PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had their car broken into?

BaseballUmp
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I did last night. Pretty ticked off about it too. Broken window stolen cd player amp and watch. But the idiots did leave a nice blood sample on the door. Boy am I mad tho

Spread It Out
05-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Were you in College Station or San Marcos?

Old Tiger
05-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I did last night. Pretty ticked off about it too. Broken window stolen cd player amp and watch. But the idiots did leave a nice blood sample on the door. Boy am I mad tho obviously whoever did it was not a pro. Most people who break into cars a lot don't need to even break the window.

greenhornet
Twice in about the past 18 months, the first time the cops offered to take a report over the phone????

Didn't even bother the second time, not enough to report to insurance.

Farmersfan
I lived in Colorado Springs in 1989 and bought a brand new Suzuki Samari for tooling around in the mountains. I had it about 2 months and woke one morning to find it stripped down to bear everything. No tires/wheels! No top! No stereo! No seat covers! They even removed the fender flares and plastic covers on the bumpers. Anything that would come off-came off! Great thing about it was the insurance totaled the brand new vehicle. It only cost 9K brand new........................ Boy I wish I still had it!

BaseballUmp
05-24-2010, 02:03 PM
I was in college station. Yea they were like you just wanna do it over the phone? I said uh no there's blood here. Took an hour for a cop to come. And insurance isn't going to do a thing. I'm thinking about a thousand dollar loss :(

LE Dad
05-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes long ago, and basically same story. Broken window and they took my amp and stereo. Found out years later who did it and he was already in jail for... you guessed it breaking and entering. Cops were ZERO help.

Trashman
05-24-2010, 02:17 PM
When I was in college my car was ransacked by a guy on PCP. The ex conveniently forgot to lock the car. I heard a noise looked out the window and there was the biggest naked man I have ever seen in the front seat of my car. After going through the glove box and console he left and we called the cops. The cops and a district judge showed up at our door and we went out looking for the guy. Found him a few hours later hiding in an irrigation canal that ran through the area behind our house. He had escaped from the hospital where they were holding him for transport to a mental institution. No damage was done other than the scattered papers and having the upholstery cleaned.:D

44INAROW
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I was in college station. Yea they were like you just wanna do it over the phone? I said uh no there's blood here. Took an hour for a cop to come. And insurance isn't going to do a thing. I'm thinking about a thousand dollar loss :(
why isn't insurance going to "do a thing"?

Spread It Out
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Where at in College Station? A buddy of mine just got his car broken into 2 weeks or so ago. Guy punched the window out, reached in, and unlocked the door. Took All of his clothes, and other items adding up to about $3,000 worth of stuff. Only thing is, they left the GPS.:thinking:

greenhornet
05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Where at in College Station? A buddy of mine just got his car broken into 2 weeks or so ago. Guy punched the window out, reached in, and unlocked the door. Took All of his clothes, and other items adding up to about $3,000 worth of stuff. Only thing is, they left the GPS.:thinking:

Been hearing about these break ins when they leave the GPS the house is usually next, get locked and loaded and don't have the car out front that they broke into. REVENGE!

95mustang
05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out

Most thieves are leaving GPS units now that they can be tracked by the serial number the minute they are turned on. One of the guys that works for me had his stolen and they were able to track it down by the serial number cause he kept the box. The GPS unit ended up being located outside Corpus 6 days after it was stolen. Garmin helped him more then the police did in this incident.

waterboy
05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
I had my car broken into when I lived in Dallas. They didn't break any glass, but they did take $2,100 worth of stereo equipment. My insurance didn't cover it, either. The Dallas cop who investigated had the nerve to ask me if I wanted them to investigate it. I said, "Of course!" The idiot left fingerprints and palm prints all over my car. Needless to say, they caught the guy a few months later. The thief paid restitution for a while, then I guess he went to prison. It took about three years or more before I recovered all of the restitution money, but the Dallas County restitution fund ended up paying me the balance.

Spread It Out
05-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Haha, we were planning on bringing in a decoy car and having a stakeout!

playnhurt
05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Yep, during coaching school in Houston. I was staying at an upscale hotel where you had to pay an extra $15.00 a night to park in their garage. All they took was my cell phone though. Cops were going to take 2-3 hours to get there, so I left. I think the hotel employees were in on it.

I was PO'ed!

BaseballUmp
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
insurance would not cover it because i only have liability and it wouldnt cover a break in...just replaced my window wasnt nearly as much as i thought only 125