PDA

View Full Version : Chris Parr arrested again

Coach BS
05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
arrested monday for burglery of a habitation.

Phil C
05-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
arrested monday for burglery of a habitation.

:(

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 09:32 AM
I probably should Google this, but who is Chris Parr?

bowleghorses
05-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Wasn't he the Waco Lavega running back?

95mustang
05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
WOW, maybe he needs to stay incarcerated for awhile.

coachc45
05-25-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/Ex-La-Vega-football-star-Chris-Parr-pleads-guilty-to-burglary.html

He wasn't arrested again.... just plead guilty to the arrest in december 2008.

Maroon87
05-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I was here....just in case.

44INAROW
05-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I was here....just in case.
you don't know how hard it is for me to not speak my opinion on this subject :doh: :doh:
oh yea, I was here, just in case :p

95mustang
05-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you don't know how hard it is for me to not speak my opinion on this subject :doh: :doh:

I can understand and I agree.

lostaussie
05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
:wave:

GreenMonster
05-25-2010, 12:25 PM
"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump

ronwx5x
05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Sad to see a young man with his potential and future just throw it all away. I know I don't know his whole story, but I know from the media he has had numerous encounters with the law.

No one is beyond saving, so maybe he can can get back on track if he has help. He has to make that decision himself, however.

Green Bling
05-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Shouldn't even be here on this one!! Nuff said!!

Old Tiger
05-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Sad to see a young man with his potential and future just throw it all away. I know I don't know his whole story, but I know from the media he has had numerous encounters with the law.

No one is beyond saving, so maybe he can can get back on track if he has help. He has to make that decision himself, however. It was thrown away when he was still a junior in HS.

Ranger Mom
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM

I think you should say whatever you want to say.

We couldn't talk about him when he was in high school....but he isn't in high school anymore, is he??

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, at least he got to play football! :rolleyes:

rancher
05-25-2010, 05:40 PM
He better hope that he does not run into someone like Joe Horn or someone that carries a gun, he is on track to be 6 foot under by 30 years of age.

44INAROW
05-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think you should say whatever you want to say.

We couldn't talk about him when he was in high school....but he isn't in high school anymore, is he??
I had a long reply and "lost it' . here goes again - there is no way he should have been on the football field that night against the Cuero Gobblers. (2 or 3 days after the prosecutor dropped the charges for assault with a deadly weapon because the accused's convicted felon brother gave him an alib)i.. give me a break.... No way on God's green earth. His freedom was short-lived - he was arrested 10 days later for yet another breaking and entering, theft type charge - the very one he just plead guilty too. He felt he was untouchable and why not - his coach and the wonderful administration at La Vega HS basically told him so. Poor, Poor, underpriviledged young man my A$$.. he might come from a broken home and a dad in jail but he was given numerous chances and he chose to throw it away. He could have gone to college on a free ride yet he chose to steal, rob and assault his way out of that opportunity. He would have NEVER set foot on the field if he played football (or any sport) in Cuero - NEVER - not because he made a mistake (his coaches words not mine) but because he hadn't been to regular classes and was in ISS -and had not been practicing all along with his team. In Cuero (and most respected programs I assume) if a player is disciplined for any reason - they must suffer the consequences and one of those consequences is sitting out for a stated amount of time. I've witnessed "key players" sit out for skipping practice 1 time - they missed a district game. 5 of the 6 were starters. It was Coach Reeve's rule - rules are made for a reason, and if you have to lose a game to enforce them - so be it. Fire away - I don't care - this has bugged me for 1 1/2 years - it was wrong, wrong, wrong...

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I had a long reply and "lost it' . here goes again - there is no way he should have been on the football field that night against the Cuero Gobblers. (2 or 3 days after the prosecutor dropped the charges for assault with a deadly weapon because the accused's convicted felon brother gave him an alibi.. give me a break.... No way on God's green earth. His freedom was short-lived - he was arrested 10 days later for yet another breaking and entering, theft type charge - the very one he just plead guilty too. He felt he was untouchable and why not - his coach and the wonderful administration at La Vega HS basically told him so. Poor, Poor, underpriviledged young man my A$$.. he might come from a broken home and a dad in jail but he was given numerous chances and he chose to throw it away. He could have gone to college on a free ride yet he chose to steal, rob and assault his way out of that opportunity. He would have NEVER set foot on the field if he played football (or any sport) in Cuero - NEVER - not because he made a mistake (his coaches words not mine) but because he hadn't been to regular classes and was in ISS -and had not been practicing all along with his team. In Cuero (and most respected programs I assume) if a player is disciplined for any reason - they must suffer the consequences and one of those consequences is sitting out for a stated amount of time. I've witnessed "key players" sit out for skipping practice 1 time - they missed a district game. 5 of the 6 were starters. It was Coach Reeve's rule - rules are made for a reason, and if you have to lose a game to enforce them - so be it. Fire away - I don't care - this has bugged me for 1 1/2 years - it was wrong, wrong, wrong...
:clap: :clap: :clap: AMEN!!!!!

44INAROW
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:clap: :clap: :clap: AMEN!!!!!

that was edited lol..someone here at the house told me to "cut it down some" :D

12thMan
05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I agree with 44, but I won't be as long. LOL. Because of his talent, people gave him a free ride through Jr. High and High School just so Chris could play sports. If the admin., and the HC in Waco cared a bit about Chris any, they would of punished him the right way. Thats what I loved about Coach Reeve, he loved the kids, but that doesn't mean he didn't discipline the kids.

This is not about winning or loosing a football game, it's about Waco LV's HC and admin in charge doing the right thing. THEY FAILED THIS KID.

That coach was selfish! He wanted a state title at all cost. This coach showed he didn't care about Chris's well being, all he cared about was the title.

IHStangFan
05-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I had a long reply and "lost it' . here goes again - there is no way he should have been on the football field that night against the Cuero Gobblers. (2 or 3 days after the prosecutor dropped the charges for assault with a deadly weapon because the accused's convicted felon brother gave him an alibi).. give me a break.... No way on God's green earth. His freedom was short-lived - he was arrested 10 days later for yet another breaking and entering, theft type charge - the very one he just plead guilty too. He felt he was untouchable and why not - his coach and the wonderful administration at La Vega HS basically told him so. Poor, Poor, underpriviledged young man my A$$.. he might come from a broken home and a dad in jail but he was given numerous chances and he chose to throw it away. He could have gone to college on a free ride yet he chose to steal, rob and assault his way out of that opportunity. He would have NEVER set foot on the field if he played football (or any sport) in Cuero - NEVER - not because he made a mistake (his coaches words not mine) but because he hadn't been to regular classes and was in ISS -and had not been practicing all along with his team. In Cuero (and most respected programs I assume) if a player is disciplined for any reason - they must suffer the consequences and one of those consequences is sitting out for a stated amount of time. I've witnessed "key players" sit out for skipping practice 1 time - they missed a district game. 5 of the 6 were starters. It was Coach Reeve's rule - rules are made for a reason, and if you have to lose a game to enforce them - so be it. Fire away - I don't care - this has bugged me for 1 1/2 years - it was wrong, wrong, wrong... AMEN...CAN I GET A WITNESS!!!? Preach it sista!

Ranger Mom
05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I had a long reply and "lost it' . here goes again - there is no way he should have been on the football field that night against the Cuero Gobblers. (2 or 3 days after the prosecutor dropped the charges for assault with a deadly weapon because the accused's convicted felon brother gave him an alib)i.. give me a break.... No way on God's green earth. His freedom was short-lived - he was arrested 10 days later for yet another breaking and entering, theft type charge - the very one he just plead guilty too. He felt he was untouchable and why not - his coach and the wonderful administration at La Vega HS basically told him so. Poor, Poor, underpriviledged young man my A$$.. he might come from a broken home and a dad in jail but he was given numerous chances and he chose to throw it away. He could have gone to college on a free ride yet he chose to steal, rob and assault his way out of that opportunity. He would have NEVER set foot on the field if he played football (or any sport) in Cuero - NEVER - not because he made a mistake (his coaches words not mine) but because he hadn't been to regular classes and was in ISS -and had not been practicing all along with his team. In Cuero (and most respected programs I assume) if a player is disciplined for any reason - they must suffer the consequences and one of those consequences is sitting out for a stated amount of time. I've witnessed "key players" sit out for skipping practice 1 time - they missed a district game. 5 of the 6 were starters. It was Coach Reeve's rule - rules are made for a reason, and if you have to lose a game to enforce them - so be it. Fire away - I don't care - this has bugged me for 1 1/2 years - it was wrong, wrong, wrong...

Beautifully done!!!!:clap:

Now aren't you glad you got that off your chest???:D

navscanmaster
05-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Yeah, Navasota fans were saying the same thing before and after that 2008 QF game at Round Rock. That game went to OT and ended with him scoring after they intercepted a potential TD pass on the Rattler possession. I think he ran for 212 or something like that against us. Sour grapes? Yep. It is what it is.:mad:

Rabid Cougar
05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
It is funny.. Cuero and Navasota had to play him one time and think they ahve been royaly screwed.. Try being in the same district with him. Several of us here in the former District 17 tried to point out everything that has just been said but we had to be "PC" about it and sometimes chastised for bringing a "poor, underprivileged child" into the conversation. He is a thug and has been since he was in Junior High.

Sometimes it is just better to call a rose a rose.

44INAROW
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
It is funny.. Cuero and Navasota had to play him one time and think they ahve been royaly screwed.. Try being in the same district with him. Several of us here in the former District 17 tried to point out everything that has just been said but we had to be "PC" about it and sometimes chastised for bringing a "poor, underprivileged child" into the conversation. He is a thug and has been since he was in Junior High.

Sometimes it is just better to call a rose a rose.

hang on there - I never said Cuero got screwed (please show me where I even mentioned we got ROYALLY SCREWED) don't read into something that isn't there- - I said it was WRONG that he did play - that is my way of calling a ROSE A ROSE :cool:

watz4dinner
05-26-2010, 08:40 AM
rabid.....we still beat LV with Parr. I think Parr will have nightmares in prison from the hit that 55 put on him!!!!

44INAROW
05-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by watz4dinner
rabid.....we still beat LV with Parr. I think Parr will have nightmares in prison from the hit that 55 put on him!!!!

is he going to prison or is it all deferred adjudication? I had a hard time figuring that part out.

GreenMonster
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
I understand the gripes, but I also understand that sometimes as a coach you do what is best for the kid. If they determined that athletics was the one way that they could keep this one kid off the streets and out of trouble for the most part then I cannot argue with what they did. Now, that having been said, I do not in any way shape or form understand playing a kid that has charges pending against him. He should have been sat out until those charges were cleared up. I also do not understand why he was allowed to play while in ISS. I can understand using athletics, or more specifically football as leaverage to keep a kid out of trouble, but once that kid is in trouble you have to use your leaverage against him to prove that you will actually follow through on your word. Just my $0.02, but it's hard to criticize until I've had to walk in those shoes. It's tough trying to balance A. What's best for the team, B. What's best for the kid, and C. What's just plain ol' right.

Emerson1
05-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Who cares? Might as well talk about Lindsey Lohan

GreenMonster
05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Who cares? Might as well talk about Lindsey Lohan She's unathletic, pasty, and just plain old ugly IMO. :1offtopc:

Buckeye1980
05-26-2010, 11:49 AM
is he going to prison or is it all deferred adjudication? I had a hard time figuring that part out.

As a probation officer , according to the story in paper that was posted. I understand the plea agreement is for 5 year deferred probation ( no finding of guilt if he succesfully completes probation) In an application for probation , the defendant is required to complete a pre-sentencing investigation . The judge will look over the the PSI and determine whether or not to accept the plea agreement . So in effect , the judge has accpeted the plea and will determine whether to accept the plea agreement . If the judge doe not accept the plea agreement , than the case goes back square one and the plea of guilty can be taken back and the case could possibly go to trial as if no plea ever occured.

That is what I could read from the newspaper story, could be slight differences from county to county. Five years probation on a first time adult offender for BOH is the norm, but it is the judges call on whether to accept the agreement

rojosgirl
05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I believe in giving people a second chance, but Parr has blown several IMO. I'm reminded of those famous words . . . you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! What a THUG!

Rabid Cougar
05-26-2010, 04:19 PM
hang on there - I never said Cuero got screwed (please show me where I even mentioned we got ROYALLY SCREWED) don't read into something that isn't there- - I said it was WRONG that he did play - that is my way of calling a ROSE A ROSE :cool:

Well do you think the outcome would have been different if he didn't play? I saw the Navasota game.... he made quite a difference. To be fair, the LV QB was the driving force behind those LV teams. He almost pulled it out against Prosper even without Parr.

Speaking of hits...Prosper hit Parr hard and he quit after that one too.

1st and goal
05-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Great post 44!

Giddings has lost games or suffered from sidelined players being disciplined.

lostaussie
05-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I had a long reply and "lost it' . here goes again - there is no way he should have been on the football field that night against the Cuero Gobblers. (2 or 3 days after the prosecutor dropped the charges for assault with a deadly weapon because the accused's convicted felon brother gave him an alib)i.. give me a break.... No way on God's green earth. His freedom was short-lived - he was arrested 10 days later for yet another breaking and entering, theft type charge - the very one he just plead guilty too. He felt he was untouchable and why not - his coach and the wonderful administration at La Vega HS basically told him so. Poor, Poor, underpriviledged young man my A$$.. he might come from a broken home and a dad in jail but he was given numerous chances and he chose to throw it away. He could have gone to college on a free ride yet he chose to steal, rob and assault his way out of that opportunity. He would have NEVER set foot on the field if he played football (or any sport) in Cuero - NEVER - not because he made a mistake (his coaches words not mine) but because he hadn't been to regular classes and was in ISS -and had not been practicing all along with his team. In Cuero (and most respected programs I assume) if a player is disciplined for any reason - they must suffer the consequences and one of those consequences is sitting out for a stated amount of time. I've witnessed "key players" sit out for skipping practice 1 time - they missed a district game. 5 of the 6 were starters. It was Coach Reeve's rule - rules are made for a reason, and if you have to lose a game to enforce them - so be it. Fire away - I don't care - this has bugged me for 1 1/2 years - it was wrong, wrong, wrong... Let it bug you no more:D You are as right as right can be. The part that caught my attention was th "respectable program". You hit the nail on the head!!!

Buckeye80
06-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
No one is beyond saving,

Wrong!! Some people are beyond saving and don't deserve any more effort put forth to save them.

bowleghorses
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Look at his my space and tell me if he needs to be saved...Again.:doh: