PDA

View Full Version : Why was "The Sneeze" Thread Removed?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-22-2010, 05:41 PM
It lasted for ten pages with an administrator posting on it. Where did it go and why was it removed? Just curious if someone took things a little too far?

zebrablue2
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It lasted for ten pages with an administrator posting on it. Where did it go and why was it removed? Just curious if someone took things a little too far?

Moved to the DMF!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
After 10 pages? I guess the administrators didn't like what I had to say too much. Maybe I should cancel that check I sent earlier this week. That's pretty chicken. Actually, that's very chicken. What a lame excuse and a way to prevent one person from posting on a thread.

sinton66
05-22-2010, 06:51 PM
After 10 pages? I guess the administrators didn't like what I had to say too much. Maybe I should cancel that check I sent earlier this week. That's pretty chicken. Actually, that's very chicken. What a lame excuse and a way to prevent one person from posting on a thread.

Sure sounds like an accusation. This administrator didn't move it. I don't know who did. I assume since you said you were going to donate, someone didn't think it would matter if the thread got moved to the forum it belongs in. If you feel like you need to cancel your donation, that's your call. Frankly, I'm getting VERY tired of your assumptions.

TheDOCTORdre
05-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I wish I had enough money to donate so i could go to the DMF...does anyone want to donate on my behalf:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sure sounds like an accusation. This administrator didn't move it. I don't know who did. I assume since you said you were going to donate, someone didn't think it would matter if the thread got moved to the forum it belongs in. If you feel like you need to cancel your donation, that's your call. Frankly, I'm getting VERY tired of your assumptions.

Well then maybe you can answer honestly when I ask what ground the thread was moved? It's in the non-sports forum as it is, had over 1000 views and 10 pages of replies. Just wondering what the justification and reasoning was?

sinton66
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Well then maybe you can answer honestly when I ask what ground the thread was moved? It's in the non-sports forum as it is, had over 1000 views and 10 pages of replies. Just wondering what the justification and reasoning was?

Again,
This administrator didn't move it. I don't know who did. Therefore I can only guess what their reason was. This was my guess:
I assume since you said you were going to donate, someone didn't think it would matter if the thread got moved to the forum it belongs in.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Again, Therefore I can only guess what their reason was. This was my guess:

Well Monday afternoon I dropped it in the mail.

sinton66
05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
If you want it cancelled, I'll have to make a call to the webmaster.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-22-2010, 08:41 PM
If you want it cancelled, I'll have to make a call to the webmaster.

Nah, I just think it was a little bit ridiculous for the thread to be moved. There seems to be no justifiable reason for it.

bobcat4life
05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I wish I had enough money to donate so i could go to the DMF...does anyone want to donate on my behalf:D same here. does anybody want to help a poor, underprivaliaged white kid become a donating member?

Old Cardinal
05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Since I stared-- The Sneeze--I have a few comments.
First I had no idea it would spark that big a response. It was just an avenue to exchange some ideas; it was not started to be so over-the-top, yet it ignited discussion.

Back in 2001 when this site got rolling......ETBU, Paratrooper, and Old Card would try to prompt discussion with off-beat entries that would spark assorted response...IT WORKED. We attempted to help this site GROW.

This site has benefited once again; to have more discussions and more new members.... because some folks try to prompt discussion.

It's sad that SOMEONE? decides to shut down fairly neutered discussions: when some of us are trying to get 3ADL back up to be a viable board with a lot of entries worth responding to.....

Comments?

Moderators, please decide-- together-- if you want stimulating discussions; or go back to very little discussion? Give us an answer and we will abide by your decision.

sinton66
05-23-2010, 10:36 AM
We feel we must confine them to an area not viewable by the general public. We have established the Donating member's Forum for just such purposes. Whether one agrees with it or not, it is my experience that a lot of people turn away from websites that allow such discussions out in the open. Remember the chaos on the Pig? We decided some time ago that to allow these discussions, it would have to be on a "pay to play" basis. If one is willing to financially support the site, then they can have a forum of their own to discuss whatever topic they choose. We want to keep the open forums on topic and within our published mission.
A contribution of $20.00 (good for 2 years) is all it takes to gain access to that forum.

Old Cardinal
05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
So how does this work? The Sneeze started out as a fairly neutered discussion; however, it turned a little salty as folks wanted to chime it...

Therefore, we have no idea the direction that a thread will take, so I am guessing that it is the Monitors job to move it to the other one since we posters cannot predict the level of excitement that a posting can produce. Is that correct? We who just post are not fortune-tellers on predictive post directional moves.

sinton66
05-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
So how does this work? The Sneeze started out as a fairly neutered discussion; however, it turned a little salty as folks wanted to chime it...

Therefore, we have on idea the direction that a thread will take, so I am guessing that is the Monitors job to move it to the other one since we posters cannot predict the level of excitement that a posting can produce. Is that correct? We who just post are not fortune-tellers on predictive post directional moves.

Absolutely correct. It is the moderators' responsibility to judge the depth and direction the discussions take and decide whether or not the thread gets moved to a more appropriate place. This can happen at any point within the discussion. It is ALWAYS a judgement call.

NateDawg39
05-23-2010, 11:06 AM
The DL is more open then what a lot of people give it credit for. I like how we can discuss things without it getting to crazy but then again, some posters always feel the need to say something out of line. But that may not be out of line in their head. So having a moderator decide the fate of a thread or member is by far the best option to go with. Even though it upsets most from time to time.

sinton66
05-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
The DL is more open then what a lot of people give it credit for. I like how we can discuss things without it getting to crazy but then again, some posters always feel the need to say something out of line. But that may not be out of line in their head. So having a moderator decide the fate of a thread or member is by far the best option to go with. Even though it upsets most from time to time.

We will NEVER be able to completely please everyone, but that doesn't mean we won't even try. Some members have almost INSISTED on bringing up controversial (forbidden by our rules) topics, and we have now provided an authorized forum to do that in while maintaining the integrity and mission of our basic sports and non-sports forums (which is WHY 3ADL exists in the first place). So, now members have a choice. If they want to participate in those controversial topics, they can, but they're going to have to donate a minimum $20.00 every 2 years. This way, anyone NOT wishing to engage those topics simply don't donate or donate below the minimum amount.

ronwx5x
05-23-2010, 03:58 PM
We will NEVER be able to completely please everyone, but that doesn't mean we won't even try. Some members have almost INSISTED on bringing up controversial (forbidden by our rules) topics, and we have now provided an authorized forum to do that in while maintaining the integrity and mission of our basic sports and non-sports forums (which is WHY 3ADL exists in the first place). So, now members have a choice. If they want to participate in those controversial topics, they can, but they're going to have to donate a minimum $20.00 every 2 years. This way, anyone NOT wishing to engage those topics simply don't donate or donate below the minimum amount.

OK, OK! I mailed the check!:D

TheDOCTORdre
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Since religious talk is fordbidden here, does that make the DL godless?

BwdLion73
05-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Speaking of controversial.... I can no longer see the Donate member forum?

and yes before you say it I have donated over $20 bucks ....each year I have made a donation since finding this site.:confused:

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Speaking of controversial.... I can no longer see the Donate member forum?

and yes before you say it I have donated over $20 bucks ....each year I have made a donation since finding this site.:confused:

I can't see it either. I don't mean to bring out anything controversial, but my donation should have allowed me to see the forum. In fact, I could see the forum until this past weekend. Maybe they deleted the forum? I dunno.

garciap77
05-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
same here. does anybody want to help a poor, underprivaliaged white kid become a donating member?

:D

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 07:39 AM
I think the moderators do a good job generally. Most of the time most discussions on here maintain a civil atmosphere until a select few posters get involved and then it goes downhill very rapidly. I probably have been guilty of this a time or two myself but do generally attempt to keep it polite. I enjoy discussions like that one because it does give me some insight into other people's ideas and beliefs and I like to hear people talk about what they are passionate about but can't imagine it being the same on the pay forum. If I wanted a one-on-one discussion I would actually talk to my wife!!:D :D
How many posters actually browse and participate on the donating members forum?

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 08:08 AM
On another note:

I just visited the TXHSFootball.com forum and the last 3A post on that forum was on May 21...........
If you guys aren't careful that is where this site will soon be.
If a thread is popular it means that is what people want to talk about!!!!

JasperDog94
05-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I think the moderators do a good job generally. Most of the time most discussions on here maintain a civil atmosphere until a select few posters get involved and then it goes downhill very rapidly. I probably have been guilty of this a time or two myself but do generally attempt to keep it polite. I enjoy discussions like that one because it does give me some insight into other people's ideas and beliefs and I like to hear people talk about what they are passionate about but can't imagine it being the same on the pay forum. If I wanted a one-on-one discussion I would actually talk to my wife!!:D :D
How many posters actually browse and participate on the donating members forum? I like the spirited conversations as well. We just have to keep it civil and refrain from name calling. That's when things get ugly and the mods have to shut it down.

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 09:30 AM
How many posters actually browse and participate on the donating members forum?

I actually did until it became unavailable to do so.

JasperDog94
05-24-2010, 09:37 AM
There are actually a couple of threads that have been going for awhile now. I just re-upped my donating member status so I could stay involved in what's going on over there. Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
There are actually a couple of threads that have been going for awhile now. I just re-upped my donating member status so I could stay involved in what's going on over there. Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

I agree, I was prepared to donate even more than the minimum (not trying to sound cheesy here) but my anniversary date isn't until August.

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 09:43 AM

If I donate and go over there, will I be allowed to be RIGHT at least some the time?????? :(

crzyjournalist03
05-24-2010, 09:45 AM
So I contributed to a thread that I can no longer read, but plenty of people can now reply to things I have written without me having an opportunity to respond.

:doh:

JasperDog94
05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
If I donate and go over there, will I be allowed to be RIGHT at least some the time?????? :( Well considering that one of the topics is religion, I don't think anyone can be proven right in that one. ;)

Pick6
05-24-2010, 12:09 PM
On another note:

I just visited the TXHSFootball.com

There was time wasted that you'll never get back. That board should pay people to visit it.

LE Dad
05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
So I contributed to a thread that I can no longer read, but plenty of people can now reply to things I have written without me having an opportunity to respond.

:doh: The question is not can they, but are they? :p

LE Dad
05-24-2010, 01:01 PM
If I donate and go over there, will I be allowed to be RIGHT at least some the time?????? :( Better hurry, I am gonna start a Pitbull thread soon.:D

Donating member forum is picking up. It was slow until the past few weeks, but with RD80 and BBDE over there... :nerd:

LE Dad
05-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Nah, I just think it was a little bit ridiculous for the thread to be moved. There seems to be no justifiable reason for it. Actually a mod closed the thread and I asked if it could be moved instead. The thread was religious and violated the rules. I am surprised it took ten pages, but the conversation was very civil so I guess they let it go.

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
There was time wasted that you'll never get back. That board should pay people to visit it.

I think it's a pretty good site for 2A and during the season. Right now not much happening.

Ranger Mom
05-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Actually a mod closed the thread and I asked if it could be moved instead. The thread was religious and violated the rules. I am surprised it took ten pages, but the conversation was very civil so I guess they let it go.

Seeee.........we aren't all that bad!!!

Unfortunately, we have to gauge by previous responses what "might" happen next.

Some of us have been doing this for quite a while now, and we just know when a thread is fixin to take a bad turn.

A lot of times a thread gets closed simply for the fact the it gets reported a couple of times for "rule breaking".....at's a no-win situation at times.

For the record, I hate to have to close a thread!!

Another thing....if you think you should have access to the donating member forum and don't let one of us know.

Sometimes that is something that has to be done manually for some reason....if you don't tell us, we don't know!!

ronwx5x
05-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I had been meaning to contribute again and knew that I was listed as of 1/1/08. When I could no longer go there, I suddenly "remembered" to donate!!:inlove:

IrishTex
05-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Seeee.........we aren't all that bad!!!

Unfortunately, we have to gauge by previous responses what "might" happen next.

Some of us have been doing this for quite a while now, and we just know when a thread is fixin to take a bad turn.

A lot of times a thread gets closed simply for the fact the it gets reported a couple of times for "rule breaking".....at's a no-win situation at times.

For the record, I hate to have to close a thread!!

Another thing....if you think you should have access to the donating member forum and don't let one of us know.

Sometimes that is something that has to be done manually for some reason....if you don't tell us, we don't know!!

Just letting you know i can't see the donating forum. Can you fix it for me? Thanks.

BwdLion73
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Just letting you know i can't see the donating forum. Can you fix it for me? Thanks.

Same for me...it dropped off Saturday or Sunday.:bigcry:

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 01:31 PM
The "sneeze" thread is the bomb now. When it dies it would be cool if it were placed back here and closed... Let everyone see those 14+ pages.lol:D

ronwx5x
05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
The "sneeze" thread is the bomb now. When it dies it would be cool if it were placed back here and closed... Let everyone see those 14+ pages.lol:D

I'm still waiting to get back on, but I was having a good time before I lost it. Don't think BBDE will be able to get back on unless he bocomes a Donating Member. Is it still running hot?

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I'm still waiting to get back on, but I was having a good time before I lost it. Don't think BBDE will be able to get back on unless he bocomes a Donating Member. Is it still running hot?

Affirmative...#1 in there.

JasperDog94
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Now at 18 pages and still going.

Farmersfan
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Now at 18 pages and still going.

I feel so used and discarded!!!!! :(

JasperDog94
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I feel so used and discarded!!!!! :( Dude, it's only 20 bucks for 2 years. You can do it!:)

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 02:16 PM
I feel so used and discarded!!!!! :( BBDE did it, and now you can too!:D

BwdLion73
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Dude, it's only 20 bucks for 2 years. You can do it!:)

I have been able to go to the donating member site since it's inception. That is until last weekend when I was booted off!

:(

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I'm still waiting to get back on, but I was having a good time before I lost it. Don't think BBDE will be able to get back on unless he bocomes a Donating Member. Is it still running hot? BBDE is in. Although things are beginning to unravel for him just a bit.:p

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I have been able to go to the donating member site since it's inception. That is until last weekend when I was booted off!

:( PM S66 or one of the mods. Heck PM em all. They will get you in.

Ranger Mom
05-25-2010, 04:09 PM
PM S66 or one of the mods. Heck PM em all. They will get you in.

We mods can't do it....but I did inform Sinton66 of it.

SintonFan
05-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Glad to see Gary over "there".
Bout time he payed his dues.:nerd: :D

Ranger Mom
05-26-2010, 10:00 AM
In case anyone missed the Announcement at the top of the page.....here is what it said....this was posted by Sinton66 on Friday, May 23rd.

We left it open to all Donating members until today to let each get a "feel" for it. From this point forward access will require a minimum $20.00 donation every two years.

That donation will also grant special priviledges normal members do not have. These are:
1.)Can post attachments.
2.)Can edit own posts.
3.)Can delete own posts.
4.)Can open/close threads they started.

If you think your donation meets the above criteria and you still can't access it....please let one of us know!!!!

Old Cardinal
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
To Sinton 66

I mailed the donation check......

sinton66
05-26-2010, 09:14 PM
On behalf of all of 3ADL, thank you.:thumbsup: