PDA

View Full Version : Gary Coleman is in critical condition in Utah hospital

IrishTex
05-27-2010, 10:33 PM
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID19632/images/resized_image6525179.jpg

Thursday, Gary Coleman is in critical condition and has been hospitalized at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo. Coleman, 42, is a former child TV star who is best known for his role on the TV show “Diff’rent Strokes” which aired from 1978-1986.

Coleman has lived in Santaquin, Utah since 2005; Santaquin is located just 55 miles south of Salt Lake City. Coleman came to Utah to star in the movie Church Ball and met his wife, Shannon Price on the set of the movie. They were married in 2007.

In February of this year, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge in Utah. To read more about that case and to see his hilarious mug shot, click here.

Late last year he had heart surgery and complications of pneumonia arose afterwards. He also suffers from kidney problems and has had two transplants. Coleman has also had financial and legal problems throughout most of his adult life.

Source (http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt-Lake-City-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m5d27-Gary-Coleman-is-in-critical-condition-in-a-Utah-hospital)

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 12:18 AM
:( Not any details on what it is. I truly feel sorry for him, his parents stole all the money he made on DStrokes and it wasn't like he could grow up and get a job.

MUSTANG69
05-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Just saw on Fox that Gary Coleman passed away. He had suffered a brain hemorrhage.

Maroon87
05-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Just saw on Fox that Gary Coleman passed away. He had suffered a brain hemorrhage.

Say it ain't so Willis...:(

Trashman
05-28-2010, 03:09 PM
He's dead Jim......:(

Phil C
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:( Not any details on what it is. I truly feel sorry for him, his parents stole all the money he made on DStrokes and it wasn't like he could grow up and get a job.

LE I am surprised they were able to spend all the money he made. Maybe some but not all. In 1939 due to public outcry California passed the Jackie Coogan law because he had earned a lot of money as a silent screen child actor and his parents had spent all the money . The law now requires that part of the money earned be placed in a trust fund for the child until he/she grows up. Fortunately Mr. Coogan was able to make a living as a character actor in the movies and television but he lost out on several million dollars because of his parents.

Phil C
05-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69

This is sad news and an end to a sad life for someone who had brought great joy to millions. :(

Dana Plato who played his older sister in Different Storkes had a tough life when older getting in trouble with the law and fooling with drugs. She died of an overdose at age 34.

Todd Bridges also had a hard time with trouble like Dana getting addicted to drugs and having run ins with the law but he has turned his life around and stars in movies and in daytime series. He travels around the country talking to kids about the dangers of drugs and the joy he has had since turning his life over to Jesus Christ.

Bull Butter
05-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Conrad Bain, who is 87 and Charlotte Rae, 84 are gonna end up outliving everyone who was on that show

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
LE I am surprised they were able to spend all the money he made. Maybe some but not all. In 1939 due to public outcry California passed the Jackie Coogan law because he had earned a lot of money as a silent screen child actor and his parents had spent all the money . The law now requires that part of the money earned be placed in a trust fund for the child until he/she grows up. Fortunately Mr. Coogan was able to make a living as a character actor in the movies and television but he lost out on several million dollars because of his parents. That is what Gary claimed. I do not know it for a fact but my understanding. He won a lawsuit against his parents to recover the monies they squandered.

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Conrad Bain, who is 87 and Charlotte Rae, 84 are gonna end up outliving everyone who was on that show Last I heard the guy who played Willis, Todd Bridges, was on the straight and narrow...again. I would never want my child to be famous. Successful yes but famous as a child or teen just seems to cause a huge emotional problems.

zebrablue2
05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
RIP Gary!!!

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID19632/images/resized_image6525179.jpg

Coleman came to Utah to star in the movie Church Ball and met his wife, Shannon Price on the set of the movie. They were married in 2007.

Source (http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt-Lake-City-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m5d27-Gary-Coleman-is-in-critical-condition-in-a-Utah-hospital)

I think they had a fairly rough marriage or possibly got off to a bad start - from what I remember.

RIP Gary Coleman