PDA

View Full Version : Question: If you were paid 32 millions dollars would you go to practice?

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Interesting question, but apparantly not an easy question.

"After the second voluntary minicamp, veteran defensive lineman Phillip Daniels said Albert Haynesworth, who attended neither minicamp, had fallen behind his teammates in learning the Redskins' new 3-4 defensive scheme.

Frustrated about the coaching staff's plan to use him as a nose tackle, Haynesworth has skipped all but one day of Coach Mike Shanahan's first offseason program. The two-time all-pro selection plans to report for the mandatory three-day minicamp beginning June 16, according to people close to Haynesworth, and he will have some catching up to do."

Source (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/haynesworth-will-have-some-cat.html)

Simply Amazing.

Old Tiger
05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think he should of ever gotten that big of a contract in the first place.

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I don't think he should of ever gotten that big of a contract in the first place.

I totally agree with that statement.

kaorder1999
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
my opinion...

if you expect them to show up for these offseason workouts then put it in their contract....

LE Dad
05-24-2010, 11:17 AM
It's a 3-4.... Where else can they put his ginormous arse?? Overpaid and just a bad attitude, I don't think he will be a Redskin for long.

kaorder1999
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
its still simple though..if you want these guys at the workouts then put it in their contract and if you choose to NOT put it in their contract then dont complain when they dont show up!

garciap77
05-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
its still simple though..if you want these guys at the workouts then put it in their contract and if you choose to NOT put it in their contract then dont complain when they dont show up!

:thumbsup:

DDBooger
05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
its still simple though..if you want these guys at the workouts then put it in their contract and if you choose to NOT put it in their contract then dont complain when they dont show up! AS much as I hate to say it, I agree. This is a business, as long as he's living up to his CONTRACTUAL obligations, he's fine.

Old Tiger
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

[i]"After the second voluntary minicamp,

BILLYFRED0000
05-24-2010, 02:05 PM
my opinion...

if you expect them to show up for these offseason workouts then put it in their contract....

I agree with that. Either they are as good as you are paying them or they should not be getting that money. IF they are they must be good enough. Now if it was me and I knew the coach was changing systems and I really wanted to play well I would show. So their attitude leaves little to be desired.

maroogreen
05-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Why are any practice/camps optional to begin with? He's being paid millions to PLAY A GAME and yet he's throwing a little tantrum because he doesn't get to play the position he wants.

I've seen junior high girls pull the same stunt when they don't get their way.

This is why I don't watch pro football anymore. Bunch of spoiled babies.

eagles_victory
05-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen

This is why I don't watch pro football anymore. Bunch of spoiled babies. Logical fallacy used: Hasty generalization. One guy doesn't show up to minicamp and the whole league is full of babies. Are there babies in the NFL sure but that blanket statement is what is wrong with people always want to judge many by the actions of 1.

Farmersfan
05-25-2010, 08:02 AM

The question is, would a big league player ever sign a contract that has these kinds of demands attached to it? In a market where you can go to work for 10 employers for basically the same pay it comes down to details. Besides, what would the contract say? "All players are required to attend all voluntary workouts"??? :D :D

kaorder1999
05-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The question is, would a big league player ever sign a contract that has these kinds of demands attached to it? In a market where you can go to work for 10 employers for basically the same pay it comes down to details. Besides, what would the contract say? "All players are required to attend all voluntary workouts"??? :D :D

take the voluntary word out. And if you cant then you leave it just as that...voluntary and quit crying if they dont show up

maroogreen
05-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Logical fallacy used: Hasty generalization. One guy doesn't show up to minicamp and the whole league is full of babies. Are there babies in the NFL sure but that blanket statement is what is wrong with people always want to judge many by the actions of 1.

My statement used him as an example. My decision not to watch pro football is based on the historic whining and complaining of much more than one individual. Signing a multimillion dollar contract to play in front of millions of viewers makes someone a public figure and therefore opens that person up to scrutiny and judgment by both individuals and the masses.

Call it a logical fallacy if it makes you happy, but opinions are like "other things" that everyone else has, and that's mine. :D

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
He should have gone to practice LOL...He failed his physical.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5420094