PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Fans are the Greatest!

BuckeyeFan
11-22-2003, 06:35 PM
Went to the Celina game in Richardson last night and I was really impressed with the number of Gilmer fans that showed up. A Richardson policeman was walking up the stands and stopped and asked the guy behind me if there was anyone left in Gilmer! I don't think there was. I expect an even bigger crowd in Tyler next Friday as the Buckeyes play Tatum.

Keep up the support Buckeye fans!!!

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 06:40 PM
BuckeyeFan:
Went to the Celina game in Richardson last night and I was really impressed with the number of Gilmer fans that showed up. A Richardson policeman was walking up the stands and stopped and asked the guy behind me if there was anyone left in Gilmer! I don't think there was. I expect an even bigger crowd in Tyler next Friday as the Buckeyes play Tatum.

Keep up the support Buckeye fans!!!Yeah, we went to eat at the Blackeyed Pea, just west of Coit Rd, and it was nothing but Gilmer fans. It was really amusing because everyone in there was ordering chicken fried steak. One guy wearing Celina gear was going in as we left, and I remarked that I hoped he made it out of there alive.
I was told that Eagle-Mustang Stadium seated 11,000 people, but that was not even a close estimate. I, too, was very proud of our attendance. We travel very, very well, and if I was someone planning on attending next week's game at Rose Stadium in Tyler, I would get there early early....like 5:30 or so.

Rabbit'93
11-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Will it be a Fri or Sat game?

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Rabbit'93:
Will it be a Fri or Sat game?Not sure yet, but it is definitely at Rose. I assume you went to the Forney game, so you know how to get there. Right?

Fletch
11-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Very impressive crowd. How big is Gilmer?

Rabbit'93
11-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Couldn't make it Thurs...was sick. I know where it is though. If its Sat I'm gonna try and make it out there.

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Fletch:
Very impressive crowd. How big is Gilmer?The town pop. is 4799, but we have a pretty big school district because there is nothing else in the county but one 1A school and five 2A schools. Our high school enrollment is somewhere around 680. I forget the exact number.