PDA

View Full Version : Great Year in Sports for Sinton in 2009-10

Phil C
05-21-2010, 11:25 PM
All our teams made the playoffs in all sports. Of course some like track and field it is individuals that advance but we had players in those sports advanced. I don't know but very few schools have had that success. In addition our decathlon and problem solving teams also advanced in competition.

footballguru
05-22-2010, 12:17 AM
La Grange's team sports all qualified for postseason as well. Just bragging a little, our teams won 12 postseason rounds and the only team to not win a playoff game was boys basketball. We had regional qualifiers in cross country and boys and girls golf. We also had an individual qualify for state in track and our girls mile relay finished 3rd at state. We had a girl in tennis qualify for the state tournament as well. I think athletically the leopards and lady leopards of La Grange had the best year of any school in region 4 this year. We even won the academic UIL ditrict meet. Our baseball and softball teams are still playing as of 5-21-10. Good luck to both teams!!

injuredinmelee
05-22-2010, 07:33 AM
playoffs are watered down so much not its no big deal to even make them. At a good school it would be expected.

truebluestang
05-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Out of 14 possible district titles in 31-3A- Ingleside won six and they alo won the district academic meet. That means the other 7 district schhols shared 8 championships.

truebluestang
05-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Ingleside won 11 playoff games this year. We had two state champions and advanced people in golf and tennis as well. District titles in Girl's and Boy's cross country, Football, Girl's Basketball, Softball, Boy's Track and finished runner-up in volleyball and Girl's track. Most successful year in the history of the district.

MUSTANG69
05-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Overall I think D31 did great this year. It probably is one our strongest showings in a long time as a whole.

Congrats to athletes and academics of D31.

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Ingleside won 11 playoff games this year. We had two state champions and advanced people in golf and tennis as well. District titles in Girl's and Boy's cross country, Football, Girl's Basketball, Softball, Boy's Track and finished runner-up in volleyball and Girl's track. Most successful year in the history of the district. Then you should have started your own thread. :rolleyes:

The real question is can Ingleside sustain what they've accomplished the last few years or was this just a special group of kids? You are headed in the right direction, but I know you know that the sucess Sinton experiences is what everyone in our district strives to achieve. :)

playnhurt
05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Congrats to the Pirates. This year's group of seniors, I had the opportunity to coach back when they were in 7th grade. Great bunch of kids!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Then you should have started your own thread. :rolleyes:

The real question is can Ingleside sustain what they've accomplished the last few years or was this just a special group of kids? You are headed in the right direction, but I know you know that the sucess Sinton experiences is what everyone in our district strives to achieve. :) :)

truebluestang
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to brag on Sinton's thread. I am sorry that overall we had a better year.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to brag on Sinton's thread. I am sorry that overall we had a better year. Ingleside did a have great year in several sports. congrats look forward to next year if they can repeat it

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Ingleside did a have great year in several sports. congrats look forward to next year if they can repeat it They won't.

MUSTANG69
05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
They won't.

Is this some preliminary trash talking for the football season?:devil:

truebluestang
05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I love your attitude- just wait til next year. Sounds like some mothers I know- you will get em next time or keep your head up or there is always next year, next sport, next game, etc. If you haven't noticed the success in Ingleside has been for the past six years- not just this year. Next year will be no different.

MUSTANG69
05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I love your attitude- just wait til next year. Sounds like some mothers I know- you will get em next time or keep your head up or there is always next year, next sport, next game, etc. If you haven't noticed the success in Ingleside has been for the past six years- not just this year. Next year will be no different. :clap: :clap: :clap:

OnceABucJr
05-24-2010, 02:51 PM
You better make your move after next year (at least in Girls' programs, as that special group will be gone after that and then "back to normal!")!

MUSTANG69
05-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
You better make your move after next year (at least in Girls' programs, as that special group will be gone after that and then "back to normal!")! :rolleyes: :taunt:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Out of 14 possible district titles in 31-3A- Ingleside won six and they alo won the district academic meet. That means the other 7 district schhols shared 8 championships. you did share one title with 2 other teams ;)

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
I love your attitude- just wait til next year. Sounds like some mothers I know- you will get em next time or keep your head up or there is always next year, next sport, next game, etc. If you haven't noticed the success in Ingleside has been for the past six years- not just this year. Next year will be no different.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Too funny. YOU talking about attitude.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh man............................

LE Dad
05-24-2010, 04:21 PM
What a sweet, cheerful thread.:D

Go Sinton volleyball!:)

Johnny Utah
05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
My money is on the Real Pirates!!

MUSTANG69
05-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
My money is on the Real Pirates!!

Rockport or Mathis?:D

truebluestang
05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
You Sinton people are so touchy. Just because someone has replaced you at the top of this district doesn't mean you have to get them all in a wad. Sinton is a great program but for now we are better- bottom line. (We would have also won powerlifting in boy's and girl's if that was UIL- boy's were regional champions)

OnceABucJr
05-24-2010, 05:49 PM
PS4 - what did I say????

sinton66
05-24-2010, 06:02 PM
You Sinton people are so touchy. Just because someone has replaced you at the top of this district doesn't mean you have to get them all in a wad. Sinton is a great program but for now we are better- bottom line. (We would have also won powerlifting in boy's and girl's if that was UIL- boy's were regional champions)

2004......Sinton 45, Ingleside 20
2005......Sinton 50, Ingleside 35
2008......Sinton 47, Ingleside 26

Seems like your six year district domination has a couple of holes in it.:doh:

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 07:01 PM

Really? You Sinton people? LMAO

You would have also beat Mathis in district, right? ROFL

Classic.

Yes, once --- you were SPOT ON!

pirate4state
05-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
2004......Sinton 45, Ingleside 20
2005......Sinton 50, Ingleside 35

2008......Sinton 47, Ingleside 26

Seems like your six year district domination has a couple of holes in it.:doh:

I'm sure the refs were to blame. ;)

OnceABucJr
05-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah, we're still waiting on that video!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
05-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Oh yeah, we're still waiting on that video!!!!!!!!!!!!

No,no, it was a still wasn't it?

maroonpirate04
05-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Congrats Sinton Pirates on another successful year. Thanks for carrying the tradition in excellence that began in the 80's and still going strong:clap: :clap: It's not the end it's just another chapter you added to the Pirate Legacy. :clap: :clap:

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 07:55 AM

I said success the past six years- not domination. We dominated the district this year. 6 out of 14 district titles is pretty dominant don't you agree. No one else can say that or that they had a state champ- we had two. Say what you want about Mathis- we gave that one away but we still beat Sinton!

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Let me break the Ingleside -Sinton head to head match up this year down.

Ingleside won- football, cross country boys and girls, boys track, girls track, girls basketball.

Sinton won- volleyball, and boy's basketball.

Split in baseball. Tennis-?, Golf?

You guys should brag on your volleyball and boy's basketball teams for beating Ingleside this year.

Phil C
05-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Let me break the Ingleside -Sinton head to head match up this year down.

Ingleside won- football, cross country boys and girls, boys track, girls track, girls basketball.

Sinton won- volleyball, and boy's basketball.

Split in baseball. Tennis-?, Golf?

You guys should brag on your volleyball and boy's basketball teams for beating Ingleside this year.

Actually the purpose of me posting this thread thread was to point out some good things about Sinton and not to brag on beating anybody or putting down anyone.

pirate4state
05-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Actually the purpose of me posting this thread thread was to point out some good things about Sinton and not to brag on beating anybody or putting down anyone.

Yeah, but he can't stand that no one is saying those things about his program so he has to get his jabs in while they are dominating. It doesn't happen very often, you know. Just the past 6 years or however long he's been there.

StangEm
05-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
playoffs are watered down so much not its no big deal to even make them. At a good school it would be expected.

Well put....

Phil C
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
Well put....

The thing is Stang is that we are fast becoming like California where you have many state champions but they are watered down. Of course it is profitable so maybe the end justifies the mean$.

MUSTANG69
05-25-2010, 10:10 AM

Phil
As most threads go on this forum the initail purpose or topic will change. Maybe all this bantering will release some frustrations while waiting on football season. Also, maybe a friendly little rivalry can be good for the soul. Congrats to Sinton and Ingleside for having a great year.

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
The only reason I respond is because I get tired of hearing how mighty and great Sinton is at everything. Sinton has become like Calallen where the people think they are somehow better because of where they are from- even if they have had nothing to do with the success at that program. I know it troubles you when someone else equals or surpasses your success- but live with it. Sinton's reputation has become one of arrogance and that is why I like to throw it back at them.

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
All our teams made the playoffs in all sports. Of course some like track and field it is individuals that advance but we had players in those sports advanced. I don't know but very few schools have had that success. In addition our decathlon and problem solving teams also advanced in competition.

Phil- the part that got this going was the comment that very few schools have had that success. If you had just left that part out.

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:03 PM
The only reason I respond is because I get tired of hearing how mighty and great Sinton is at everything. Sinton has become like Calallen where the people think they are somehow better because of where they are from- even if they have had nothing to do with the success at that program. I know it troubles you when someone else equals or surpasses your success- but live with it. Sinton's reputation has become one of arrogance and that is why I like to throw it back at them. Just sounds like you have an inferiority complex. If we say you all are good, will it help? LoL

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Phil- the part that got this going was the comment that very few schools have had that success. If you had just left that part out. Instead of believing that your team was one of the "few," you take offense to it and suggest otherwise?

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Sinton has become like Calallen where the people think they are somehow better because of where they are from... :eek: :eek: :eek:

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
There are way more than a few who have success in many areas. But some of you want to think you are the few.

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Just sounds like you have an inferiority complex. If we say you all are good, will it help? LoL

Dr. Phil this is a 3A website.

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Dr. Phil this is a 3A website. Act like a child, get treated like one. You brought up Calallen, genius. ;) lol

ccmom
05-25-2010, 01:34 PM
There are way more than a few who have success in many areas. But some of you want to think you are the few.

If anyone has their panties "in a wad" (as you put), IMO it is you. Wylie consistently represents well year in and year out, however when I read Phil's post, I did not at all get the feeling that he was trying to put down other schools. On the contrary, I got the impression that was proud of the success of the young men and women of Sinton. Just my opinion...

:)

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
If anyone has their panties "in a wad" (as you put), IMO it is you. Wylie consistently represents well year in and year out, however when I read Phil's post, I did not at all get the feeling that he was trying to put down other schools. On the contrary, I got the impression that was proud of the success of the young men and women of Sinton. Just my opinion...

:) Bingo, now tell him they're good, we have to build up his self esteem.

LE Dad
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM

:) :clap: +1....but by all means continue this is very entertaining.:D

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Bingo, now tell him they're good, we have to build up his self esteem.

Who are you Dr.Phil? Why do you care that we are talking a little smack with a huge district rival? It is part of the fun of being on this site. I know the real Phil from Sinton and he is a great guy who meant no harm. I just wanted to get the rest of the Sinton nation up in arms so just go talk some smack to G-P or one of your rivals. And please keep the psychological evaluations to yourself unless you produce some credentials.

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Who are you Dr.Phil? Why do you care that we are talking a little smack with a huge district rival? It is part of the fun of being on this site. I know the real Phil from Sinton and he is a great guy who meant no harm. I just wanted to get the rest of the Sinton nation up in arms so just go talk some smack to G-P or one of your rivals. And please keep the psychological evaluations to yourself unless you produce some credentials. I never said I was a psychologist, therefore not in need of credentials. Even a novice can recognize a child in need of a compliment. lmao

You all have a good program! :D

IrishTex
05-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Who are you Dr.Phil? Why do you care that we are talking a little smack with a huge district rival? It is part of the fun of being on this site. I know the real Phil from Sinton and he is a great guy who meant no harm. I just wanted to get the rest of the Sinton nation up in arms so just go talk some smack to G-P or one of your rivals. And please keep the psychological evaluations to yourself unless you produce some credentials.

Awwww, CCMom is a sweetheart AND a rival.

:D

ccmom
05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Awwww, CCMom is a sweetheart AND a rival.

Sweetheart? :confused:

If you are gonna start name calling it could get ugly. :mad:

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
You need to put Dr. in front of your title. That compliment made my day.;)

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:50 PM
You need to put Dr. in front of your title. That compliment made my day.;) ;)

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Dr. DDBooger in the house! Anyone need some advice?

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Dr. DDBooger in the house! Anyone need some advice? I specialize in envious fandom and the feeling of inadequate attention for an unwarranted program! :D :eek::p

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
That is the Calallen coming out in you. You must move past that feeling of superiority. That gives me an idea for a thread. Which programs out there are the most arrogant?

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
That is the Calallen coming out in you. You must move past that feeling of superiority. That gives me an idea for a thread. Which programs out there are the most arrogant? Ahh, see when I start playing around it gets serious! lol "inferiority" :D

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm from Calallen and my name is Dr booger. Do have feelings of inferiority, are you having trouble sleeping at night, do you wish you could be as good as the Calallen Wildcats. I can help. I can show you how to act and think like a Wildcat and in the end you will be successful. Just allow me to offer you some advice.

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm from Calallen and my name is Dr booger. Do have feelings of inferiority, are you having trouble sleeping at night, do you wish you could be as good as the Calallen Wildcats. I can help. I can show you how to act and think like a Wildcat and in the end you will be successful. Just allow me to offer you some advice. Excellent :D

(notice I have yet to discuss anything regarding the Calallen program or made any comparisons) haha this is amusing

truebluestang
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
This has been fun but I have to stop. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

DDBooger
05-25-2010, 02:16 PM
This has been fun but I have to stop. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. Trust me, to many of us, the feeling is mutual ;) good day!

pirate4state
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey Phil, next time run your posts by trueblue so he doesn't get his feelings hurt! :bigcry:

When other towns start acting like they won the Super Bowl after a win against your team, then you know you've hit the big time. I'm sorry Ingleside isn't there yet.

Golly gee...I bet that's the kind of comment/thinking that inspired your thread. :o

OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: :devil: :wave:

MUSTANG69
05-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Hey Phil, next time run your posts by trueblue so he doesn't get his feelings hurt! :bigcry:

When other towns start acting like they won the Super Bowl after a win against your team, then you know you've hit the big time. I'm sorry Ingleside isn't there yet.

Golly gee...I bet that's the kind of comment/thinking that inspired your thread. :o

OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue: :devil: :wave: :lies: :taunt:

Phil C
05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Phil- the part that got this going was the comment that very few schools have had that success. If you had just left that part out.

Good point. No harm intended but poor choice of words.

Phil C
05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
This thread seems to have brought out some bitterness and resentment by some which was not my intention. I will take the blame for it even though it was accidently.

If possible I respectfully request the mods to close or better yet delete this thread.

Ranger Mom
05-25-2010, 11:43 PM

:)

I agree 100%!!!!!

This thread seems to have brought out some bitterness and resentment by some which was not my intention. I will take the blame for it even though it was accidently.

If possible I respectfully request the mods to close or better yet delete this thread.

You don't need to take the blame for anything Phil!!

Anyone who has been here since March 2008 knows you as a poster and wouldn't have taken what you said for anything else but how you meant it......UNLESS they just have an "agenda" and are trying to stir things up.

I wouldn't give it a second thought!!!

Oops....I was going to close this thread on Phil's request and make my comment and realized the thread was already closed.......yall get to read my comment anyway!!!:D :D