PDA

View Full Version : OH NO! Trouble in paradise!! BWAHAHAHA

Keith7
05-28-2010, 02:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5229510

This should be a fun season for the circus known as the cowgirls

Old Tiger
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM
no teams showed interest in him for a trade. so if he gets released idk where he would go. should probably just shut his mouth and work hard to get better.

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't think this is a circus. Dez was going to play over crayton in any case both as a returner and in the receiver rotation. Sam Hurd also has been looking around. I would let Crayton go. Age in grade. No one seems to want to trade for him.

Bullaholic
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Let's see who laughs the loudest in the end, Leopard boy....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/desean-jackson-isnt-griping-about-his-contract-yet/

Old Tiger
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I don't think this is a circus. Dez was going to play over crayton in any case both as a returner and in the receiver rotation. Sam Hurd also has been looking around. I would let Crayton go. Age in grade. No one seems to want to trade for him.

Top 3 receivers are Miles Austin, Dez Bryan, and Roy Williams. Hurd and Ogeltree(whom I hear is greatly improved), are looking at the #4 spot.

Emerson1
05-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure how the 5th string receiver wanting to be released is trouble in paradise.

He could go be the #3 in Philly pretty easily though

Maroon87
05-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Please don't feed the trolls.:nerd:

Keith7
05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm not sure how the 5th string receiver wanting to be released is trouble in paradise.

He could go be the #3 in Philly pretty easily though

He wouldn't make the roster.. would be a good addition to the practice squad though.. Heck Roy Williams and Dez Bryant would both have trouble getting PT on the Eagles roster

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
He wouldn't make the roster.. would be a good addition to the practice squad though.. Heck Roy Williams and Dez Bryant would both have trouble getting PT on the Eagles roster

Roy would have issues but I think Dez might be the real deal. But you are right about their receiving corp. hot.....

SintonFan
05-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Please don't feed the trolls.:nerd:

When you feed the trolls the air DOES get sucked out of the room.:(

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Please don't feed the trolls.:nerd: You say that as if there is more than one.:confused: :confused:

LE Dad
05-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Please don't feed the trolls.:nerd: You say that as if there is more than one.:confused: :confused:

sinton66
05-29-2010, 08:03 AM

Uh huh. And if the Eagles' receivers had Tony Romo throwing to them, they might actually be worth something.:D

IrishTex
05-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uh huh. And if the Eagles' receivers had Tony Romo throwing to them, they might actually be worth something.:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ivchris
05-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Roy Williams will shine like the sun this year. Cowboy coaches just need to go back and watch some Texas games where Young would toss it up in the corner and Roy would go get it..............along with the National Championship. Could be the same deal in Dallas if they'd just try it.

Eagle 1
05-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Top 3 receivers are Miles Austin, Dez Bryan, and Roy Williams. Hurd and Ogeltree(whom I hear is greatly improved), are looking at the #4 spot.
I have to disagree and not becuase RW played for Texas.
Top 3 receivers are Miles Austin, Dez Bryan, Ogletree/Hurd and at the #4 spot Roy Williams.

Roy Williams will shine like the sun this year. Cowboy coaches just need to go back and watch some Texas games where Young would toss it up in the corner and Roy would go get it..............along with the National Championship. Could be the same deal in Dallas if they'd just try it.

We are talking about the NFL, not College or even high school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, somebody posted this on here last year and its still funny. :D

I also heard the Cowboys fitted Roy Williams with a clear visor and a heads-up display that had the routes on it, and a dotted line showing where the ball would be going.

Old Tiger
05-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
Roy Williams will shine like the sun this year. Cowboy coaches just need to go back and watch some Texas games where Young would toss it up in the corner and Roy would go get it..............along with the National Championship. Could be the same deal in Dallas if they'd just try it. Roy could have been so much better in college but he was a selfish player and didn't work as hard because he thought he was entitled to something.

Old Tiger
05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Top 3 receivers are Miles Austin, Dez Bryan, Ogletree/Hurd and at the #4 spot Roy Williams.

We are talking about the NFL, not College or even high school.
We are talking about the NFL and money talks there. Roy is getting paid a lot of money to be on the field consistently which makes him a top 3 receiver on the team.

TheDOCTORdre
05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ivchris

too bad Roy was out of college by the time the Horns won the NC:doh:

Eagle 1
05-29-2010, 11:56 PM
We are talking about the NFL and money talks there. Roy is getting paid a lot of money to be on the field consistently which makes him a top 3 receiver on the team.

Really?.....I mean Really?......Really?.......

http://i48.tinypic.com/fsz8k.gif

Who cares if he can catch the ball, much less run the route?......

Pick6
05-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Hurd has done nothing at all, Ogletree is probably the worst route runner of them all. RW has earned a Pro Bowl trip in the past. He is easily the 3rd best of that group.

Emerson1
05-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Hurd has done nothing at all, Ogletree is probably the worst route runner of them all. RW has earned a Pro Bowl trip in the past. He is easily the 3rd best of that group.
No he isn't. Your past accomplishments mean nothing. Ogeltree has contributed more to this team then Roy Uno Uno has.

Pick6
05-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No he isn't. Your past accomplishments mean nothing. Ogeltree has contributed more to this team then Roy Uno Uno has.

What has Ogletree contributed?

TheDOCTORdre
05-30-2010, 12:16 PM
can we at least see what Dez Bryant actually brings to the field before we start claiming him as a legit #2, remember he sat out almost all of last year.

Old Tiger
05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
can we at least see what Dez Bryant actually brings to the field before we start claiming him as a legit #2, remember he sat out almost all of last year. everything i'm hearing says he could be legit #1

Eagle 1
05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
What has Ogletree contributed?
Ogletree would probably start on most teams in the NFL. If he doesnt get much playing time this year, I would look for him to be gone next year.

Keith7
05-30-2010, 12:36 PM
everything i'm hearing says he could be legit #1

They said that about Charles Rogers too..

If the cowgirls had it their way, Bryant would already be in the ring of honor.. I mean they gave him the No. 88 and made it a point to tell everyone it was because he is the next Michael Irvin or Drew Pearson..

Old Tiger
05-30-2010, 12:38 PM
They said that about Charles Rogers too..

If the cowgirls had it their way, Bryant would already be in the ring of honor.. I mean they gave him the No. 88 and made it a point to tell everyone it was because he is the next Michael Irvin or Drew Pearson.. Ironically as crappy as a team player Roy is he said this about Dez....

He's not. The spirit of what Williams has to say is often taken the wrong way by those who are not there when he makes the comments. He's not full of bluster. He's thoughtful. He also rejects the notion that his contract gives him an edge when it comes to the battle for a starting receiver spot.

"It is a fair competition for the spot,'' Williams said. "My thing is, if you're good enough, come get it.

"I've been working really hard this off-season. Obviously, something I've been doing these past two years hasn't been working so I took it another step further and it's working pretty good this year.

"I hope it can translate on the field. But if it doesn't, No. 88 is going to be right there. He's that good. He's going to be right there regardless. I've got to stay on my game.''

But Williams isn't finished when it comes to talking about No. 88, Dez Bryant.

"The dude is scary,'' Williams said. "The dude is good and he doesn't even know it yet. Once the light bulb goes on he will probably be the best in the league.

"He's a man among boys. He's got big hands. Real big hands. When he shakes my hand, his fingers come up to my elbows.''

SintonFan
05-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Ironically as crappy as a team player Roy is he said this about Dez....

"He's a man among boys. He's got big hands. Real big hands. When he shakes my hand, his fingers come up to my elbows.''

Wow! That has got be emasculating. :eek: :D

Pick6
05-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Ogletree would probably start on most teams in the NFL. If he doesnt get much playing time this year, I would look for him to be gone next year.
thats just crazy. he wasn't good enough to beat out Patrick Crayton for the 3rd spot. i hope he does live up to his potential but he is not one of the top 3 right now.

Eagle 1
05-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I think he is good enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGoBdJXl28Y

IrishTex
05-30-2010, 09:46 PM

Yes, I agree too. I would imagine if given more opportunities, he would have done much better than the guy from UT.

:D

Keith7
05-30-2010, 10:07 PM

two can play that game :doh:

Let me guess, this guy is Jerry Rice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ITtk8J81I

goosealaniz
05-30-2010, 11:07 PM
two can play that game :doh:

Let me guess, this guy is Jerry Rice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ITtk8J81I

but those highligts werent in the NFL that was in college... so you really arent playing the game...

Eagle 1
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
but those highligts werent in the NFL that was in college... so you really arent playing the game...
Exactly.

Keith7
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by goosealaniz

LOL OLOL OLOLOLOLOLOL and a video showing EVERY catch oglepee made last season means that he is a potential all-pro!?!??! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL cowgirl fans never cease to amaze me

Pick6
05-31-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL OLOL OLOLOLOLOLOL and a video showing EVERY catch oglepee made last season means that he is a potential all-pro!?!??! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL cowgirl fans never cease to amaze me

And you thinking and upset Crayton is trouble, you never cease to amaze me

Eagle 1
05-31-2010, 03:06 PM
REC__YDS__AVG___TDS
7____96___13.7___1

Not bad stats for a first year reciever who didn't start.
Not to mention one of those catchs came against Phili for 15 yards.
One of those big hits on the kickoff team was against the Eagles.

Old Tiger
05-31-2010, 03:13 PM
REC__YDS__AVG___TDS
7____96___13.7___1

One of those big hits on the kickoff team was against the Eagles. Not only that but Ogeltree came out of Virginia his junior season when obviously he could have used another year in college to develope.

Keith7
05-31-2010, 04:33 PM
REC__YDS__AVG___TDS
7____96___13.7___1

One of those big hits on the kickoff team was against the Eagles.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Txbroadcaster
05-31-2010, 05:38 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

I will take the "drama' of WR mad that he is not starting over the trading of one of the top 3 QB in the history of the franchise to start a younger unknown.

IHStangFan
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
LOL OLOL OLOLOLOLOLOL and a video showing EVERY catch oglepee made last season means that he is a potential all-pro!?!??! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL cowgirl fans never cease to amaze me I actually agree w/ something keith7 says........I think I'm going to be sick.

goosealaniz
05-31-2010, 08:14 PM

i never said that he had the potential to be an all pro... all i said is that you showed highlights of someone in college and tried to compare it to someone in the NFL thats a BIG difference...