat the #1 team and then in the next round beat the #1 team yourselves?

I have not seen the others, and West is a solid bunch but my gut tells me there is another team in the state that is better than them. The only thing they wow'd me with was their defense. It was stout. They really only got their runs when LH melted down defensively in the early part of both games. And their senior pitcher got hit hard every inning by us it was just normally right at someone. The 3rd baseman for West is a damn wizard over there, she gets to EVERYTHING.

coxjj
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
how did yall beat the team that beat the #1 team and then in the next round beat the #1 team yourselves?

Each of those teams were #1 during that particular week. Van was #1 when Princeton beat them, then whey they played Celina, Celina had moved up to #1 that week.

NastySlot
05-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

I have not seen the others, and West is a solid bunch but my gut tells me there is another team in the state that is better than them. The only thing they wow'd me with was their defense. It was stout. They really only got their runs when LH melted down defensively in the early part of both games. And their senior pitcher got hit hard every inning by us it was just normally right at someone. The 3rd baseman for West is a damn wizard over there, she gets to EVERYTHING.

he's using the tgca poll which continues to rank the top five teams through to the state tourney. Usually not a very reliable poll.

let me clarify...the tgca poll is poll put together by one guy.

Daddy D 11
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
rankings in the playoffs are bogus

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Here is how their post season rankings go

Oh a top 5 team lost so lets drop them out and move the others up. Really pointless. Didn't TGCA use to stop doing polls at the end of the season?

coxjj
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
You know, we all complain about how rankings are done, especially when our team is not where we think they should be. That's because polls are strictly opinions ... all of them. It doesn't matter what the criteria is to assess the rankings, it's still an opinion. But everyone wants to know how our team might stack up against another, especially one we are about to play; therefore, polls exist.

If we're going to have them, how should the high school softball polls be determined? Keep in mind that the "perfect" poll methodology probably costs way too much money and time to be feasible. Let's see, the one that probably costs the most money and involves the most resources is ... the BCS? And we all agree that's the best system, right?

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
You know, we all complain about how rankings are done, especially when our team is not where we think they should be. That's because polls are strictly opinions ... all of them. It doesn't matter what the criteria is to assess the rankings, it's still an opinion. But everyone wants to know how our team might stack up against another, especially one we are about to play; therefore, polls exist.

If we're going to have them, how should the high school softball polls be determined? Keep in mind that the "perfect" poll methodology probably costs way too much money and time to be feasible. Let's see, the one that probably costs the most money and involves the most resources is ... the BCS? And we all agree that's the best system, right? combine AP and coaches to formulate the new poll.

Dieselsmoke
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
The teams North Lamar beat were ranked very high in the poll that has to have more meaning than beating unranked teams.
North Lamar has 3 very good pitchers, senior House who has started since she was a freshman is very tough, Hargis a sophomore is a very close #2, and they have a solid defense, hit the ball well and are aggressive on the bases. A formula most teams have that are still playing late in the season, especially teams that make it to the final 4. IMO...NL will put Robinson away and will face West in the finals, if West doesn't play their best ball......:D

IHStangFan
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Polls, Rankings, blah blah blah. Here's a ranking for ya Dieselsmoke....Needville IS the defending state champ until proven otherwise. FACT. ;)

NastySlot
05-31-2010, 02:03 PM
The teams North Lamar beat were ranked very high in the poll that has to have more meaning than beating unranked teams.
North Lamar has 3 very good pitchers, senior House who has started since she was a freshman is very tough, Hargis a sophomore is a very close #2, and they have a solid defense, hit the ball well and are aggressive on the bases. A formula most teams have that are still playing late in the season, especially teams that make it to the final 4. IMO...NL will put Robinson away and will face West in the finals, if West doesn't play their best ball......:D

hey gives us some more info. on north lamar...kinda like what you did with the r2 baseball post.

just wonder how has nl done in the previous seasons in the playoffs......IDK...so give some info. like have they lost out to the team that has made it to austin etc? any info would be good.

any girls playing on the next level next season?

Dieselsmoke
05-31-2010, 03:25 PM
hey gives us some more info. on north lamar...kinda like what you did with the r2 baseball post.

just wonder how has nl done in the previous seasons in the playoffs......IDK...so give some info. like have they lost out to the team that has made it to austin etc? any info would be good.

any girls playing on the next level next season?
They went undefeated in district for the last 3 years 2008 11-4A 2009 and 2010 10-3A, during the last two years they have only allowed 1 run scored against them in district play.

It’s safe to say the Paris Lady Cats won’t be sad to see Rayn House graduate from North Lamar.

In her final game against Paris, North Lamar’s senior pitcher turned in a brilliant performance to lead the Class 3A 10th-ranked Pantherettes to a 15-0 victory in five innings Tuesday on Paris’ home field.

House pitched a perfect game inside the circle and struck out 13 of the 15 Paris batters she faced. Only two of her pitches were put into play – a grounder by Ayana Brown that rolled straight to House and a grounder by Gabby Parker that rolled to North Lamar second baseman Cobi Barker.

She also did damage at the plate, as she was only a triple away from the cycle. That includes a two-run homer in the first inning that easily cleared the fence in right-center field.

Our girls program has a long history of success the girls that graduated in 2008 were very good in 11-4A.
North Lamar girls athletic program is having an outstanding year.
Volleyball District champs
Undefeated in district play
Basketball District champs
Softball District champs
They are currently undefeated at (18-5-1, 8-0) two games left both at home...
**UPDATE**
The North Lamar Pantherettes clinched the District 11-4A softball championship Tuesday night with a 3-2 win in eight innings at Sulphur Springs. It is the Pantherettes' first district title since they moved up to Class 4A three years ago.
Soccer District champs
North Lamar (15-3-2) is having its best soccer season in school history, having made the playoffs for the eighth consecutive time. Coach Kendall Kirk and his Pantherettes defeated Paris 1-0 last week to claim the District 16-4A soccer title and earn a first round bye.
This current group has taken up were those seniors left off, especially the softball team.

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
I remember one time Rockdale was undefeated in the season ranked #2 and beat the #1 team in La Grange at the time in district play and we took over the #1 spot and a week later we were ranked #2 and didn't lose. lol

This was the TGCA poll btw.

NastySlot
05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
They went undefeated in district for the last 3 years 2008 11-4A 2009 and 2010 10-3A, during the last two years they have only allowed 1 run scored against them in district play.

It’s safe to say the Paris Lady Cats won’t be sad to see Rayn House graduate from North Lamar.

In her final game against Paris, North Lamar’s senior pitcher turned in a brilliant performance to lead the Class 3A 10th-ranked Pantherettes to a 15-0 victory in five innings Tuesday on Paris’ home field.

House pitched a perfect game inside the circle and struck out 13 of the 15 Paris batters she faced. Only two of her pitches were put into play – a grounder by Ayana Brown that rolled straight to House and a grounder by Gabby Parker that rolled to North Lamar second baseman Cobi Barker.

She also did damage at the plate, as she was only a triple away from the cycle. That includes a two-run homer in the first inning that easily cleared the fence in right-center field.

Our girls program has a long history of success the girls that graduated in 2008 were very good in 11-4A.
North Lamar girls athletic program is having an outstanding year.
Volleyball District champs
Basketball District champs
Softball District champs
They are currently undefeated at (18-5-1, 8-0) two games left both at home...
**UPDATE**
The North Lamar Pantherettes clinched the District 11-4A softball championship Tuesday night with a 3-2 win in eight innings at Sulphur Springs. It is the Pantherettes' first district title since they moved up to Class 4A three years ago.
Soccer District champs
North Lamar (15-3-2) is having its best soccer season in school history, having made the playoffs for the eighth consecutive time. Coach Kendall Kirk and his Pantherettes defeated Paris 1-0 last week to claim the District 16-4A soccer title and earn a first round bye.
This current group has taken up were those seniors left off, especially the softball team.

so north lamar has won district in all girls sports this season....that incredible....just off hand do you know if you all have a lot multi-sport athletes?............. with all the success in the past few seasons in softball are you all a senior dominated squad?

Dieselsmoke
05-31-2010, 04:28 PM
so north lamar has won district in all girls sports this season....that incredible....just off hand do you know if you all have a lot multi-sport athletes?............. with all the success in the past few seasons in softball are you all a senior dominated squad?
The softball team this season only has 4 seniors. The girls all play mult-sports, most of the girls on the softball team also play volleyball or basketball several were on the track team.
The team that won every sport in district was the 2007-2008 team. We had 3 girls that year that were MVP in one sport or the other in volleyball they all three were MVP's.
This group of girls reminds me a lot of that group, they are very young and I look for them to make another run in softball next year.

LE Dad
05-31-2010, 07:05 PM
The softball team this season only has 4 seniors. The girls all play mult-sports, most of the girls on the softball team also play volleyball or basketball several were on the track team.
The team that won every sport in district was the 2007-2008 team. We had 3 girls that year that were MVP in one sport or the other in volleyball they all three were MVP's.
This group of girls reminds me a lot of that group, they are very young and I look for them to make another run in softball next year. Should a great girls district next year, PG was reg finalist in volleyball LE SC in BB and track with PG not far behind. Both schools are young and when you throw NL in the mix it should make for some competitive district games.

pirate4state
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Thu, 6/3, 7:30pm - Needville vs West
Fri, 6/4, 8:30am - Robinson vs Paris North Lamar

Will there be a web cast?

coxjj
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Will there be a web cast?

I have found the following audio broadcasts:

http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/ that lists ...

06/03 Mart Lady Panther playoff Softball vs Blue Ridge Lady Tigers (TX) 10:15AM (CST)
06/03 West Lady Trojan playoff Softball vs Needville Lady Bluejays (TX) 06:45PM (CST)
06/04 Robinson Rockette playoff Softball vs Paris North Lamar Lady Panthers (TX) 08:00AM (CST

http://www.kulpradio.com has been broadcasting audio of the Needville games, so I am guessing they'll continue thru the State Tournament (click on one of the two "Needville Sports Here" links on their home page at game time).

You might check http://www.sportsgram.net/ to see if they will do any video of the tournament. They broadcast video of Celina/Paris North Lamar in the Region 2 Final. They don't list any upcoming events at the moment, however.

coxjj
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
The UIL State Tournament website has posted this broadcasting info (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/softball/state/broadcasting.html) ...

The games listed below will be broadcast on the Time Warner Texas Channel. The Texas Channel is available in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Waco, Corpus Christi and the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Check your local listings for details.

Friday, June 4:
4A Semifinal - Waco Midway vs. Denton Guyer 11:30 am LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel
4A Semifinal - New Braunfels Canyon vs. Magnolia 2:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel
5A Semifinal - Pearland vs. Lewisville Hebron 5:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel
5A Semifinal - Tomball vs. Austin Bowie 8:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel

Sunday, June 6:
3A Championship Game 10:00 am Playback on Time Warner Texas Channel
4A Championship Game 2:00 pm Playback on Time Warner Texas Channel
5A Championship Game 7:00 pm Playback on Time Warner Texas Channel

Old Cardinal
06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Whoever wins Region III wins state and this time it is Robinson--who faced a very stout group of contenders in their bracket climb. West will make a game of it up there however.

Robinson took out Splendora and that says they beat the second best team.

NastySlot
06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Whoever wins Region III wins state and this time it is Robinson--who faced a very stout group of contenders in their bracket climb. West will make a game of it up there however.

what formula are you using.....out of the last five 3A titles region iv has three and iii has two....that includes one to lagrange a team that bounces back forth from region III to IV

and for the 00-09 seasons I think region III has 4 titles to regions II- 3 and IV-3.

I think when h.s softball first started Region III dominated in all classes but within the last few seasons the power is even through most of the regions.

i will say this a few folks that I have spoken have told me watch out for West......they could give region I a title.

coxjj
06-02-2010, 11:17 PM
The UIL State Tournament website has posted this broadcasting info (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/softball/state/broadcasting.html) ...

The games listed below will be broadcast on the Time Warner Texas Channel. The Texas Channel is available in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Waco, Corpus Christi and the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Check your local listings for details.

Friday, June 4:
4A Semifinal - Waco Midway vs. Denton Guyer 11:30 am LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel
4A Semifinal - New Braunfels Canyon vs. Magnolia 2:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel
5A Semifinal - Pearland vs. Lewisville Hebron 5:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel
5A Semifinal - Tomball vs. Austin Bowie 8:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner Texas Channel

Sunday, June 6:
3A Championship Game 10:00 am Playback on Time Warner Texas Channel
4A Championship Game 2:00 pm Playback on Time Warner Texas Channel
5A Championship Game 7:00 pm Playback on Time Warner Texas Channel

From FoxSportsHouston.com:

UIL SOFTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS WEBCAST LIVE ON FoxSportsHouston.com

FOX Sports Houston will provide live webcasts of this weekend’s UIL softball state championships from Austin, including Friday’s 4A and 5A semifinals and Saturday’s 3A, 4A and 5A finals. Fans can watch the internet broadcasts listed below free of charge on FoxSportsHouston.com by clicking on the UIL Softball Championship banner located on the home page:

Friday, June 4
11:30 a.m. – 4A Semifinal: Waco Midway vs. Denton Guyer
2:00 p.m. – 4A Semifinal: New Braunfels Canyon vs. Magnolia
5:00 p.m. – 5A Semifinal: Pearland vs. Lewisville Hebron
8:00 p.m. – Tomball vs. Austin Bowie

Saturday, June 5
2:00 p.m. – 3A Final (West-Needville semifinal winner vs. Paris North Lamar-Robinson semifinal winner)
5:00 p.m. – 4A Final
8:00 p.m. – 5A Final

Lincoln Rose will serve as the play-by-play announcer for all webcasts and will be joined by analyst Haley Gaddis.

FOX Sports Houston also will televise a one-hour UIL Championship Spotlight recap show featuring highlights from all division softball state championship games. The show premieres on Wednesday, June 16 at 1:00 p.m. CT and will be replayed several times throughout the summer.

pirate4state
06-03-2010, 09:00 AM
SWEET!!!! Thanks for the info coxjj.

GO LADY JAYS!!!

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Been inhaling that diesel smoke? lol

Bottom of 2nd
North Lamar 4
Robinson 0

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:16 AM
another Pantherette crosses the plate...
North Lamar 5
Robinson 0
top of 3rd

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
what?
5 to zip North Lamar......what

LE Dad
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
North Lamar 5
Robinson 0
top of 3rd Keep it up NL!!:clap: :clap:

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Robinson scores
NL 5
Robinson 1

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
B3
NL 5
Robison 1

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Robinsons starting pitcher Cooper called for illegal pitch 4 times...Robinson changes pitcher

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:32 AM
T4
NL 5
R 1

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
B4
NL 5
R 1

LE Dad
06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
North Lamar 5
Robinson 0
top of 3rd :clap: :clap:

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Still bottom of 4
NL 8
R 1

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM
T4
NL 8
R 1

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
NLs House pitches another scoreless frame. NL still leads 8-1.
B5

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Entering B6: North Lamar still leads 8-1

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
FINAL
North Lamar 8
Robinson 1

Old Tiger
06-04-2010, 10:30 AM
congrats NL

Dieselsmoke
06-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Class 3A state title game. Game set for 2 p.m
NL will meet West in that title game.

Roc96
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I guess you spoke a little too soon. I made the same mistake early in the season, when I expected the state champion to be either LaVernia, Giddings or Sweeny, and none of them even made it to the Regional finals.

LE Dad
06-04-2010, 11:05 AM
FINAL
North Lamar 8
Robinson 1 Win 1 more !!!

Way to go Ladies.:clap: :clap: