PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers - Offseason Thoughts

Milk That Cow
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Some Observations....

FOOTBALL
The Tigers are gonna be LOADED in 2010. I mean Talent Galore. I don't think they have had this much talent on the field in decades. Superstar talent and some depth to match...

That being said, it could be boom or bust as far as what the scoreboard will show, as success of the season is gonna come down to two things(in my humble opinion)

1. Coaching
2. Quarterback Production

If these two have a good to great performance, they will be a state championship contender...

If these two have a below average performance, they won't get out of district...

BOYS BASKETBALL
1. Haven't made the Playoffs in over a Decade...
2. Haven't had a Winning Season in over a Decade...

In spite of having 2 of the 5 most prolific scorers in Tiger History this past year, they could not break those two streaks...

I will be plum shocked if either streak is broken next year...

Girls Athletics
It's never been this bad before...

Volleyball and Basketball are performing at historic lows, Track had it's worst year in a decade, and Softball has went from statewide mattering to district contending sputtering...

ATHLETICS OVERALL

The Football Program seems to be on track to recapture the Glory Years of the Past...

Much of the rest of the Athletic Department are at historic lows...

Dogman_1969
05-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Have you read the Reporter Sports page? The loss of the senior to transfer is huge.

Several will have to step up their game.

Yoe_09
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Have you read the Reporter Sports page? The loss of Tyler Wright to transfer is huge.

Here is the story on that: http://www.rockdalereporter.com/news/2010-05-20/Sports/Gandys_exit_leaves_RHS_in_double_jeopardy.html

Who will be the QB now?

Milk That Cow
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Have you read the Reporter Sports page? The loss of the senior to transfer is huge.

Even if he wasn't transferring, I think it was a big question mark because he's hardly played any...

Whoever plays QB needs to be a contributor for their to be any success in 2010...

Coach BS
05-20-2010, 12:45 AM
First off milk, 2010 football was never gonna be loaded. Graduation took a huge toll I think they return 6 on offense, QB, RB, and all the recievers are gone, and the only QB in sight is a freshman. Maybe 3-4 return on defense. We all knew it was gonna be a rebuilding year.

Basketball I couldnt agree more.

Girls Bball and Vball I just dont get it. The softball is solid, went most of the season until the last 3 games without a pitcher.

Track, you dont know whats going on, The boys won dist, sent I dont know how many to regionals and 2 @ state Track really had a great year.

and a state appearance in golf

Im not sure where you get some of your info

Milk That Cow
05-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
First off milk, 2010 football was never gonna be loaded. Graduation took a huge toll I think they return 6 on offense, QB, RB, and all the recievers are gone, and the only QB in sight is a freshman. Maybe 3-4 return on defense. We all knew it was gonna be a rebuilding year.

Basketball I couldnt agree more.

Girls Bball and Vball I just dont get it. The softball is solid, went most of the season until the last 3 games without a pitcher.

Track, you dont know whats going on, The boys won dist, sent I dont know how many to regionals and 2 @ state Track really had a great year.

and a state appearance in golf

Im not sure where you get some of your info

2010 not gonna be loaded???

They have 3 Big-Time Division 1 recruits with a pretty good 0-Line shaping up as well...

Unless they go with a two platoon system, they have more than enough talent to spread around O and D to out-talent almost everybody on their regular season schedule...

I don't see in any way shape or fashion how you can call this a rebuilding year...

Track/Golf on the Boys side had great years, I mis-spoke about historic lows as I should have meant the Girls side of the equation....

BY THE WAY, don't be surprised if you start hearing about a Potential Transfer coming to Tigerland that happens to play Quarterback....