PDA

View Full Version : Summer workouts

YTBulldogs
05-19-2010, 12:20 PM
How active is your schools current summer workouts? Last few years it's become very active here, and it shows.

Wish we had it available to us back in the day. Any weight lifting/conditioning back then was on your own.

Bullaholic
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
How active is your schools current summer workouts? Last few years it's become very active here, and it shows.

Wish we had it available to us back in the day. Any weight lifting/conditioning back then was on your own.

Show me any team which has a strong off-season program with lots of participation and I'll show you a winning team.....

SHSBulldog00
05-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Our summer workout is mandatory.

Undefeated District Champs 4 out of 5 years!!

44INAROW
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

welcome back stranger...........

I'll try to get some pics of the boys working out this summer. It's amazing how many boys (and some girls) go up day after day on their own to work out..

YTBulldogs
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
welcome back stranger...........

I'll try to get some pics of the boys working out this summer. It's amazing how many boys (and some girls) go up day after day on their own to work out..

Great, love to see them 44. I been extremely busy lately at the fire station. Then, with all the rains and floods it really got busy.

OLE'BULL
05-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

I'm pretty sure all summer workouts are "voluntary". I know coaches walk that fine line, but I am almost certain they cannot force you to be there. That being said, I am sure it would compromise ones playing time ;)

rojosgirl
05-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Sure it would. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool! ;)

BILLYFRED0000
05-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Celina starts their program in june and it runs for 5 weeks for 7 thru 12. My number 3 daughter will begin her first condition start this year. woohoo you go girl. She is something. her team is in a spring league and they were playing whitesboro the other night. She came off the court mad cause she was the littlest one out there and was struggling to keep up. Then I told her the other team were all going to be freshmen next year. That got a smile out of her cause she knew she kept up but was really having to work at it. She thought she had gotten soft or something I think.

YTBulldogs
05-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, as a parent of a freshman---I think they should make it a requirement you attend if you plan on playing sports the following school year.

I seen it first hand. You prevent injuries and illness from being out of shape trying to play. Plus, exercise is better than sitting at home playing XBox and getting fat.

For those that need to work to help their family out financially---we offer a morning and evening sessions here, Monday through Thursday.

maestro
05-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

you might want to rephrase that....:)

don't want to start a " write in " stampede...

gatordaze
05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
I'm pretty sure all summer workouts are "voluntary". I know coaches walk that fine line, but I am almost certain they cannot force you to be there. That being said, I am sure it would compromise ones playing time ;)

There is no fine line in Celina. Everyone that is counted on will be in summer conditioning becasue they want to. My boys went to spring break this year as Freshman and they informed me that it was their last as that affects track conditioing and is just a few weeks before the district meet.

Celina just built a 15 x 80 ft sand pit so I am sure this summer will be special.

bobcat4life
05-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
There is no fine line in Celina. Everyone that is counted on will be in summer conditioning becasue they want to. My boys went to spring break this year as Freshman and they informed me that it was their last as that affects track conditioing and is just a few weeks before the district meet.

Celina just built a 15 x 80 ft sand pit so I am sure this summer will be special. Technically it is optional to satisfy UIL rules, but that is not the case. It is mandatory.

And what sand pit are you talking about?

gatordaze
05-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Technically it is optional to satisfy UIL rules, but that is not the case. It is mandatory.

And what sand pit are you talking about? Go look behind the visitor stands

Roc96
05-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Are you talking about a long jump pit?

gatordaze
05-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Roc96
Are you talking about a long jump pit?

No- 15' wide by 80' long and 2' deep Flip tires, pull tires, run sprints, hell incorporated etc.

JJWalker
05-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Celina can flip, hop, skip, pull, jump ... etc. all they want, but their better days are behind them until they get some O-Linemen with some sort of intestinal fortitude.

gatordaze
05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Celina can flip, hop, skip, pull, jump ... etc. all they want, but their better days are behind them until they get some O-Linemen with some sort of intestinal fortitude.

Yep they are done! Just don't seem to want it anymore.

JJWalker
05-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Yep they are done! Just don't seem to want it anymore.
Celina should win its new district and will win some playoff games ... but I just do not see them being serious contenders without gutsy O-Line play.

Perhaps the playoff game I attended against Kennedale was a fluke or there were key O-linemen gone, but someone needed to block.

Braveheart
05-19-2010, 10:03 PM
wow shs are you a coach in Sweeny

cheater cheater pumpkin eater

orange machine
05-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Celina should win its new district and will win some playoff games ... but I just do not see them being serious contenders without gutsy O-Line play.

Perhaps the playoff game I attended against Kennedale was a fluke or there were key O-linemen gone, but someone needed to block.

I promise you it will be different this year on the offensive line play. The oline will be much bigger, stronger and i dont think Coach Elliot will allow his lineman to get soft!!

bobcat4life
05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Go look behind the visitor stands I noticed alll the sand out there but didnt know what was for. Now I cant wait to get in there

orange machine
05-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I noticed alll the sand out there but didnt know what was for. Now I cant wait to get in there

You have fun with that sand. 80ft of good ole fun with sand in your pads and down your pants makes for a shower that will sting alot.:eek:

buckeyebob
05-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Summer workouts are not mandatory here...come if you want...

But I will say...I went to day 1 of 2-a-days last season...I was expecting to see blocking dummies, wind sprints, puking, other neat stuff..I was disappointed...they were running plays...everyone knew them, were in condition, & ready to kick butt... I guess The Army knows what they are doing but I am not sure if it works.

gatordaze
05-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I promise you it will be different this year on the offensive line play. The oline will be much bigger, stronger and I don't think Coach Elliot will allow his lineman to get soft!!

I am pretty excited as well. If my guess as to who will play is correct and they let Brady play tight end some, then the right side of the line from center over will average 6'2" 265lbs or so and all benching over 300lbs, squatting over 400 lbs and cleaning over 225 lbs on average. Lots of size and strength to run behind.

Defense line looks even better with lots of strength and speed. They will average 225 lbs across the front and run between a 4.6 and 5.0 in the 40. The starting 4 are really strong with 2 benching 400 lbs and 2 over 300. They are even quicker than they are fast.

Line play will definitely be their strength this season. They are deep and they don't fall off much between 1st and 2nd teamers.

LE Dad
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Summer workouts are not mandatory here...come if you want...

But I will say...I went to day 1 of 2-a-days last season...I was expecting to see blocking dummies, wind sprints, puking, other neat stuff..I was disappointed...they were running plays...everyone knew them, were in condition, & ready to kick butt... I guess The Army knows what they are doing but I am not sure if it works. Yeah, 2 a days are not what they used to be. I guess this new way works, but dang it sure does look way different then the good ole days.

SHSBulldog00
05-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Braveheart
wow shs are you a coach in Sweeny

cheater cheater pumpkin eater

No.....just a Bulldog faithful!