PDA

View Full Version : This could get very serious, and fast.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-20-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37244411/ns/world_news-asiapacific

LE Dad
05-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Hmmm... North Korea wouldn't do anything that stupid now would they.lol:D

NK is a loose cannon, something bad is going to happen, the only question is when??:eek:

Roc96
05-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm naturally concerned with our role in that conflict.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Hmmm... North Korea wouldn't do anything that stupid now would they.lol:D

NK is a loose cannon, something bad is going to happen, the only question is when??:eek:

They are so close and with the arsenals both posses they coud take out millions without nukes, with nukes=let us pray............bad bad deal....

gatordaze
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Does not matter what role we take it will be Bush's fault!

PPSTATEBOUND
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

ummmm.......LOok......:clap: :clap:

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 08:53 AM
This is very serious. If war breaks out in Korea the death toll will be tremendous. The Korean conflict will pale in comparison to what will happen now. Maybe our "great leader" can talk to them.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
05-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
... Maybe our "great leader" can talk to them.:rolleyes: :dispntd: :dispntd: We are in trouble.:(

ronwx5x
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
North Korea is like the little boy who cried wolf and no one listens much anymore (except the media). It appears the NK leadership , anytime it is caught with it's pants down, threatens war. Just look back at how many times North Korea has threatened to annihilate both South Korea and the US. Just consider the source.

South Korea will not retaliate in any meaningful fashion as they are very conscious of the US position and power. This will be a war of words, then blow over. And just because there is no retribution on the north, they will be emboldened to do it again and again. It takes the focus away from the rampant poverty they are suffering.

crzyjournalist03
05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/dennert/anchorman-1.jpg

Boy, that escalated quickly.

pirate4state
05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/dennert/anchorman-1.jpg

Boy, that escalated quickly. I'm glad I checked in -- LMAO -- I need to go youtube that video :D

Bullaholic
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Will be more "saber-rattling"---no worries until somebody fires the first shot---which I don't think is going to happen anytime soon.

Farmersfan
05-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
North Korea is like the little boy who cried wolf and no one listens much anymore (except the media). It appears the NK leadership , anytime it is caught with it's pants down, threatens war. Just look back at how many times North Korea has threatened to annihilate both South Korea and the US. Just consider the source.

South Korea will not retaliate in any meaningful fashion as they are very conscious of the US position and power. This will be a war of words, then blow over. And just because there is no retribution on the north, they will be emboldened to do it again and again. It takes the focus away from the rampant poverty they are suffering.

Sometimes the little boy who cried wolf needs to get his arse spanked!!!!! I don't know how to do it without escalating this thing into full all out war but North Korea needs to be re-educated as to just how insignificant they are in the wide scheme of things. It takes a firm hand and resolve to do that and our currect leadership cannot get it done............... We will end up kissing the butt of the little boy who cried wolf! That's how Obama rolls!

ronwx5x
05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Sometimes the little boy who cried wolf needs to get his arse spanked!!!!! I don't know how to do it without escalating this thing into full all out war but North Korea needs to be re-educated as to just how insignificant they are in the wide scheme of things. It takes a firm hand and resolve to do that and our currect leadership cannot get it done............... We will end up kissing the butt of the little boy who cried wolf! That's how Obama rolls!

I agree that until NK is punished for this type of occurance it will continue. I am equally certain there is no one correct response. Not Obama's jawboning it or Dubya's going in with guns blazing. I don't have the answer, but surely we have civilian and military strategists who can come up with a proper response.

There are outside forces, China and Russia, who make it difficult to do anything without causing collateral sabre-rattling. Could this be one of those times when it is just better to do something and ask forgiveness later? But what to do?

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Will be more "saber-rattling"---no worries until somebody fires the first shot---which I don't think is going to happen anytime soon.

I think the first shot has been fired. Quite a few people died, too.

Black_Magic
05-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Sanctions sanctions sanctions.. Isolate them completely. If they start shooting... Nuke em.

greenhornet
05-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I spent a year on the DMZ(1995) and things like this on a smaller scale happen frequently that doesn' t make it to the media. They need to send a message to NK or it will continue, it has always been a mystery to me why the rest of the world is so tolerant of North Korea's BS.

LE Dad
05-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I think the first shot has been fired. Quite a few people died, too. I am sure the families of the 45+ sailors who died feel that way.

Bullaholic
05-20-2010, 10:32 AM
I think the first shot has been fired. Quite a few people died, too.

I'm in no way making light of the loss of anyone's life, but the history of these incidents has shown that neither side is willing to commit to all-out war over it because they know that far more people will die. In the days of all-conventional warfare, perhaps wars were started ove such incidents---but in the nuclear age with a nuclear-capable rogue nation run by a crazed dictator---it will not happen, unless one side actually invades the other.

I think everyone on this board knows where I stand as far as advocating a strong America and responses to rogue nation's actions.

Bullaholic
05-20-2010, 10:32 AM
I am sure the families of the 45+ sailors who died feel that way.

Please read my response above...

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Sanctions sanctions sanctions.. Isolate them completely. If they start shooting... Nuke em.

I don't think sanctions will work. There are to many countries and individuals that are willing to find a way around the sanctions. I don't think NK's nut case leader really cares how much his people suffer so he doesn't worry about sanctions.

Black_Magic
05-20-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't think sanctions will work. There are to many countries and individuals that are willing to find a way around the sanctions. I don't think NK's nut case leader really cares how much his people suffer so he doesn't worry about sanctions. I would normaly agree that sanctions wont do it alone. but for the things they have done lately it could hurt them. You do know they are really hurting right now.. additional sanctions could hurt them even more. what else you gona do anyway? I mean if your not going to take military action because of this then thats the best option.

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
I would normaly agree that sanctions wont do it alone. but for the things they have done lately it could hurt them. You do know they are really hurting right now.. additional sanctions could hurt them even more. what else you gona do anyway? I mean if your not going to take military action because of this then thats the best option.

I do know they are hurting but their leader doesn't care. That is why I don't think additional sanctions would work. I think the only thing they would understand is military action. The dilemna is "do we or don't we" use this type of action. I think you and I are coming to the same conclusions but just by different routes.:thinking:

waterboy
05-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I say we send a covert, undetectable sniper into North Korea and cut the snake's head off.:devil: I'm pretty sure if we cut the snake's head off, the rest of the body will die. That seems to be the only solution to ending their delusional leader's reign. After all, I think we'd be doing the people of North Korea a favor. We would have to set it up as though someone in their own military did it, though.:cool:

Black_Magic
05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
I do know they are hurting but their leader doesn't care. That is why I don't think additional sanctions would work. I think the only thing they would understand is military action. The dilemna is "do we or don't we" use this type of action. I think you and I are coming to the same conclusions but just by different routes.:thinking: DO we or dont we is the question. if we dont though we gota at least hit them with the harshed sanctions we can. thats what Im saying. it may not hurt them like we would want to but it is better than words

garciap77
05-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Bush_Fault.gif

:D

LE Dad
05-20-2010, 11:45 AM
If you hit my sister and I warn you that if it happens again I will beat your arse, then the next time you do it and all I do is warn you again... Pretty soon my sister will be getting hit regularly... Time to quit warning em.:thinking:

garciap77
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by greenhornet
I spent a year on the DMZ(1995) and things like this on a smaller scale happen frequently that doesn' t make it to the media. They need to send a message to NK or it will continue, it has always been a mystery to me why the rest of the world is so tolerant of North Korea's BS.

I was in Korea 94-95. You are correct, about the media not reporting.

ronwx5x
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
DO we or dont we is the question. if we dont though we gota at least hit them with the harshed sanctions we can. thats what Im saying. it may not hurt them like we would want to but it is better than words

Let's see now. We currently have sanctions in place against Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Somalia and I'm sure several others. How's that working so far?

Black_Magic
05-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Let's see now. We currently have sanctions in place against Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Somalia and I'm sure several others. How's that working so far? Well lets take each one at a time. Venezuela, want to go to war with Venezuela ? WHY???:doh: Cuba, We cant Invade Cuba because of an Agreement we made in 1962 in order to avoid a Nuclear war... what would you suggest we do to Cuba outside breaking our agreement.... Iran, We have not fully pushed the rest of the world for sanctions on Iran. Some are in place and they are having an effect. We need to push even harder for more of them. or would you prefer we go to war with the entire middle east all at once?? North Korea, Sanctions clearly do have an impact on them because they "Threaten " war when we mention them, Maybe we should call thier bluff and let the cards fall where they may and impose more . If they attack then we respond with the same. Somalia, Again you want to invade the wealthy fantastic nation and have americans die ? What about Somalia is worth american lives...Patrol the waters and blow the pirates away when you see them.... Bush has showed you cant just declare war on all of them.... It does not work.

BEAST
05-20-2010, 01:14 PM
If you hit my sister and I warn you that if it happens again I will beat your arse, then the next time you do it and all I do is warn you again... Pretty soon my sister will be getting hit regularly... Time to quit warning em.:thinking:

That makes way to much commen sense, therefore, to a politician, it could never work.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2010, 01:20 PM

I wish it was that simple..but until we know for sure what side China would fall on we can just simply attack...If China stayed out it is a war but if China goes with N Korea it could easily become WWIII

BwdLion73
05-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Bush has showed you cant just declare war on all of them.... It does not work.

I think the key line in you thinking is how we have changed our meaning of the word "declare war" and then make it a "police like action".

ronwx5x
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Well lets take each one at a time. Venezuela, want to go to war with Venezuela ? WHY???:doh: Cuba, We cant Invade Cuba because of an Agreement we made in 1962 in order to avoid a Nuclear war... what would you suggest we do to Cuba outside breaking our agreement.... Iran, We have not fully pushed the rest of the world for sanctions on Iran. Some are in place and they are having an effect. We need to push even harder for more of them. or would you prefer we go to war with the entire middle east all at once?? North Korea, Sanctions clearly do have an impact on them because they "Threaten " war when we mention them, Maybe we should call thier bluff and let the cards fall where they may and impose more . If they attack then we respond with the same. Somalia, Again you want to invade the wealthy fantastic nation and have americans die ? What about Somalia is worth american lives...Patrol the waters and blow the pirates away when you see them.... Bush has showed you cant just declare war on all of them.... It does not work.

Boy you sure know how to change the focus. All I said was, how are the sanctions working? Neither you nor I are in any position to decide with whom to go to war. It was actually a rhetorical question as we both know the answer.

The primary reason sanctions don't work has already been stated, Other countries don't follow them.. Judging by Iran/Contra and the original Iraqi oil embargo, maybe we don't either!

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Will be more "saber-rattling"---no worries until somebody fires the first shot---which I don't think is going to happen anytime soon. agreed. doesn't anyone remember last year about this time when they started "test firing" all of the missles? NK = lotta posturing, lot of talk. Simple fact of the matter is...they can't even feed themselves, muchless maintain a military force or mobilize.

Was stationed there twice....same ole crap...different day.

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
agreed. doesn't anyone remember last year about this time when they started "test firing" all of the missles? NK = lotta posturing, lot of talk. Simple fact of the matter is...they can't even feed themselves, muchless maintain a military force or mobilize.

Was stationed there twice....same ole crap...different day.

The big difference here is that over 40 people died this time. I think the tension could get real high this time.:thinking:

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 03:24 PM
The big difference here is that over 40 people died this time. I think the tension could get real high this time.:thinking: like the Panmunjom Axe Murders? Which ultimately lead to a tree being cut down and more posturing? ;)

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
like the Panmunjom Axe Murders? Which ultimately lead to a tree being cut down and more posturing? ;)

I'm not advocating military conflict at this time. I just think tension will run very high and the NK nutcase is very unpredictable. I hope you are right that there will not be any conflict but something must be done before it does happen.

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm not advocating military conflict at this time. I just think tension will run very high and the NK nutcase is very unpredictable. I hope you are right that there will not be any conflict but something must be done before it does happen. I hear ya. Hell, I'm half convinced the little whackjob has been dead for months if not years. Think he's been doin the "Weekend at Bernie's" thing for some time! :D

There's ALWAYS something goin on over there....it's just that most of the time the media over here doesn't get ahold of it. It's a constant, non-stop game of leverage and posturing over there. I can remember being coming out of the subway one time in Seoul into the middle of a full blown riot....tear gas, shields, caged buses, the whole 9. Not to mention a LOT of other things that didn't make the news that were much more militarily related. Defecting NK pilots, NK submarine (I won't go into that one), NK gun boats firing on SK fishing boats, etc. etc. etc. It's ALWAYS something.

garciap77
05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I hear ya. Hell, I'm half convinced the little whackjob has been dead for months if not years. Think he's been doin the "Weekend at Bernie's" thing for some time! :D

There's ALWAYS something goin on over there....it's just that most of the time the media over here doesn't get ahold of it. It's a constant, non-stop game of leverage and posturing over there. I can remember being coming out of the subway one time in Seoul into the middle of a full blown riot....tear gas, shields, caged buses, the whole 9. Not to mention a LOT of other things that didn't make the news that were much more militarily related. Defecting NK pilots, NK submarine (I won't go into that one), NK gun boats firing on SK fishing boats, etc. etc. etc. It's ALWAYS something.

That's how it was the whole time I was there back in 94-95! We were told the first day we got there that all we were was a speed bump on the road and that, maybe we could hold them long enough to get reinforcements to the south of Korea!:mad:

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
That's how it was the whole time I was there back in 94-95! We were told the first day we got there that all we were was a speed bump on the road and that, maybe we could hold them long enough to get reinforcements to the south of Korea!:mad: LOL!!!! WOW....sounds familiar...I was there in 96-97 and 99-00. And I got that EXACT same briefing. "You're basically a speed bump, and hopefully we can slow them down enough to get reinforcements here before they reach Pusan." The only thing that'd slow down a ground army that big would be the Han River! LOL. Well that and the highway tunnels through the mountains if you know what I mean ;)

LE Dad
05-20-2010, 04:42 PM
That's how it was the whole time I was there back in 94-95! We were told the first day we got there that all we were was a speed bump on the road and that, maybe we could hold them long enough to get reinforcements to the south of Korea!:mad: You be a speedbump.....:nerd:

I will be a limb on a tree.:p :D

garciap77
05-20-2010, 06:35 PM
LOL!!!! WOW....sounds familiar...I was there in 96-97 and 99-00. And I got that EXACT same briefing. "You're basically a speed bump, and hopefully we can slow them down enough to get reinforcements here before they reach Pusan." The only thing that'd slow down a ground army that big would be the Han River! LOL. Well that and the highway tunnels through the mountains if you know what I mean ;)

LOL. The only difference --- For the Air Force, it was Kwangju Air Base!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/rok-map-central.jpg

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
LOL. The only difference --- For the Air Force, it was Kwangju Air Base!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/rok-map-central.jpg HA!!! My first tour I was stationed on Camp Long (#6) !!! We had to ride the bus over to Camp Eagle to use their ATM machine when we wanted cash. LOL.

NateDawg39
05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
RELEASE THE KRAKEN on North Korea!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

garciap77
05-21-2010, 06:58 AM
HA!!! My first tour I was stationed on Camp Long (#6) !!! We had to ride the bus over to Camp Eagle to use their ATM machine when we wanted cash. LOL.

I was station in Osan AB. Not a bad assignment at all. I spent most of my free time going to college (University of Maryland). Some people spent most of their time at the bars/clubs wasting their money on the juicy girls!:(

Black_Magic
05-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I was station in Osan AB. Not a bad assignment at all. I spent most of my free time going to college (University of Maryland). Some people spent most of their time at the bars/clubs wasting their money on the juicy girls!:( I was Stationed at the Smolensk air base near Moscow back in 86'. Boy I tell you there are Juicy girls in Moscow!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TQmtZsLrDI8/Sjv4gPe0OcI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/1U2NkkHWjHw/s400/111007_ugly_woman_shirt.jpg

Farmersfan
05-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't think sanctions will work. There are to many countries and individuals that are willing to find a way around the sanctions. I don't think NK's nut case leader really cares how much his people suffer so he doesn't worry about sanctions.

Kind of reeks of Saddam doesn't it?

greenhornet
05-21-2010, 10:21 AM
I was station in Osan AB. Not a bad assignment at all. I spent most of my free time going to college (University of Maryland). Some people spent most of their time at the bars/clubs wasting their money on the juicy girls!:(

I was stationed at Camp Greaves and our camp motto was "stands alone". We were right on the DMZ. I made it down to Osan one weekend and it sounded and looked like they had it much better off than we did. Yeah heard that whole speed bump thing myself, that was one year I would love to forget. I was literally so happy to be back in the US I couldn't sleep for the first few days.

MUSTANG69
05-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Kind of reeks of Saddam doesn't it?

Saddam was a cruel and sadistic person but I'm not so sure that he was insane. I think the NK leader might be. Neither really cared for their people as human beings.

garciap77
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by greenhornet
I was stationed at Camp Greaves and our camp motto was "stands alone". We were right on the DMZ. I made it down to Osan one weekend and it sounded and looked like they had it much better off than we did. Yeah heard that whole speed bump thing myself, that was one year I would love to forget. I was literally so happy to be back in the US I couldn't sleep for the first few days.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/265703999YqTibT_fs.jpg

I took the DMZ tour from Osan and I remember Camp Greaves! I couldn't sleep either when I returned, but I not sure if it was jet lag! I hope you can sleep after seening the pic!:D

garciap77
05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
I was Stationed at the Smolensk air base near Moscow back in 86'. Boy I tell you there are Juicy girls in Moscow!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TQmtZsLrDI8/Sjv4gPe0OcI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/1U2NkkHWjHw/s400/111007_ugly_woman_shirt.jpg

Man!!! I did not know you were in the military! Will you talk to me as Black Magic next time I see you at a Snyder sports event! And maybe even take a picture with me!:D

Black_Magic
05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Man!!! I did not know you were in the military! Will you talk to me as Black Magic next time I see you at a Snyder sports event! And maybe even take a picture with me!:D I was a Spetsnaz Comando. I could take a picture with you but then I would have to kill you to protect my family from terrorists.:p

greenhornet
05-21-2010, 02:23 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/265703999YqTibT_fs.jpg

I took the DMZ tour from Osan and I remember Camp Greaves! I couldn't sleep either when I returned, but I not sure if it was jet lag! I hope you can sleep after seening the pic!:D

That's the one! Brings back some memories, I think I will have to break out all those old pics now for a little reflecting.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-25-2010, 07:41 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37329506/ns/world_news-asiapacific

Hot air?