PDA

View Full Version : Waco Robinson v. Orangefield: Game 1

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Orangefield (visiting) takes a 4-3 lead into the top of the 7th.

DeRamus walks.
Felts walks (James courtesy runner).
Angelle SAC fly to right, advancing DeRamus to 3rd.
Passed ball to Evans scores DeRamus, James to 2nd....5-3.
Evans two-run homer around 380-ft. mark.....7-3.
Huckabay flies out to CF. 2 outs.

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 08:54 PM
OHS scores 3 runs in top of 7.

Score 7-3 Bobcats over Rockets...bottom of 7th coming up.

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 08:57 PM
1st batter on base.
Olson pops up. 1 out.

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 08:59 PM
3rd batter strikes out.

Zach Cross pinch-hitter for Ashcraft.....2 outs.

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Error on 6-3 play.

Runner scores from 2nd.....7-4.

Next batter pops up in foul territory on 3rd base side.....catcher Felts makes diving catch.....3 outs.

Orangefield wins 7-4 over Robinson.

Game 2 Saturday at 3:00 p.m. in New Caney.

44 Magnum
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
7-4 final

44 Magnum
05-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Not that it Matters . . . but Robinson ISD has no affiliation with the city of Waco or Waco ISD . . . Robinson folks prefer others to leave off the "Waco" prefix. Yeah, if you want to continually pi$$ off someone from "Robinson" . . . keep calling them "Waco" Robinson. Not that it Matters!

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry 'bout that.

We've been hearing nothing but "Waco Robinson" over in our neck of the woods.

I'll amend my posts henceforth. Thanks.

BaseballUmp
05-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Not that it Matters . . . but Robinson ISD has no affiliation with the city of Waco or Waco ISD . . . Robinson folks prefer others to leave off the "Waco" prefix. Yeah, if you want to continually pi$$ off someone from "Robinson" . . . keep calling them "Waco" Robinson. Not that it Matters!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

44 Magnum
05-27-2010, 09:32 PM
No problem 88! The town is a suburb of Waco, but the folks from Rocket Land want their own identity separate and way apart from "Waco". But they certainly don't mind spending a lot of time and money in Waco proper. There is a good reason for that. Robinson doesn't even have a post office. Robinson's zip code is really a Waco zip code. Robinson has very little retail - only one grocery store. Several fast food places are in the town, but not much else. I think Robinson ISD is a great school system and that is pretty difficult considering the lack of tax base in the district.

LE Dad
05-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Not that it Matters . . . but Robinson ISD has no affiliation with the city of Waco or Waco ISD . . . Robinson folks prefer others to leave off the "Waco" prefix. Yeah, if you want to continually pi$$ off someone from "Robinson" . . . keep calling them "Waco" Robinson. Not that it Matters! Get used to it. Liberty Eylau and Pleasant Grove both get stuck with Texarkana.

BaseballUmp
05-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Not trying to be a SA, but to you 44 it says you are from Waco, and to you LE it says your from Texarkana lol....:stirpot:

44 Magnum
05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey I've got a t-shirt from that game! Thankfully there is not a Waco or Texarkana anywhere to be found on the silk-screening. BTW that was a great game, however, I was pulling strongly for Robinson.

88bobcats
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
I understand.

Some people in the UIL refer to WO-S as Orange: West Orange - Stark.

Orangefield has an "Orange" zip code, but I would hate it if we were referred to as "Orange: Orangefield".

I guess some people might consider Orangefield to be a suburb of Orange. If that's the case, we're the redneck suburbs with cattle, crawfish farms, and other hick implements.

44 Magnum
05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
UMP - I didn't think you were a SA . Nobody said I live in Robinson . . . I am just well aware of the city and school system. There are alot of us know-it-all folks in the "Waco" area. (I'm raggin' on myself!)

BaseballUmp
05-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Haha gotcha we always called them just Robinson when we played them

Old Cardinal
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Congrats to Orangefield tonight....It is an interesting event when the #4 team in the state blows out the #1 rated team in the state all year,

Bridge City also from Region 3 21-3A finished off the #3 team in the state in Jasper 10-5,also in this first game of the series.

Both teams will have to beat these teams once each to be into the Region III finals.

eagles_victory
05-28-2010, 02:19 AM
The worst Ive ever seen about this is Hudson... People get extremly pissed if they are called Lufkin Hudson

BaseballUmp
05-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Dude lufkin hudson....boy do I have stories to tell about them

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Not trying to be a SA, but to you 44 it says you are from Waco, and to you LE it says your from Texarkana lol....:stirpot: I actually live well outside the city limits of Texarkana. The ISD was formed from 3 districts ouside of the city limits (now probably 40% is inside city limits due to annexation) and 70% of the students live outside of the city limits. I do not have a problem at all with the term Texarkana Liberty-Eylau, lol after 13 yrs it kinda grows on you. The official school district name is Liberty-Eylau ISD. Thats what everyone in East Texas knows us as. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau just makes it easier for people across the state to identify us with a city.

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The worst Ive ever seen about this is Hudson... People get extremly pissed if they are called Lufkin Hudson Yeah, lot worse things to get pissed about.

Pick6
05-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Robinson doesn't even have a post office. Robinson's zip code is really a Waco zip code.

That is why they are known as Waco Robinson. Callisburg was always Callisburg until they lost there post office, now they are Gainesville Callisburg