PDA

View Full Version : La Grange vs Lyford SB

OnceABucJr
05-21-2010, 08:46 PM
La Grange 5 Lyford 0 - La Grange pitcher 1 hitter. 2nd game at Sinton 2PM tomorrow.

Phil C
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
La Grange is very agressive on the base running and the Lyford ladies made decision errors. Those and one big error were the difference in an extremely close game and the 5 - 0 result that was. Lyford is capable of playing a close game with them but they only had one big hit when their batter hit a tripple but they couldn't get her in and stranded her. I think the Lyford pitcher held them to 5 hits but mental errors as I mentioned hurt them.

Phil C
05-21-2010, 11:18 PM
I don't like to say anything too much about officials but one of the reasons that there were low hits was due to the first base umpire who called all the close ones at first base outs. There were other fans from both sides that agreed with me that he called several plays out that should have been safe. The one call he called safe was a missed call but it didn't affect the game. The Lyford player at first base caught a ground ball and tagged the runner as she got to first. It looked like she got the tag before the runner touched first but the umpire who couldn't really see the tag from his position called her safe. Still it was the players fault because she could have easily tossed it to the second base player who was covering at third. An example of Lyford mental errors when the player put it basically in the umpire whose view she was partly blocking. But I have to give the official credit even though I think he blew several plays in that he consistently called the outs on both teams.

I have never seen these officials before so I don't know where they were from and the other officials did a good job.

PutMeInCoach
05-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Split crew lg had plate and second

Roc96
05-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Is there a radio feed?

pirate4state
05-22-2010, 02:40 PM
bottom of the 3rd
LG 7
Lyford 0

pirate4state
05-22-2010, 03:09 PM
LG 9
Lyford 0

Bot 5th (Lyford home team)

pirate4state
05-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Final
LG 9
Lyford 0

zebrablue2
05-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Final
LG 9
Lyford 0

Congrats to the lady Lep's. Keep it rolling in the next round.:2thumbsup

PutMeInCoach
05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Girls did a great job. Best of luck in the next round.

Phil C
05-22-2010, 08:46 PM
The game or games between Needville and La Grange should be outstanding. Wish they could play in Sinton with our new softball facilities. :)

PutMeInCoach
05-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Sinton has an awesome facility. Loved the seating. We need more fields like it.

texansfan
05-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Congrats to La Grange. Their pitcher has good stuff and they have a very athletic team all the way around.
That said, Lyford is a much much better team than they showed this weekend. I hope people dont assume they didn't deserve to be there. They have good athletes and can play good D. They were swinging at stuff they dont usually swing at. It wasnt the changeup, they saw a great changeup last week vs. Robstown. But credit to the Leopards and that pitcher. She's a good one.

Also, Sinton's softball facility is amazing. Great views from anywhere and love the cover. Friendly folks, too. Outstanding.

Phil C
05-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by texansfan
Congrats to La Grange. Their pitcher has good stuff and they have a very athletic team all the way around.
That said, Lyford is a much much better team than they showed this weekend. I hope people dont assume they didn't deserve to be there. They have good athletes and can play good D. They were swinging at stuff they dont usually swing at. It wasnt the changeup, they saw a great changeup last week vs. Robstown. But credit to the Leopards and that pitcher. She's a good one.

Also, Sinton's softball facility is amazing. Great views from anywhere and love the cover. Friendly folks, too. Outstanding.

Let me know when you will be coming here again texansfan so we can have a visit and meet each other. I agree that Lyford was better than they showed. I could tell from Friday's game (I didn't get to come Saturday). That game Friday could have been close but the Lyford ladies made some judgement errors that they don't usually make and man those last two innings they were remarkable in defensive play.

Bull Butter
05-23-2010, 09:57 AM
In addition, Lyford's only 50 miles from South Padre Island and some nightclub owned by the band that plays there:thinking:

Phil C
05-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Bull that is the Pelican West band located just south of the Grand Isle Hotel which used to be the Radisson. Great singing and music indeed.