PDA

View Full Version : weight gain advise

Bone Pile
05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Any good ideas about putting on weight techniques besides all the roids and shakes? Strong as an ox but needs 10-20 lbs by start of 2 a days.
Thanks
BP

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Pizza,pasta, ice cream and beer...and lots of it.

greenhornet
05-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Peanut butter and add slim fast as between meal snacks while maintaining current diet.

Emerson1
05-25-2010, 10:56 AM
eat 2 pb&j sandwiches right before bed

Gsquared
Tell him to get married before two a days. That'll do it

DDBooger
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Any good ideas about putting on weight techniques besides all the roids and shakes? Strong as an ox but needs 10-20 lbs by start of 2 a days.
Thanks
BP What an awesome problem

maroogreen
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Most of the kids I've known that had to add weight for college programs did peanut butter sandwiches and whole milk mixed with protein powder in between regular meals.

Old Tiger
05-25-2010, 01:23 PM
peanut butter and honey sandwich and tall glass of milk every night before you go to sleep.

BILLYFRED0000
05-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks
BP

The trick is to stay with good calories. A lot of foods are caloric but quickly worked off. Eat proteins a lot of them. Beans, Broccolli, Peanut butter and drink whole milk and protein bars instead of candy bars for snacks. The occasional pizza won't hurt but there is more starch in that and protein intake gets you more long term gains.

Matthew328
05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

LOL!

crzyjournalist03
05-25-2010, 02:55 PM
If it's just the pounds you're trying to gain, just consume as many calories as possible. Several restaurants have menu items exceeding 2,000 calories each.

If it's muscle you're trying to add, well, I'm not much help there.

bobcat4life
05-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I have a good friend who's step-dad was a minor league baseball player who gave me some good tips-

Eat twice as many grams of protein as pounds you weight. If you weight 150, eat 300 grams of protein daily, if 170 lbs, eat 340 grams of protein, etc. This works because Ive gained 8 pounds in the past 4 weeks since I started this.

Also, eat AT LEAST 10,000 calories daily. It seems like alot, but when you start eating it becomes worth it.

And you cant forget a ton of milk to top it all off with protein shakes.

Y'all got me hungry now

garciap77
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Pizza,pasta, ice cream and beer...and lots of it.

BEER :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks
BP

To put on that kind of weight before the start of two a days and have it be good, quality mass is going to be really difficult to do, and highly unlikely that it will happen. But your son needs to change up his workout routine. Heavier weight and lower reps, and do it twice a day. You will build more muscle mass when you stack the weight on. Also, he needs to eat directly after every workout. Intake as many carbs as he can and stay away from the sugars and bad stuff, i.e. sodas and candy. If he is working out consistently he will need to fuel his body adequately in order to feed his muscles and get the maximum benefit. He would do good to gain 8 pounds of positive mass before the start of two a days considering the time frame. He needs to keep in mind with an increase in mass, he needs to stretch a lot to maintain flexibility, otherwise he will get bulky and won't be able to move fluidly. Also, he needs to sleep 8-10 hours a day for optimal muscle recovery. Hope some of this helps.

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
To put on that kind of weight before the start of two a days and have it be good, quality mass is going to be really difficult to do, and highly unlikely that it will happen. But your son needs to change up his workout routine. Heavier weight and lower reps, and do it twice a day. You will build more muscle mass when you stack the weight on. Also, he needs to eat directly after every workout. Intake as many carbs as he can and stay away from the sugars and bad stuff, i.e. sodas and candy. If he is working out consistently he will need to fuel his body adequately in order to feed his muscles and get the maximum benefit. He would do good to gain 8 pounds of positive mass before the start of two a days considering the time frame. He needs to keep in mind with an increase in mass, he needs to stretch a lot to maintain flexibility, otherwise he will get bulky and won't be able to move fluidly. Also, he needs to sleep 8-10 hours a day for optimal muscle recovery. Hope some of this helps. I actually think we agree on something.:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I actually think we agree on something.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think he left the BEER out!:D

LE Dad
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
I think he left the BEER out!:D It was there under the intake lots of carbs part.:D

Carbs=Beer... and lots of it:p

injuredinmelee
05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
did anyone suggest Golden Corral yet?

BILLYFRED0000
05-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I also suggest see food. Any food you see you eat.