PDA

View Full Version : Do you know of any arrogant towns or programs

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Which programs are the most arrogant?

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Which programs are the most arrogant? Liberty-Eylau.

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM

OK, just so we know, what do you mean as "arrogant"?

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 02:09 PM
You know the ones. They are better than you at everything- even when they are not.

MUSTANG69
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Victoria

Emerson1
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Not celina.

Because every year they think they are the underdog

Keith7
05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA CELINA

Farmersfan
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Tatum fans were pretty arrogant in 07' as they went for the 3peat. Perhaps it was earned but it was still pretty hard to deal with on the forums leading up to the BIG game... It was several weeks of listening to them explain how we had never seen their speed, their size, their talent, their coaching, their fans ect, ect.......... In other words, not very realistic!

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 02:27 PM
No offense to anyone, and I'm not trying to preach here, but I guess I just find other things to think about other than who may be "arrogant" about their high school football program.

Again, I'm not trying to make it seem like I don't enjoy high school football, but I guess I see lots more serious issues than who I may think is arrogant at football.

1) I wonder how we are gonna stop all that oil from pouring into the gulf as we sit here today.

2) I have been on vacation for two days, and I have to go back to work tomorrow and try to help people figure out how they can keep their homes out of foreclosure.

3) It's coming up on Memorial Day and my thoughts are about the good Americans that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

4) I'm almost 60 now and I am thankful for my health. I'm thankful for lots of things, but i don't want to get into an argument about who I am thankful to and get this page sent to some other place cause it's a little religious.

5) I think most people, even people in Snyder, are good folks and pretty much try to scratch out a living just like the folks in Sweetwater do. The difference today is, back then when you got beat on the field, you shook hands and showed respect both ways to one another. It's not like that anymore.

So back to the question at hand. Do I know of any arrogant town or programs? No, not really, but if I did, I would probably have to point the finger at me first.

Keith7
05-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
No offense to anyone, and I'm not trying to preach here, but I guess I just find other things to think about other than who may be "arrogant" about their high school football program.

Again, I'm not trying to make it seem like I don't enjoy high school football, but I guess I see lots more serious issues than who I may think is arrogant at football.

1) I wonder how we are gonna stop all that oil from pouring into the gulf as we sit here today.

2) I have been on vacation for two days, and I have to go back to work tomorrow and try to help people figure out how they can keep their homes out of foreclosure.

3) It's coming up on Memorial Day and my thoughts are about the good Americans that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

4) I'm almost 60 now and I am thankful for my health. I'm thankful for lots of things, but i don't want to get into an argument about who I am thankful to and get this page sent to some other place cause it's a little religious.

5) I think most people, even people in Snyder, are good folks and pretty much try to scratch out a living just like the folks in Sweetwater do. The difference today is, back then when you got beat on the field, you shook hands and showed respect both ways to one another. It's not like that anymore.

So back to the question at hand. Do I know of any arrogant town or programs? No, not really, but if I did, I would probably have to point the finger at me first.

Sounds to me like you hate high school football

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Sounds to me like you hate high school football

haha, see? That's a great point Keith.

I clearly stated I like high school football, and you seem to not understand that. Is it any wonder why there are disagreements?

Now, there are only two possibilities here:

1) You totally understand my statement that I like high school football, and you want to "stir the pot" to see what my respnse will be or,

2) You don't understand my statement and you are just misinformed. (I have another expression, but there are ladies present)

;)

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I would probably have to point the finger at me first. :clap: :clap: All good points,but that line is the best.
If they won't shut up then shut em up. What some call arrogance I call PRIDE, and there ain't nothing wrong with PRIDE.:)

Farmersfan
05-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: All good points,but that line is the best.
If they won't shut up then shut em up. What some call arrogance I call PRIDE, and there ain't nothing wrong with PRIDE.:)

Arrogance is what happens when Pride becomes overbearing and unrealistic!!!! If you take your pride too far, you become arrogant.

Old Dog
05-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Don't think there are any communities that are void of "some" arrogant folks.

Usually they are a flat out embarassment to most citizens.

They like to claim it's just sportsmanship, but I fear some are just mean spirited.

MUSTANG69
05-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Arrogance is what happens when Pride becomes overbearing and unrealistic!!!! If you take your pride too far, you become arrogant.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Everyone should be proud of the school they support. We must remember that most of us are just fans. When you become arrogant the ones that really get hurt are the kids. They see adults acting arrogantly and wonder if it is worth it. The kids are smarter than they act or look.

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Gosh I love when intelligent conversation takes over.

Good job guys....excellent points!

:)

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Arrogance is what happens when Pride becomes overbearing and unrealistic!!!! If you take your pride too far, you become arrogant. Pride is when you support your team. It matters not if it is unrealitic. Arrogance is when you put your team superior to other teams.

This thread was started because one poster had pride in his school, not arrogance, but pride and started a thread congratulating the school he supports.

ccmom
05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Here are my thoughts...

Often times success and confidence is viewed as arrogance. Programs that have continued success probably have a larger, and often times louder, fan base which can rub people the wrong way sometimes. The players from a program will often have a certain swagger and air about them, as well.

The flip side of that is that fans and players from programs who have not fared well against another program in the past, might unknowingly have a "chip on their shoulder." Sometimes it easier to find a so-called weakness in another program (such as calling them arrogant) than it is to just suck it up and admit defeat.

In my experience, in sports, if someone "acts like they are better than you", sometimes they just might be. :D

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Here are my thoughts...

Often times success and confidence is viewed as arrogance. Programs that have continued success probably have a larger, and often times louder, fan base which can rub people the wrong way sometimes. The players from a program will often have a certain swagger and air about them, as well.

The flip side of that is that fans and players from programs who have not fared well against another program in the past, might unknowingly have a "chip on their shoulder." Sometimes it easier to find a so-called weakness in another program (such as calling them arrogant) than it is to just suck it up and admit defeat.

In my experience, in sports, if someone "acts like they are better than you", sometimes they just might be. :D

CCMom, I will agree with you to a point. But let me give you my opinion if i may. Case in point. Abilene Wylie pretty much owns that district. I can't remember the last time Sweetwater beat Wylie. But I don't think Wylie is arrogant, nor do i think there is a "hatred" there like say, Sweetwater and Snyder. Why is that?

Because Snyder and Sweetwater were raised to hate each other. It's been a long tradition of rivalry. So, my point is, a team can be owned by another team, but as long as they are good sports about it, and do it with class (like Wylie) there's usually never a problem. Where i think the problem comes in is when a team A beats team B and then team B is unsporting about it, it creates a grudge.

One of the oldest rules in sports is, when you get beat, shut up! And when you are the winner shut up and show some class, like you should be good sports about it.

Spread It Out
05-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't believe I'm the first one to say it.

Brownwood.

LionKing
05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
I can't believe I'm the first one to say it.

Brownwood. Rocket has taken over your life.

bobcat4life
05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Prosper is the cockiest and most arrogant S.O.B.'s around

IHStangFan
05-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Don't think there are any communities that are void of "some" arrogant folks.

Usually they are a flat out embarassment to most citizens.

They like to claim it's just sportsmanship, but I fear some are just mean spirited. :clap: This is accurate. And some towns have more of these types of folks than others. Simple as that.

garciap77
05-25-2010, 07:13 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................
One of the oldest rules in sports is, when you get beat, shut up! And when you are the winner shut up and show some class, like you should be good sports about it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I_DONT_CARE
05-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/pot-kettle.jpg

INGLESIDE. BUT WHO CARES? :rolleyes:

I_Do_Care
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
BUT WHO CARES? :rolleyes:
I Do :D

44INAROW
05-25-2010, 07:48 PM

who let you out of your box?

Spread It Out
05-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Rocket has taken over your life.

Losing has taken over your program.

LionKing
05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Losing has taken over your program. A 10-3 record last season, if that's losing I'll take it.

Old Tiger
05-25-2010, 10:55 PM
lh :p

BaseballUmp
05-25-2010, 11:01 PM
A few years ago I would have said Hutto maybe

Old Tiger
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
A few years ago I would have said Hutto maybe I say Cameron....a bunch of tea sippers they are

BaseballUmp
05-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I say Cameron....a bunch of tea sippers they are
haters haha

Yoe_09
05-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I say Cameron....a bunch of tea sippers they are

...alright. I would have to say McGregor based on what ive heard lately.

buckeyebob
05-26-2010, 05:38 AM
Liberty-Eylau.

You are so wrong...we are more arrogant than you

Phil C
05-26-2010, 07:37 AM
I feel fortunate that the teams I support have great coaches, players and fans. We don't brag when we win or whine when we lost. We are very humble and not arrogant. We respect our thy opponents in defeat or in victory. I am of course talking about Sinton, Texas Longhorns, Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs.

truebluestang
05-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Not all successful programs are considered arrogant but some of them are. I really didn't understand that growing up in a very successful place but once I moved away I realized how true this was. Some athletes allow success to go to their heads and I think communities and fans get the same way at times- just an observation.

Phil C
05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Not all successful programs are considered arrogant but some of them are. I really didn't understand that growing up in a very successful place but once I moved away I realized how true this was. Some athletes allow success to go to their heads and I think communities and fans get the same way at times- just an observation.

Present 3A downlow company excepted of course. :)

OnceABucJr
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Be careful just how far you take this Coach?

Pick6
05-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Prosper can't hold a candle to Celina's arrogance. Every time I drive thru Celina I thank God that I don't have to live there.

Pick6
05-26-2010, 08:35 AM
lh :p

I'm beginning to agree with you.

Farmersfan
05-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I would have to say that aroogance is in the ear of the listener! Regardless of how someone intends to come accross, if they are perceived as arrogant then guess what, THEY ARE ARROGANT!

RiverRat19
05-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Successful programs with winning traditions typically expect to do well, so once a goal is met (game won, etc.) usually the attitude by the team is "business as usual" and that they did what was expected. This can be expressed through limited celebration (if any) following the win and seen by others as conceit or arrogance when really the team is trying to stay humble and focused on themselves and their performance and goals.

BleedOrange
05-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Prosper can't hold a candle to Celina's arrogance. Every time I drive thru Celina I thank God that I don't have to live there.

We thank God also

BwdLion73
05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Losing has taken over your program.

:rolleyes:

Pick6
05-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
We thank God also

One day you might be as lucky as I am and be able to get out of The Cult on 289. My last day of work over there rates right up there with the birth of my children.

DDBooger
05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
One day you might be as lucky as I am and be able to get out of The Cult on 289. My last day of work over there rates right up there with the birth of my children. LOL

We disagree on so much, but you always make me laugh.

Matthew328
05-26-2010, 11:26 AM
One day you might be as lucky as I am and be able to get out of The Cult on 289. My last day of work over there rates right up there with the birth of my children.

That right there is funny!

MN95
05-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Children, as in plural? Twins maybe? Based on most of the crap you post, I'm surprised there is someone out there that would have sex with you more than once.

LE Dad
05-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Children, as in plural? Twins maybe? Based on most of the crap you post, I'm surprised there is someone out there that would have sex with you more than once. :eek: :eek: :eek:

MUSTANG69
05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Children, as in plural? Twins maybe? Based on most of the crap you post, I'm surprised there is someone out there that would have sex with you more than once. :doh:

MN95
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Pick 6 rips on Celina at every opportunity. I guess he lived here once and didn't like it. That is his OPINION and he is welcome to it. But, believing that your OPINION, makes something true, is real arrogance on display.

Pick6
05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Pick 6 rips on Celina at every opportunity. I guess he lived here once and didn't like it. That is his OPINION and he is welcome to it. But, believing that your OPINION, makes something true, is real arrogance on display.

Hell no I've never lived there. I think I said earlier I thank God for that. I actually made friends with someone just outside of The Cult so I could wash the crap from Celina off my vehicle every day on the way home.

BTW, check you're kids DNA

MN95
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Hell no I've never lived there.

My mistake. I guess I was giving your opinions even more credibility than they deserve. Now you really look arrogant.

pirate4state
05-26-2010, 01:11 PM
oh my gato :eek: :eek:

truebluestang
05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Ever been embarrassed to say you were from a place because of how they act? Winning and losing with class is the mark of a good team, a good program and a good community. Winning without class causes people to lose respect and label programs. Classless is probably a better word than arrogance. Ever been at a place that has won for years and then they have an off year or two- there true colors will be displayed during these times. Coaches, players, fans and everyone else will be criticized.

BleedOrange
05-26-2010, 01:58 PM

You sound like a caring father making that comparison. With regard to being lucky to get out of there, I find my self one of many fortunate people to live there. My family selected Celina over all metroplex towns. No regrets whatsoever. You obviously are bitter and/or jealous for some reason. People in Celina are passionate about their town and their football program. If passionate means arrogant then guilty as charged.

Farmersfan
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
You sound like a caring father making that comparison. With regard to being lucky to get out of there, I find my self one of many fortunate people to live there. My family selected Celina over all metroplex towns. No regrets whatsoever. You obviously are bitter and/or jealous for some reason. People in Celina are passionate about their town and their football program. If passionate means arrogant then guilty as charged.

Is there a difference between passionate and cultish or obsessive???? Just wondering! :D :D

Black_Magic
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Which programs are the most arrogant? BROWNWOOD BY FAR.....

BleedOrange
05-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Is there a difference between passionate and cultish or obsessive???? Just wondering! :D :D

Yes. Try a dictionary.

ccmom
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM

Question... how is belief in his OPINION any different from your belief in your OPINION. You are both basing those opinions on your own personal experience. So, I suppose if, as you said "believing that your OPINION, makes something true, is real arrogance on display", then the fact that you believe in your opinion makes you arrogant as well. Hmmmmm.....:thinking:

By the way...it is my OPINION that I didn't do a very a good job of clearly getting my point across in this post, BUT IMO it's all still true. :D

BwdLion73
05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
BROWNWOOD BY FAR.....

:p

ronwx5x
05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Question... how is belief in his OPINION any different from your belief in your OPINION. You are both basing those opinions on your own personal experience. So, I suppose if, as you said "believing that your OPINION, makes something true, is real arrogance on display", then the fact that you believe in your opinion makes you arrogant as well. Hmmmmm.....:thinking:

By the way...it is my OPINION that I didn't do a very a good job of clearly getting my point across in this post, BUT IMO it's all still true. :D

So having any opinion at all makes one arrogant? My opinion on that question is no. I guess that mekes me arrogant.:confused:

ccmom
05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
So having any opinion at all makes one arrogant? My opinion on that question is no. I guess that mekes me arrogant.:confused:

That is exactly what I am trying to point out. Calling someone arrogant for having an opinion is hardly logical. :doh:

ronwx5x
05-26-2010, 02:36 PM
To me it would be arrogance if a person declares his opinion to be the only correct option. I always try to leave room for plausible deniability in my opinions.:p

Farmersfan
05-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Oh I like this reverse phycology stuff!! Do some more!!!!! :) :)

ccmom
05-26-2010, 02:39 PM
To me it would be arrogance if a person declares his opinion to be the only correct option. I always try to leave room for plausible deniability in my opinions.:p

Me too....unless, of course, I am right! :D

Anyway...I just found it funny that he said if someone believes their own opinion to be true, that makes that person arrogant. :confused:

Oh well, I guess that's his OPINION. :p

Pick6
05-26-2010, 02:52 PM

let me put this in words even someone living in celina can understand....that place sucks, getting out of there was high on my list of good things that has happened in my life. when i'm constapated(sp) i look at a picture of a bobcat and that helps me...

Looking4number8
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM

Wylie of course... well they are not so much arrogant... just purple, thats bad enough :) :) :)

MN95
05-26-2010, 03:28 PM

It's one thing to have an opinion, but realize others may disagree with you, and respect their disagreement. I don't think Pick 6 does this with his continual attacks on our community.

MN95
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
let me put this in words even someone living in celina can understand....that place sucks, getting out of there was high on my list of good things that has happened in my life. when i'm constapated(sp) i look at a picture of a bobcat and that helps me...

LOL. If you are going to take the "I'm smarter than all of you" approach, you might want to try spell check next time genius.

MN95
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
when i'm constapated(sp) i look at a picture of a bobcat and that helps me...

On the other hand, your very clever use of elementary school level bathroom humor, to illustrate your disdain for Celina leaves everyone reading this with no doubt about the intellectual giant we are dealing with.

BleedOrange
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM

Scares you that much does it? Based upon the content of things high on your list your life must be rather mundane. I almost feel sorry for you. For my own edification, can you please let me know what you despise so much about the town? You didn't live there but apparently had a job in Celina having to do with feces. Its on your car....you are constipated....ultimate relief due to fear of bobcats.

Pick6
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
LOL. If you are going to take the "I'm smarter than all of you" approach, you might want to try spell check next time genius.

Never fails, the spelling police always comes out when they have nothing else to say.

Pick6
05-26-2010, 04:00 PM
For my own edification, can you please let me know what you despise so much about the town?

The title of this thread is about arrogance isn't it.

Matthew328
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I enjoy elementary bathroom humor..it still makes me giggle

BILLYFRED0000
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Never fails, the spelling police always comes out when they have nothing else to say.

IT usually goes along with the bad attitude check. If your heart is right your attitude is.

I have lived in Celina for a while now and love it. It is not perfect and I do not always agree or get along with everybody. I could change my mind. I am truly sorry that you have such bad feelings but that is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

On the other hand opinions are like well you know. Everybody has one. No facts involved usually just hurt feelings.

MUSTANG69
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM

How bad did we beat you?:D

Pick6
05-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I enjoy elementary bathroom humor..it still makes me giggle

me too :thumbsup:

it's even more fun when you have to get down on their elementary level to make them understand.

Trashman
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
I will admit that I have not read all the post on this thread. Probably don't need to.... The most arrogant team is the one that is winning, just ask the team that lost.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
05-26-2010, 04:38 PM
To me it would be arrogance if a person declares his opinion to be the only correct option. I always try to leave room for plausible deniability in my opinions.:p Me too!!!:D :cool: :p :clap: :nerd:

bobcat4life
05-26-2010, 04:39 PM
So, by saying Celina is more arrogant, you mean we:

1. Have poured cokes on high school football players and stormed the field after beating them

2. Beaten a team 2 yearsin a row after being pounded for 25 years straight and said they will never beat us again

3. Have had high school kids and fans cuss out 6th grade kids from a rival school at a girls JV basketball game about beating them in football the previous year

4. Called a team scared to play us after having it come out that we were not in the same district despite being 6 miles apart, and then having a newspaper article published criticizing them for it. Then we want them to drop their biggest rival from the past 40 years to play a team that has beaten them only twice since 1984.

Man I cant believe Celina has done this. WAIT, THEY HAVENT!!! YOUR BELOVED PROSPER EAGLES DID ALL THAT!!!!

Pick6
05-26-2010, 04:44 PM

Man I cant believe Celina has done this. WAIT, THEY HAVENT!!! YOUR BELOVED PROSPER EAGLES DID ALL THAT!!!!

My Prosper Eagles? I'd take them everyday over Celina. With that being said, I've never been to a football game in Prosper.

LH Panther Mom
05-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm beginning to agree with you.
:rolleyes:

BossHog09
05-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Celina for sure. They use their past accomplishments to defend them falling off the map in the past two yrs. And still refuse to admit that they turned down the oppurtunity to play Prosper. Just trying to protect this "ego" that they think they still have.

bobcat4life
05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
Celina for sure. They use their past accomplishments to defend them falling off the map in the past two yrs. And still refuse to admit that they turned down the oppurtunity to play Prosper. Just trying to protect this "ego" that they think they still have. We made the state game in 2008 and were beaten by a better team. If thats falling off the map, then we'll take that anyday

orange machine
05-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Celina for sure. They use their past accomplishments to defend them falling off the map in the past two yrs. And still refuse to admit that they turned down the oppurtunity to play Prosper. Just trying to protect this "ego" that they think they still have.

Hey Boss im still waiting on your answer from about 4 months ago as to why Gunter doesnt try to scheldule a game with Celina? After all Melissa a 2a school has stepped up, but no Gunter.

sinton66
05-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Would it do any good to advise people on this thread to re-read Rule #3?

BaseballUmp
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I doubt it :p

orange machine
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM

I think i will do that right now thank you.

orange machine
05-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Well i feel refreshed after reading rule 3.

orange machine
05-26-2010, 11:33 PM

One more thing what has Gunter Football ever done just curious?

Looking4number8
05-27-2010, 06:05 AM

Come on sinton, dont cut them off.. I have really enjoyed the mud slinging that has been going on here. I think this thread should get "thread of the month"

BILLYFRED0000
05-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Hey Boss im still waiting on your answer from about 4 months ago as to why Gunter doesnt try to scheldule a game with Celina? After all Melissa a 2a school has stepped up, but no Gunter.

Oh lets not go there. Gunter is a good school and program but they have done everything they can to avoid playing us. I have friends there and they have great kids. The mcconnells are teriffic for example. But it is no secret that they do not want to schedule us. But IMHO that is smart. to schedule a superior team early in the season is setting yourself up for a possible disaster. Injuries and the psychological effect could be disastrous for an otherwise good season. On the other hand Robinson did that a few years ago, lost to us 42 13 and made it to the state finals. IMHO should have won but hey that's the game.

truebluestang
05-27-2010, 08:12 AM
C'mon Mustang 69. Throw a few names of programs out there. Let's get some mud slingin' going.

MUSTANG69
05-27-2010, 08:39 AM
C'mon Mustang 69. Throw a few names of programs out there. Let's get some mud slingin' going.

Victoria
Gregory-Portland
West Oso

How's that?

jdawg2012
05-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Carthage
Lufkin-Hudson*
Bridge City

*-They argued at least once an inning with the umpires at the Jasper-Hudson baseball playoff games. Our student section got tired of cheering "CRY ME A RIVER!" :D

sinton66
05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Come on sinton, dont cut them off.. I have really enjoyed the mud slinging that has been going on here. I think this thread should get "thread of the month"

Just don't get carried away with it. If it turns into bashing, it'll disappear.

LE Dad
05-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Oh lets not go there. Gunter is a good school and program but they have done everything they can to avoid playing us. I have friends there and they have great kids. The mcconnells are teriffic for example. But it is no secret that they do not want to schedule us. But IMHO that is smart. to schedule a superior team early in the season is setting yourself up for a possible disaster. Injuries and the psychological effect could be disastrous for an otherwise good season. On the other hand Robinson did that a few years ago, lost to us 42 13 and made it to the state finals. IMHO should have won but hey that's the game. :D

pirate4state
05-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Victoria
Gregory-Portland
West Oso

How's that?

LOL this is the 2nd time you've mentioned Victoria.

Oso? :thinking: I guess I can see that in basketball.

But I think TBS wanted you to say Sinton. :D

I'm trying to remember the quote from the softball thread, provided by TBS...oh right, "It's not arrogance- just confidence." :)

ccmom
05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'm trying to remember the quote from the softball thread, provided by TBS...oh right, "It's not arrogance- just confidence." :)

I see you are abbreviating the user name for Sinton's #1 fan.

I prefer to call him "TrueBS". Has a nice ring to it, don't you think? ;)

MUSTANG69
05-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Victoria is a real thorn in my side. I tried to attend some games when I lived there (16 years). Those fans and booster club members were so arrogant I just quit trying to attend games.

West Oso-Very arrogant and rude when it comes to basketball.

I'm not going to say Sinton is arrogant because I haven't seen that but I sure could enjoy some trash talking with Sinton posters.:D

pirate4state
05-27-2010, 09:37 AM

HAHAHA Good call!

pirate4state
05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Victoria is a real thorn in my side. I tried to attend some games when I lived there (16 years). Those fans and booster club members were so arrogant I just quit trying to attend games.

West Oso-Very arrogant and rude when it comes to basketball.

I'm not going to say Sinton is arrogant because I haven't seen that but I sure could enjoy some trash talking with Sinton posters.:D

I just didn't realize Victoria was all that great in anything? :confused: :D ;) Of course, they are 5A? Really don't follow 5A.

I just laugh at West Oso because for all their talent, they still haven't done what Sinton was able to do. :)

I'm glad. :)

MUSTANG69
05-27-2010, 09:58 AM
I just didn't realize Victoria was all that great in anything? :confused: :D ;) Of course, they are 5A? Really don't follow 5A.

I just laugh at West Oso because for all their talent, they still haven't done what Sinton was able to do. :)

Victoria's sports programs went down hill fast when they combined there high schools. They just couldn't handle having losing teams.

MUSTANG69
05-27-2010, 10:11 AM

Watch it. That statement about West Oso could be bordering on arrogance.
:D :D

Phil C
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Let's show a little humility there P4S. Remember we were able to do it partly because of the retired West Oso Coach's two sons.

MUSTANG69
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM

TrueBlue is just proud of his school. If there is a little rivalry with Sinton I think it is great. I hope he sticks to his guns and not cave in.:D

pirate4state
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Let's show a little humility there P4S. Remember we were able to do it partly because of the retired West Oso Coach's two sons.

No :D

ronwx5x
05-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Towns and programs are not people and as such have no opinions, thus no arrogance. Now the townspeople on the other hand...........:D

truebluestang
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Some of you still can't get over the Sinton thread. I thought it was funny that a LaGrange poster came on and posted his school's accomplishments and nothing was said, but when Ingleside posts theirs- the Sinton nation gets defensive and makes comments about how long we can keep it going in Ingleside- you guys started that mess and we threw it right back. I see how the guy at Prosper feels now about Celina.

orange machine
05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Oh lets not go there. Gunter is a good school and program but they have done everything they can to avoid playing us. I have friends there and they have great kids. The mcconnells are teriffic for example. But it is no secret that they do not want to schedule us. But IMHO that is smart. to schedule a superior team early in the season is setting yourself up for a possible disaster. Injuries and the psychological effect could be disastrous for an otherwise good season. On the other hand Robinson did that a few years ago, lost to us 42 13 and made it to the state finals. IMHO should have won but hey that's the game. I know how Gunter is my wife is from Gunter and my mother in-law still lives there. My wifes brother hates Celina and trashes them every chance he gets so it's obvious alot of Gunter people have issues with Celina's succsess.

truebluestang
05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Based on how the Sinton fans on here went crazy after we posted our accomplishments- I would say that they are so arrogant that they can't stand to see anyone in this district do better than them. DS and EA are definitely those type of people.

pirate4state
05-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Based on how the Sinton fans on here went crazy after we posted our accomplishments- I would say that they are so arrogant that they can't stand to see anyone in this district do better than them. DS and EA are definitely those type of people.

LOL

MN95
05-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Just don't get carried away with it. If it turns into bashing, it'll disappear.

OK, I'm curious. When does mudslinging turn into bashing? And, if I read rule 3 correctly, we are only not allowed to "bash" individual athletes, but it doesn't say anything about bashing each other or communities. It does say we shouldn't "attack" communities. So, I guess I would like to know the distinctions between mudslinging, bashing, AND attacking. It seems to me this sort of stuff goes on all the time, but I certainly don't want to break any rules here.

BwdLion73
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
OK, I'm curious. When does mudslinging turn into bashing? And, if I read rule 3 correctly, we are only not allowed to "bash" individual athletes, but it doesn't say anything about bashing each other or communities. It does say we shouldn't "attack" communities. So, I guess I would like to know the distinctions between mudslinging, bashing, AND attacking. It seems to me this sort of stuff goes on all the time, but I certainly don't want to break any rules here.

Mudslinging is when you talk about 3A schools and towns....Bashing and attacking is when you talk about Brownwood!
Arrogance? I think not.;)

OnceABucJr
05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume from this post that your are okay with giving out the initials of those whom others feel are also arrogant (and may post on here)?

Old Tiger
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
LH, Sinton, Cuero, and Abilene Wylie.

ronwx5x
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM

I must be the only one on the board who doesn't know who DS and EA are. Boy am I naive!!!:thinking:

truebluestang
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume from this post that your are okay with giving out the initials of those whom others feel are also arrogant (and may post on here)?

You lost me on this one. Are you agreeing that the two mentioned are arrogant? No names- it's just initials. Wouldn't want to get into trouble. I have no problem with it- they know who they are.

truebluestang
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I must be the only one on the board who doesn't know who DS and EA are. Boy am I naive!!!:thinking:

It's an inside thing. If you are from Sinton you could figure it out. They post on here as well.

LE Dad
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
OK, I'm curious. When does mudslinging turn into bashing? And, if I read rule 3 correctly, we are only not allowed to "bash" individual athletes, but it doesn't say anything about bashing each other or communities. It does say we shouldn't "attack" communities. So, I guess I would like to know the distinctions between mudslinging, bashing, AND attacking. It seems to me this sort of stuff goes on all the time, but I certainly don't want to break any rules here. Mudslinging ends when you get a message in your PM box.:doh: :D

ronwx5x
05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
It's an inside thing. If you are from Sinton you could figure it out. They post on here as well.

Thanks, but I don't think I will move to Sinton just to find out who they are! Nothing against Sinton.

OnceABucJr
05-27-2010, 05:14 PM
quote:
quote:

You lost me on this one. Are you agreeing that the two mentioned are arrogant? No names- it's just initials. Wouldn't want to get into trouble. I have no problem with it- they know who they are.

Follow me close on this one - it's not rocket science! You said Sinton fans like DS & EA are arrogant (your words not mine). I said you must feel it's okay to give out the initials of people/Sinton fans you think are arrogant, hence you must not have any problems with others giving out the initials of say, Ingleside fans whom others feel are arrogant. That being said, as an Ingleside fan GH is "definitely this type of person". And "you don't have a problem with it - you know who you are".

LE Dad
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
:wave: :wave:

garciap77
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Mudslinging ends when you get a message in your PM box.:doh: :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
05-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
BROWNWOOD BY FAR.....

Phil C
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Too much disunity here! :mad:

Let's remember we are all Americans and at least put our differences aside and remember it is Memorial Day weekend and thank our troops who have fought and died for us both now and in the past.

44INAROW
05-27-2010, 05:57 PM

hey now - oh, you're listing good programs.. nevermind :p

Green Bling
05-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Silly me, OT! I thought we were friends! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
05-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
hey now - oh, you're listing good programs.. nevermind :p ;)

All of them are pretty much the complete opposite...sarcasm rocks! :D

LE Dad
05-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's what I heard.:D

sinton66
05-27-2010, 06:44 PM

It turns into bashing when people don't have enough good sense to NOT make it a personal attack. Rule 3 clearly states in the title
Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.

sinfan75
05-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Sinton's arrogant! :D

truebluestang
05-28-2010, 08:06 AM
quote:
quote:

Follow me close on this one - it's not rocket science! You said Sinton fans like DS & EA are arrogant (your words not mine). I said you must feel it's okay to give out the initials of people/Sinton fans you think are arrogant, hence you must not have any problems with others giving out the initials of say, Ingleside fans whom others feel are arrogant. That being said, as an Ingleside fan GH is "definitely this type of person". And "you don't have a problem with it - you know who you are".

I'm still wondering about this GH. I guess you think this is the Head Coach who would also be from Sinton. That would be about right- he is from Sinton and he is arrogant. Just like all those Sinton people. I bet GH is really enjoying beating those Sinton people.

BILLYFRED0000
05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
bbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashbash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bashash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash bash

Phil C
05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm still wondering about this GH. I guess you think this is the Head Coach who would also be from Sinton. That would be about right- he is from Sinton and he is arrogant. Just like all those Sinton people. I bet GH is really enjoying beating those Sinton people.

Hey GH is a great person and I saw him after Ingleside beat Sinton last year and he was a gracious winner. His family in Sinton has worked hard for athletes especially in little league girls' softball and boys' baseball which has contributed to their success in high school. I wish they had included GH's father's name when they named the little league baseball field because of the great work he and his sons and family have done for us. Even if he had been arrogant after that game (which of course he wasn't) I wouldn't have held it against him because of what his family has done for us. In fact one of GH's niece did a great job for our softball team when our ace pitcher was injured. We were indeed fortunate to have her on the team to help us. So please don't say GH is arrogant because of his success. Of course he wants to win but he is a good sport and very gracious and good example for all of us. Maybe you should get to know him truebluestang. You might be pleasantly surprised.

MUSTANG69
05-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey GH is a great person and I saw him after Ingleside beat Sinton last year and he was a gracious winner. His family in Sinton has worked hard for athletes especially in little league girls' softball and boys' baseball which has contributed to their success in high school. I wish they had included GH's father's name when they named the little league baseball field because of the great work he and his sons and family have done for us. Even if he had been arrogant after that game (which of course he wasn't) I wouldn't have held it against him because of what his family has done for us. In fact one of GH's niece did a great job for our softball team when our ace pitcher was injured. We were indeed fortunate to have her on the team to help us. So please don't say GH is arrogant because of his success. Of course he wants to win but he is a good sport and very gracious and good example for all of us. Maybe you should get to know him truebluestang. You might be pleasantly surprised.

My wife is a sub teacher at Ingleside High School. She says GH is a very nice and gracious person. She says he is very quiet much of the time that she has been around him. Maybe some people take that as arrogance. Maybe it is and maybe it is not. I don't know him so I couldn't really say.

One heck of a football coach though.

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 09:45 AM
I guess from the looks of this your rivals are always arrogant.:thinking: Continue on though I think the cryptic initials are funny.:clap: :clap:

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

OldBison75
05-28-2010, 09:47 AM
I think that there is some arrogance involved in any school system, whether it is one individual or even sometimes a whole team. Even teams that have losing records often have a star player that is arrogant and shows it when he makes a great play and taunts the other team or shows off for the fans.

That said, I believe that a team or school that is regularly having success does have an air about them that they are the best. I would not want them to act any other way. I call it pride. The parents and fans are sometimes a little more of a problem. They sometimes go a little overboard and see it necessary to insult the oppostion on the field and the fans of that opposition. I chalk that up to people that have lost the true competitive nature of the sport and have chosen to make every game a battle between the culture and DNA of the towns involved and not the accomplishments of the young men and women that are actually competing.

I will say that my school has played some of the most successful programs over the last few years and there have been a few incidents of fan abuse, but I have seen no such behavior that i considered arrogant on the field. The Liberty Hill fans and team were in the middle of a spectacular run when we played them and they were loud, rabid and somewhat cocky, BUT, they were also great fans and were very gracious and pleasant after the game and many made comments to our fans on the play and potiential of our program and it was appreciated. Likewise, we played Gilmer this past year in a really tight and exciting game and thier fans were everything you would love to see in your own school. They were loud, boisterious, and you could feel the emotion in the air. After the game, many were standing near the area where the Navasota player exited the field and I heard many compliments and congratulations on a great season comments. The same was given to our fans when we ran into some after the game. Both programs were not arrogant, but they were true fans.

orange machine
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
One thing that I thought was arrogant and disrespectful was last year Celina and Prosper are playing Prosper scores a touchdown and their runningback runs to the Celina logo on the 50 holding up the 1 finger to the Celina team and fans.

Sweetwater Red
05-28-2010, 10:05 AM
It's kinda sad that this thread is the most active on the board. :dispntd:

*EDIT* - most active on the sports forum.

MN95
05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
It turns into bashing when people don't have enough good sense to NOT make it a personal attack. Rule 3 clearly states in the title
Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.

Thanks, that really clears it up for me.:rolleyes:

BurkNate
05-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Graham

zebrablue2
05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
One thing that I thought was arrogant and disrespectful was last year Celina and Prosper are playing Prosper scores a touchdown and their runningback runs to the Celina logo on the 50 holding up the 1 finger to the Celina team and fans.

Please tell me the officials threw a flag!!

zebrablue2
05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks, that really clears it up for me.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:No, thank you!!!

LE Dad
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by BurkNate
Graham Wow, that took a lot longer than I thought it would. :)

garciap77
05-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BurkNate
Graham

orange machine
05-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Please tell me the officials threw a flag!!

That would be a NO!

sinton66
05-29-2010, 08:14 AM
It's an inside thing. If you are from Sinton you could figure it out.

Apparently by this statement, you're from Sinton?

They post on here as well.

I don't know that. There's not much way you could know it unless they've told you they do.

Old Cardinal
05-29-2010, 10:36 AM
This whole thread kind of bothers me.....
I see sets of parents in maybe one sport like Volleyball, Football, Softball, Baseball, or all the other sports, that might be perceived to act unfavorably in their manner of supporting their particular program. On the other hand, the overall Athletic department's parents-base is quite acceptable.

We have to judge the whole program more that judging a few in one of their sports( parents)---before we brand a whole school or whole town as bad.

Interestingly, the perceptions can also change from year-to-year as parent support tends to graduate along with their youth. LOL

Old Tiger
05-29-2010, 10:45 AM
One thing that I thought was arrogant and disrespectful was last year Celina and Prosper are playing Prosper scores a touchdown and their runningback runs to the Celina logo on the 50 holding up the 1 finger to the Celina team and fans. show proof or i'm not believing you

Sweetwater Red
05-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I see sets of parents in maybe one sport like Volleyball, Football, Softball, Baseball, or all the other sports, that might be perceived to act unfavorably in their manner of supporting their particular program. On the other hand, the overall Athletic department's parents-base is quite acceptable.

We have to judge the whole program more that judging a few in one of their sports( parents)---before we brand a whole school or whole town as bad.

Interestingly, the perceptions can also change from year-to-year as parent support tends to graduate along with their youth. LOL

Nice post.

orange machine
05-29-2010, 11:37 AM
show proof or i'm not believing you

Well don't believe me I don't care I know what I saw, but I can't prove it anyway.

Old Tiger
05-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Well don't believe me I don't care I know what I saw, but I can't prove it anyway. If you can't prove it then it never happened.

orange machine
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM
It happend and I said I can't prove it that doesn't mean that somebody else can't. Surly with all the media at the game and both teams filming somebody caught it. It doesn't really matter
what's done us done we are talking about a 17 year old kid.

Phil C
05-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

So that's why I see different people attending the games year in and year out. :)

bobcat4life
05-31-2010, 12:03 AM
If you can't prove it then it never happened. I saw it also. O.M. aint lying

orange machine
05-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Well there is two witnesses then.

hoosier44
05-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Cuero wins the most arrogant honors hands down

Blue42
05-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by hoosier44
I think you are mistaking Gobbler Pride for arrogance.

Cowboy_Up
05-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Disagree about Cuero being arrogant.
Are they proud? Sure and they should be.

But those kids play the game right, they are in shape and well prepared, and flat out compete.

Nothing but respect for Cuero athletics.

sinton66
05-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up

But those kids play the game right, they are in shape and well prepared, and flat out compete.

Ditto.

DDBooger
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I watched them versus Calallen for four years and they always looked well prepared and disciplined. Almost like looking in the mirror at times.

Perhaps the poster meant the fans? Often the team is unfairly tossed in with overzealous loudmouths (not saying Cuero has those). That is often displayed on here :D

LE Dad
05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
If you can't prove it then it never happened. :doh:

bigwood33
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, this has been an interesting thread and I find myself in an odd position, that of defending Celina. Is Celina Bobcat football overwhelming to most people, yes. Are supporters of Bobcat football proud and occasionally over zealous, yes. I am here to tell you that no one makes visitors feel appreciated more than the men and women of Celina. They greet every visitor with a smile and are always helpful with parking, seating, concessions, restrooms, etc. I am sure there are some idiots in the crowd that occasionally stand out but my experiences have been good. The players, although very proud to be Bobcats, are "yes sir, no sir" kids. My oldest son graduated in '07 and my youngest will in '12 and they both like the kids from Celina and never had a problem with them. They are disciplined and respectful.

buckeyebob
06-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up

Ditto here...met several @ IHOP in Huntsville...very gracious.

bowleghorses
06-01-2010, 08:53 AM

They probably thought ya'll were cocky when ya'll were kicking their ___ a couple of years ago. Funny when it's on the other foot.:D

bowleghorses
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I however lived in Prosper at one time but would rather live in Celina because of the small town atmoshere. I even attended the Prosper graduation this past weekend and took a drive up to Celina killing time.

orange machine
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
If you want to see arrogant at it's finest this is what the Prosper head coach said on his football web site.

Noticeably missing from the new district is Celina, as they are now part of District 10-AAA._ After consecutive losses to the Eagles, and since realignment has freed them of the obligation, the Bobcats have chosen not to continue the series.

To me that is arrogant when in reality we had all ready scheduled a long time rival Pilot Point the week Prosper wanted to play.

bobcat4life
06-01-2010, 06:48 PM
If you want to see arrogant at it's finest this is what the Prosper head coach said on his football web site.

Noticeably missing from the new district is Celina, as they are now part of District 10-AAA._ After consecutive losses to the Eagles, and since realignment has freed them of the obligation, the Bobcats have chosen not to continue the series.

To me that is arrogant when in reality we had all ready scheduled a long time rival Pilot Point the week Prosper wanted to play. ditto. I still get mad just thinking of that article from February

Looking4number8
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM

To me that is arrogant when in reality we had all ready scheduled a long time rival Pilot Point the week Prosper wanted to play.
I still wish you guys would have taken Coach Shipley up on the Brownwood/Celina series. I know it is longer than you guys usually drive but the game would have been worth it (especially knowing there is no way you guys will go d2 and a long long long shot for us to go d1)......

sure would have sold a lot of tickets no matter where it was played

orange machine
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I still wish you guys would have taken Coach Shipley up on the Brownwood/Celina series. I know it is longer than you guys usually drive but the game would have been worth it (especially knowing there is no way you guys will go d2 and a long long long shot for us to go d1)......

sure would have sold a lot of tickets no matter where it was played

In the last two years Celina has had to drive to Temple, Daingerfield and Whitehouse. I dont think driving all the way to Brownwood was in the cards. I would have loved to see the game, but the drive is not worth it in the regular season.

Looking4number8
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
In the last two years Celina has had to drive to Temple, Daingerfield and Whitehouse. I dont think driving all the way to Brownwood was in the cards. I would have loved to see the game, but the drive is not worth it in the regular season.

Like I just posted on the Bwd website. Bwd to Big Spring 174 miles for a district game. Bwd to Celiana for what would have bee and awesome game 197 miles.... the drive just seems like no big deal to us. Celina to any of the towns listed above is as far as two of our district games

Looking4number8
06-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Let me also add, I dont really blame your coach. Why travel so far unless you have to or really want to play a team badly. I just wish it would have happened

orange machine
06-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Like I just posted on the Bwd website. Bwd to Big Spring 174 miles for a district game. Bwd to Celiana for what would have bee and awesome game 197 miles.... the drive just seems like no big deal to us. Celina to any of the towns listed above is as far as two of our district games

That just blows having to drive that far. For a playoff game it would be well worth it, but not during the regular season. :eek:

Looking4number8
06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
That just blows having to drive that far. For a playoff game it would be well worth it, but not during the regular season. :eek:
its not so bad for football. What sucks is the other sports that play twice weekly.

Lets see... bus leaves around 12:30 to make a 3 1/2 hour drive in time to get snacks along the way and JV game to start at 5. Varsity game starts at 7 and is over and everybody on bus usually by 9. Team stops to eat and leaves town around 10 or 10:30 to arrive home around 1:30 on a tuesday night/wednesday morning.

I admit, this is only two or three times a season for each sport but it really does suck for those kids.

orange machine
06-01-2010, 10:55 PM
its not so bad for football. What sucks is the other sports that play twice weekly.

Lets see... bus leaves around 12:30 to make a 3 1/2 hour drive in time to get snacks along the way and JV game to start at 5. Varsity game starts at 7 and is over and everybody on bus usually by 9. Team stops to eat and leaves town around 10 or 10:30 to arrive home around 1:30 on a tuesday night/wednesday morning.

I admit, this is only two or three times a season for each sport but it really does suck for those kids.

That is just crazy to drive that far for a district game. I have never felt bad for Brownwood, but i do a little now.:doh:

Looking4number8
06-02-2010, 07:22 AM
That is just crazy to drive that far for a district game. I have never felt bad for Brownwood, but i do a little now.:doh:

Its not just Brownwood. Those teams have to visit here also. It is a whole district thing... I am sure we are not the only district

PHOP
06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Well, this has been an interesting thread and I find myself in an odd position, that of defending Celina. Is Celina Bobcat football overwhelming to most people, yes. Are supporters of Bobcat football proud and occasionally over zealous, yes. I am here to tell you that no one makes visitors feel appreciated more than the men and women of Celina. They greet every visitor with a smile and are always helpful with parking, seating, concessions, restrooms, etc. I am sure there are some idiots in the crowd that occasionally stand out but my experiences have been good. The players, although very proud to be Bobcats, are "yes sir, no sir" kids. My oldest son graduated in '07 and my youngest will in '12 and they both like the kids from Celina and never had a problem with them. They are disciplined and respectful.

This is a very good post and I happen to agree with you except I can’t defend either side based on the posters in this string. Reading this string does not shed a good light on either town ---- posters on both sides of the fence are over the top and do not represent these two very fine communities.

I happen to know several families, administrators and faculty - both CelinaISD and PISD. Most are some very fine folks and worthy of praise and edification rather than this destructive talk. In my not so humble opinion both Celina and Prosper are excellent communities to raise families – both areas respect and treat visitors with kindness and respect. Both have fine education systems that are teaching our young to love God and to respecting their fellow man. Sad to say there are exceptions-looks like most are in this media room.

orange machine
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
This is a very good post and I happen to agree with you except I can’t defend either side based on the posters in this string. Reading this string does not shed a good light on either town ---- posters on both sides of the fence are over the top and do not represent these two very fine communities.

I happen to know several families, administrators and faculty - both CelinaISD and PISD. Most are some very fine folks and worthy of praise and edification rather than this destructive talk. In my not so humble opinion both Celina and Prosper are excellent communities to raise families – both areas respect and treat visitors with kindness and respect. Both have fine education systems that are teaching our young to love God and to respecting their fellow man. Sad to say there are exceptions-looks like most are in
this media room.

not I need to defend myself but for the record I didn't say anything about the town of Prosper I mentioned what an arrogant player and coach did.

bowleghorses
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
My brother coaches at prosper and my nephew was the starting quarterback and they really enjoyed beating celina the last couple of years but they also respect celina and know that to be the best you have to beat the best. I think this was a big deal for prosper to win two years in a row and they were really excited and maybe let their emotions get the best of them but I don't think it reflects on the town.

orange machine
06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
My brother coaches at prosper and my nephew was the starting quarterback and they really enjoyed beating celina the last couple of years but they also respect celina and know that to be the best you have to beat the best. I think this was a big deal for prosper to win two years in a row and they were really excited and maybe let their emotions get the best of them but I don't think it reflects on the town.

I dont think the town is bad I have family that lives in Prosper, but I do believe the coach is arrogant and the player that lifted the finger on the Celina logo last year to the Celina fans and players. I can se being excited about beating a team you havent beaten in 20+ years, but to act like that player and then say the things that the Prosper head coach said to the newspaper and on his web site is just immature on the coaches part.

garciap77
06-03-2010, 07:21 AM
I dont think the town is bad I have family that lives in Prosper, but I do believe the coach is arrogant and the player that lifted the finger on the Celina logo last year to the Celina fans and players. I can se being excited about beating a team you havent beaten in 20+ years, but to act like that player and then say the things that the Prosper head coach said to the newspaper and on his web site is just immature on the coaches part.

:thinking:

The player that lifted the finger.

I :thinking: if he was the sameone that lifted the finger back in 2008.

:mad:

waterboy
06-03-2010, 07:35 AM
There was a Daingerfield player that did that in '02 to the Gilmer fans in a bi-district playoff game. Gilmer definitely got revenge the next year in bi-district by beating them 43-0, holding the Tigers to 1 first down in the first half (4 total for the game), and less than 60 total yards for the game......about 30 of those yards coming on one play in the 4th quarter.....TOTAL domination. A couple of years after that whooping Daingerfield had a coaching change and now they are very respectful and that type of behavior is not tolerated. It was an EXTREMELY gratifying win to say the least.....:clap:

44INAROW
06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by hoosier44

Gotta love the SHARK mentality .

How many Cuero sporting events have you been too in the last 5 years?

nobogey72
06-03-2010, 08:43 AM

On the bright side for Brownwood, they only have to drive 70 miles to get their ass kicked by Wylie (in every sport), Tues.-Fri. What's good about it for them is that it's not that long of a bus trip home after the above-mentioned ass whoopin. Now, driving 4 hrs after getting their asses kicked by Celina now that would be bad.

Old&Crusty
06-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by PHOP

I happen to know several families, administrators and faculty - both CelinaISD and PISD. Most are some very fine folks and worthy of praise and edification rather than this destructive talk. In my not so humble opinion both Celina and Prosper are excellent communities to raise families – both areas respect and treat visitors with kindness and respect. Both have fine education systems that are teaching our young to love God and to respecting their fellow man. Sad to say there are exceptions-looks like most are in this media room.

For myself, my kids, grandkids, and probably other Bobcat fans, we just don't know Prosper anymore. We don't recognise many of their kids, fans, houses, or stores. Celina has lost games to several teams these last few years, but losing to Prosper, at least to me, was like losing to a yankee (sorry yankees). Many of their fans and players have little history in our district/area. Maybe that's why some of us might describe them incorrectly as "arrogant". Many of the old timers in Prosper feel this way too. We just need more time to get used to the new Prosper.

bowleghorses
06-03-2010, 09:27 AM
My nephew started kindergarden in Prosper and graduated last week and I hear him talk about some of the Celina players as friends. But I must admit he throws a little smash mouth jab every once in a while.:D

bowleghorses
06-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
There was a Daingerfield player that did that in '02 to the Gilmer fans in a bi-district playoff game. Gilmer definitely got revenge the next year in bi-district by beating them 43-0, holding the Tigers to 1 first down in the first half (4 total for the game), and less than 60 total yards for the game......about 30 of those yards coming on one play in the 4th quarter.....TOTAL domination. A couple of years after that whooping Daingerfield had a coaching change and now they are very respectful and that type of behavior is not tolerated. It was an EXTREMELY gratifying win to say the least.....:clap:

You never know where one's actions might take them.:evilgrin:

ccmom
06-03-2010, 10:27 AM

:mad: I was wondering the same thing, garcia. Maybe his finger is locked in that position....poor fella.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
On the bright side for Brownwood, they only have to drive 70 miles to get their ass kicked by Wylie (in every sport), Tues.-Fri. What's good about it for them is that it's not that long of a bus trip home after the above-mentioned ass whoopin. Now, driving 4 hrs after getting their asses kicked by Celina now that would be bad. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:doh:

LE Dad
06-03-2010, 11:48 AM

:mad: Which finger:confused: :confused:

garciap77
06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Which finger:confused: :confused:

Check your PM!:D

;)

LE Dad
06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Check your PM!:D

;) Ohhhhh!:doh:

I can just "picture" it .lol:D

garciap77
06-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Ohhhhh!:doh:

I can just "picture" it .lol:D

It happened! But, that was just one kid! The rest of the Prosper team showed good sportsmanship.

ronwx5x
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
It happened! But, that was just one kid! The rest of the Prosper team showed good sportsmanship.

And you know this how?

It would appear that Prosper was rejoicing in a victory over a heated rival, and deservedly so. To bear beat-downs for so long, them beat-down a rival has to feel good. They are high school kids after all! :confused:

LE Dad
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM
It happened! But, that was just one kid! The rest of the Prosper team showed good sportsmanship. Well hopefully after 2 years in a row it is over.:doh: Unless he has a little bro carrying on a family tradition.:thinking:

garciap77
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Well hopefully after 2 years in a row it is over.:doh: Unless he has a little bro carrying on a family tradition.:thinking:

:D

peagle
07-10-2010, 11:51 PM
So, by saying Celina is more arrogant, you mean we:

1. Have poured cokes on high school football players and stormed the field after beating them

2. Beaten a team 2 yearsin a row after being pounded for 25 years straight and said they will never beat us again

3. Have had high school kids and fans cuss out 6th grade kids from a rival school at a girls JV basketball game about beating them in football the previous year

4. Called a team scared to play us after having it come out that we were not in the same district despite being 6 miles apart, and then having a newspaper article published criticizing them for it. Then we want them to drop their biggest rival from the past 40 years to play a team that has beaten them only twice since 1984.

If we are calling out bad behavior then Celina taking down spirit ribbons all over Prosper and even on personal property across from the school doesn't win you points.

Not only did that happen but Mom's were yelled out on Preston road while hanging spirit ribbons.

The Prosper players and the Celina Players from 2008 were extremely supportive of each other. Maybe the arrogance is coming from fans and kids that aren't even on the field. I give the players on both team the credit they deserve for sportsman like behavior on and off the field.

Yahoos like you is another story....

I am not saying that every program doesn't have yahoos that act like idiots.
Prosper for 25 years were graceful losers. I can say that Celina likes it when they are winning. It will be interesting to see how they are recieved in there new district.

rockdale80
07-11-2010, 01:01 AM

Where do you work? I work default as well.

Aesculus gilmus
07-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by peagle
The Prosper players and the Celina Players from 2008 were extremely supportive of each other. Maybe the arrogance is coming from fans and kids that aren't even on the field. I give the players on both team the credit they deserve for sportsman like behavior on and off the field.

I think it is likely to be as true today as it was in my youth in the 1970s that, overall, the adults with no life take high school football FAR MORE SERIOUSLY than the adolescents who are actually involved in the game. The youngsters ACTUALLY DO HAVE active lives aside from playing sports.

I used to marvel at how upset many adults used to be about high school football. The more upset they got, the more I knew they basically had no life.