Predictions?

sinton66
05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by yoe64
Predictions?

I predict it will happen tonight.:D

sinton66
05-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow! What a powerful ending. Absolutely beautiful!

pirate4state
05-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Agreed! So many people are confused. I kinda feel sorry for them. LOL

sinton66
05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
I have to say, that was about the best ending to any series I've ever seen. Fantastic!

Old Tiger
05-23-2010, 11:25 PM
So I hear no questions were answered and they said by the end you'll have all the answers...

JasperDog94
05-23-2010, 11:40 PM
There were actually several opinions at the party I was at and I'm not sure who was right. Guess I need to go watch Kimmel.

sinton66
05-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
So I hear no questions were answered and they said by the end you'll have all the answers...

Wrong, the whole story made sense in the end.

BullsFan
05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I thought it made absolute sense, and I thought it was beautiful. I do still have a couple of questions, but I'll wait a bit so as not to spoil anyone.

crzyjournalist03
05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I never followed the show, but I caught the final ten minutes last night...wasn't everybody in purgatory?

I thought that the creators said all along that it was NOT purgatory. Didn't make sense to me.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I never followed the show, but I caught the final ten minutes last night...wasn't everybody in purgatory?

I thought that the creators said all along that it was NOT purgatory. Didn't make sense to me.

No, everything that happened on the island happened in real life and was an experience they all had while still alive. But when they died, which was at different times, they all went to an afterlife where time had no existence and they each had to accept individually on their own terms that they were dead. The sideways flashes was the afterlife that they went to when they were all dead, and they all died separately. Sayid died in the submarine, Jack died in the finale in the wounds suffered with his battle with The Man in Black. Locke died when Linus killed him. Jin and Sun in the submarine, etc. But in the afterlife none of them knew they were dead and they were all living in a world where they were all with the people that they loved, and when they came into contact with each other in this afterlife, they realized and accepted they were dead on their own, but not at the same time, individually...some taking longer than others. You don't really ever know how long Hurley or Linus lived, or Kate, Sawyer, Loupitis, Miles, Claire, or Desmond for that matter, because the story never tells you. Hurley and Linus could have lived for THOUSANDS of years, but in the afterlife they were all together, because the concept of time for each person in this afterlife didn't exist....get it? Hahaha I had to watch it twice. I'm still a bit LOST.

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
No, everything that happened on the island happened in real life and was an experience they all had while still alive. But when they died, which was at different times, they all went to an afterlife where time had no existence and they each had to accept individually on their own terms that they were dead. The sideways flashes was the afterlife that they went to when they were all dead, and they all died separately. Sayid died in the submarine, Jack died in the finale in the wounds suffered with his battle with The Man in Black. Locke died when Linus killed him. Jin and Sun in the submarine, etc. But in the afterlife none of them knew they were dead and they were all living in a world where they were all with the people that they loved, and when they came into contact with each other in this afterlife, they realized and accepted they were dead on their own, but not at the same time, individually...some taking longer than others. You don't really ever know how long Hurley or Linus lived, or Kate, Sawyer, Loupitis, Miles, Claire, or Desmond for that matter, because the story never tells you. Hurley and Linus could have lived for THOUSANDS of years, but in the afterlife they were all together, because the concept of time for each person in this afterlife didn't exist....get it? Hahaha I had to watch it twice. I'm still a bit LOST. And you had to talk to me :p :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
And you had to talk to me :p :D

You didn't answer my most lingering questions though!

JasperDog94
05-24-2010, 10:48 AM
No, everything that happened on the island happened in real life and was an experience they all had while still alive. But when they died, which was at different times, they all went to an afterlife where time had no existence and they each had to accept individually on their own terms that they were dead. The sideways flashes was the afterlife that they went to when they were all dead, and they all died separately. Sayid died in the submarine, Jack died in the finale in the wounds suffered with his battle with The Man in Black. Locke died when Linus killed him. Jin and Sun in the submarine, etc. But in the afterlife none of them knew they were dead and they were all living in a world where they were all with the people that they loved, and when they came into contact with each other in this afterlife, they realized and accepted they were dead on their own, but not at the same time, individually...some taking longer than others. You don't really ever know how long Hurley or Linus lived, or Kate, Sawyer, Loupitis, Miles, Claire, or Desmond for that matter, because the story never tells you. Hurley and Linus could have lived for THOUSANDS of years, but in the afterlife they were all together, because the concept of time for each person in this afterlife didn't exist....get it? Hahaha I had to watch it twice. I'm still a bit LOST. That's actually a pretty good explanation. My only question is what was up with showing the plane at the end with nobody around it? I thought that meant that none of it really happened. But then that doesn't explain the flash sideways.:confused:

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
You didn't answer my most lingering questions though! No one has all the answers! Not even me :p :D

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's actually a pretty good explanation. My only question is what was up with showing the plane at the end with nobody around it? I thought that meant that none of it really happened. But then that doesn't explain the flash sideways.:confused: Which plane did you think it was?

JasperDog94
05-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Which plane did you think it was? I thought it was the original Oceanic 815 and that there were no survivors. I thought that everything that happened to them was some sort of purgatory where they had to find some kind of resolution in order to pass on to the next life/heaven or whatever you want to call it.

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I thought it was the original Oceanic 815 and that there were no survivors. I thought that everything that happened to them was some sort of purgatory where they had to find some kind of resolution in order to pass on to the next life/heaven or whatever you want to call it. Nah, I believe that was the plane Loupitis, Miles, Claire, Richard, Kate & Sawyer were on. Jack completed his mission so when he "let go" he was out of the cave and free to move on.

JasperDog94
05-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Nah, I believe that was the plane Loupitis, Miles, Claire, Richard, Kate & Sawyer were on. Jack completed his mission so when he "let go" he was out of the cave and free to move on. But there was no indication that their plane crashed. As a matter of fact Jack saw their plane flying away.

BullsFan
05-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't think the shots of the plane at the end had any significance to the mythology of the show. The plane parts were old and rusty, so clearly they'd been there a while. But there was a pile of clothes there just like the ones the survivors made when they first got out of the wreckage and were salvaging stuff. IMO the island was a character on the show, not just a set. It wasn't exactly sentient, but it wasn't a hunk of real estate either. It had presence. All the other main characters were in the montage at the church at the end. Those last few shots were just the island's part of the montage, plus a final goodbye and real closure for the viewers.

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 11:49 AM
But there was no indication that their plane crashed. As a matter of fact Jack saw their plane flying away. Who said it had to? As far as I'm concerned they made it home and lived their lives, died and when Jack was finally ready to move on all came back to greet him.

Think about it. Out of them all Jack WOULD take the longest to let go.

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I don't think the shots of the plane at the end had any significance to the mythology of the show. The plane parts were old and rusty, so clearly they'd been there a while. But there was a pile of clothes there just like the ones the survivors made when they first got out of the wreckage and were salvaging stuff. IMO the island was a character on the show, not just a set. It wasn't exactly sentient, but it wasn't a hunk of real estate either. It had presence. All the other main characters were in the montage at the church at the end. Those last few shots were just the island's part of the montage, plus a final goodbye and real closure for the viewers. Exactly. :)

Buccaneer
05-24-2010, 12:33 PM
There were actually several opinions at the party I was at and I'm not sure who was right. Guess I need to go watch Kimmel.

The alternate endings consisted of:

1. One starring Jeff Probst telling Sayid he has been voted off the island. Sayid does not take it well!

2. Hurley, Jack, and Claire meeting in a diner while Jin parallel parked the Dharma van. Richard was at the counter. Hurley announced he had figured out the secret of the Island when it abruptly ended, ala The Sopranos.

3. The third had Bob Newhart waking up in bed telling Emily about his dream. But when" Emily" appeared it was Kate telling about her strange dream about an island.

pancho villa
05-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Ben could not go in the church cause he was headed to Hell.

lakers
05-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Ben could not go in the church cause he was headed to Hell.

Ben didn't enter the church because he still had things from life which he needed to resolve (he wasn't ready to accept his death). Such as making amends with Alex and her mother. Which plays back to an earlier episode where he had the chance to "sacrifice" Alex to get the job and power he wanted, but made the decision to protect her future versus advancing his goals.