PDA

View Full Version : pirates on the border.......

NastySlot
05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
ok so when will enough be enough with the crime on the border?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/pirates_now_ply_falcon_lake_94200254.html

and the focus and worry is about illegals coming over to work...what about crime and protection on our side of the border?

MUSTANG69
05-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Our federal government is not going to do anything. :mad:

BEAST
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Our federal government is not going to do anything. :mad:

We cant, if we did anything to those thugs it would be because we used racial profiling. :mad:

BEAST

Bullaholic
05-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Excellent location to base a Predator drone. Now you see em'----now you don't...Probably wouldn't even have to target anything---just make frequent low lake passes over their heads and "wiggle" it's wings a little...

44INAROW
05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
We cant, if we did anything to those thugs it would be because we used racial profiling. :mad:

BEAST

I totally agree....... and that's all I am going to say on this subject - to keep my blood pressure down;)

SHSBulldog00
05-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I thought all the Pirates were in the Corpus Area?

IHStangFan
05-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Excellent location to base a Predator drone. Now you see em'----now you don't...Probably wouldn't even have to target anything---just make frequent low lake passes over their heads and "wiggle" it's wings a little... WINNER!!! I like the way you think bud. When I was in Afghanistan last year....I worked very closely w/ the "Scan Eagoe" and "Predator" guys.....you wouldn't believe what those things can do. It would definitely remedy this border problem, not only are they an effective strike weapon....but they are also a largely effective psych weapon. You don't hear them...see them, etc. All of the sudden stuff just starts going BOOM all around you. That is bound to have a psychological effect!!

Gobbler Fan
05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Maybe they were actually Mexican Border Patrol stopping Illegal Immigration into Mexico ... :D

MUSTANG69
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Do we ask for identification before we blow them out of the water. I don't think we should. Shoot now ask questions later.:D

pancho villa
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Those are my people.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WINNER!!! I like the way you think bud. When I was in Afghanistan last year....I worked very closely w/ the "Scan Eagoe" and "Predator" guys.....you wouldn't believe what those things can do. It would definitely remedy this border problem, not only are they an effective strike weapon....but they are also a largely effective psych weapon. You don't hear them...see them, etc. All of the sudden stuff just starts going BOOM all around you. That is bound to have a psychological effect!!

Can they be shot down by small arms fire?

MUSTANG69
05-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I thought all the Pirates were in the Corpus Area?

They are confined to the Mathis and Sinton areas.

IHStangFan
05-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Can they be shot down by small arms fire? There's a simple and a complicated answer to that question...but we'll stick w/ no. Not at operating altitude. You can't see them or hear them....so how are you gonna shoot them down w/ small arms fire? ;) They operate at several thousand feet.

Maroon87
05-19-2010, 10:34 AM

Rockport-Fulton too...;)

MUSTANG69
05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Rockport-Fulton too...;)

Those are just retired Pirates.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Rockport-Fulton too...;) London Pirates have been spotted just outside of Corpus Christi

Daddy D 11
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
invade mexico.... it solves the problem:)

i must admit though... the predator drone idea seems really cool!:clap:

NastySlot
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Invade Mexico
happen twice already....and it has just created problems for the future generations...........

and drones I thought just saw a head in the sa express about drones coming to randolph ab....in the near future.

coach
05-19-2010, 11:54 AM
we should just start getting bus loads of immigrants and start unloading them in different states by the hundreds and see if they like it

Daddy D 11
05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by coach
we should just start getting bus loads of immigrants and start unloading them in different states by the hundreds and see if they like it

yeah take em all to D.C, then the politicians might think it's a bigger deal when the problem is right in front of their eyes

garciap77
05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Excellent location to base a Predator drone. Now you see em'----now you don't...Probably wouldn't even have to target anything---just make frequent low lake passes over their heads and "wiggle" it's wings a little...

Nice place for Predator train!:D :D :D

garciap77
05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Those are my people.

Oh Well Pancho! You are here now, you are one of us, FRANK!:D :D :D

;)

garciap77
05-19-2010, 12:16 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM

If we invade Mexico, will you ran for Governor of the state of Mexico and built a big mansion like Rick Perry?:D :D :D

garciap77
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by coach

Isn't that already happening?:confused:

garciap77
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
yeah take em all to D.C, then the politicians might think it's a bigger deal when the problem is right in front of their eyes

I thought they were already working there as nannies and gardeners!:confused: :confused:

sinfan75
05-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I like when Los Angeles Mayor said they would boycott Arizona. Arizona commissioner says " Fine!! I guess you can do without our electricity we sell you!" LMAO!! I bet the Los Angeles mayor is secretely doin some apologizing right now.

pirate4state
05-19-2010, 03:51 PM

Sinton - yes
Mathis - no
Rockport - Fulton - no (green & yellow...are you kidding?)

:D

BEAST
05-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I like when Los Angeles Mayor said they would boycott Arizona. Arizona commissioner says " Fine!! I guess you can do without our electricity we sell you!" LMAO!! I bet the Los Angeles mayor is secretely doin some apologizing right now.

:clap:

Dear Los Angeles Mayor,

Now is when you open mouth, insert foot, and exit stage to the left. You have had the trump card played on your ass. Lol.

BEAST

MUSTANG69
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75

That was a smart move. Boycott the people that provide 25% of your electricity. What a bunch of DAs.:rolleyes:

Phil C
05-19-2010, 04:04 PM
BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

garciap77
05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

NO!;)

Pick6
05-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

You mean be a puppet...no thanks

sinton66
05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I thought they were already working there as nannies and gardeners!:confused: :confused:

Not by the MILLIONS.:D

sinton66
05-19-2010, 04:53 PM
That was a smart move. Boycott the people that provide 25% of your electricity. What a bunch of DAs.:rolleyes:

It's California, what do you expect from the left coast?;)

sinton66
05-19-2010, 04:54 PM
They need a bigger "tackle" box.:D

Daddy D 11
05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
If we invade Mexico, will you ran for Governor of the state of Mexico and built a big mansion like Rick Perry?:D :D :D

no mansion, just one big hacienda nestled right smack dab in the middle of the best whitetail country mexico has to offer :D

i really think we need to take over though.. it would just fix alot of headaches and problems.

garciap77
05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
They need a bigger "tackle" box.:D

SHSBulldog00
05-19-2010, 05:36 PM
i really think we need to take over though.. it would just fix alot of headaches and problems.

Just send in the special forces

sinton66
05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/338/javeline.jpg

garciap77
05-19-2010, 05:52 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D_Gunboat2.jpg

SintonFan
05-19-2010, 11:33 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D_Gunboat2.jpg

Wow!
I want one of those submarine-space-scifi-shooty thingys!

SintonFan
05-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Said article:

McALLEN — Heavily armed Mexican freshwater pirates have been shaking down U.S. boaters on Falcon Lake, a reservoir and bass fishing haven that straddles the Rio Grande.

At least three such incidents have been reported since April 30, the latest on Sunday, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety warning issued Tuesday that linked the muggings to northern Mexico's increasing lawlessness.

According to descriptions of the incidents, the robbers — in at least one case posing as Mexican federal law enforcement officers — searched fishermen's boats for guns and drugs, then demanded cash at gunpoint.

One of the incidents reportedly occurred on the U.S. side of the lake.

“The robbers are believed to be members of a drug trafficking organization or members of an enforcer group linked to a drug trafficking organization who are ... using AK-47s or AR-15 rifles to threaten their victims,” the DPS statement said. “They appear to be using local Mexican fishermen to operate the boats to get close to American fishermen.”

It was unclear why sport fishermen were targeted, but the warning comes only a few weeks before bass fishing tournaments that are among the South Texas border region's biggest tourist draws.

DPS spokesman Tom Vinger said the warning was issued in part because of the upcoming tournaments.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said he would be discussing security concerns with tournament participants and has been reviewing protective measures with the DPS Border Security Operations Center and the region's Fusion Center, a federal information clearinghouse for terrorism prevention and response.

Reported victims included:

• Five people in two boats who were approached by four tattooed men April 30 claiming to be “federales” near the church at Old Guerrero, a once-submerged town on the Mexican side of the lake. The men boarded their boats, demanded cash and asked “where are the drugs?” They then took $200 from the Americans and followed the boats until they re-entered U.S. waters.

• Three fishermen who were approached May 6 by a boat containing two men who pointed AR-15s — the civilian version of the U.S. military's M-16 assault rifle — at them. One boarded the fishing boat, searched for drugs, cash and guns, chambered a round in his rifle and told the fishermen he would shoot them if they did not give him money.

• Boaters on the U.S. side of the lake who were approached by a boat containing five armed men on May 16, according to second-hand reports that reached law enforcement officers. The DPS said it couldn't confirm if the boaters had been robbed.

Tuesday's notice urged fishermen to stay as far as possible from any of the Argos-type boats typically used as fishing vessels by Mexican fishermen, which DPS said had large prows, small outboard motors without cowling and no identification numbers on the hulls.

Boaters on the lake also were urged to stay within U.S. waters and file a float plan with family members.

Falcon Lake is an approximately 60-mile-long reservoir on the Rio Grande fronting Starr and Zapata counties on the Texas side and shared between the United States and Mexico. It was formed by a dam in 1953 to conserve water for agriculture and control downstream flooding.

SintonFan
05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't know about yall but I don't see nothing wrong with that article.
Two shotguns and two .45s with a party of four would take care of that problem quick.:nerd:

NateDawg39
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
We should unleash OPERATION PIRANHA ATTACK!!!! :mad:

That is where we unlease millions of Piranha in the waters and let them go to work

THEN!!!

We unleash OPERATION GRABOID!!:mad:
If you have not seen Tremors then you will not know ow to protect yourself when we release the creatures on the border.

SintonFan
05-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
We should unleash OPERATION PIRANHA ATTACK!!!! :mad:

That is where we unlease millions of Piranha in the waters and let them go to work

THEN!!!

We unleash OPERATION GRABOID!!:mad:
If you have not seen Tremors then you will not know ow to protect yourself when we release the creatures on the border.

lol
Those Graboids CAME from Mexico. They were here illegally a long time ago.:D
how old IS Kevin Bacon...

PIRANHAS are in South America.:thinking: :doh: :D

I applaud your post! Shunny fit!:clap: :clap:

Ranger354
05-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Been on Falcon many times, and actually was shot at many years ago by small arms (22cal. ) fire. I have never taken a shotgun or pistol fishing with me and neither are any match for AKs or ARs. If you venture to the Mexican side then you are in their country. THAT doesnt give them to right to threaten you, but they can sure stop and question you. Mexico is NOT the sleepy little country it used to be. Where money could buy you a darn good time. It is now a bad place with a lot more bad people out of control.

If the US would step up some patrols all this would go away. Trouble is, some one( Billy bad ass fisherman with a gun) will most likely loose a life before anything gets done.

I was there in April and fished both side of the lake and the area near the Old Town. We had No problems.

Footballhudini
05-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

I heard the government was going to start IDing all white people to make sure they aren't illegals from Canada.

NateDawg39
05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
I heard the government was going to start IDing all white people to make sure they aren't illegals from Canada. Good....those darn Canadians are fueling a hockey puck war that could go on for years unless we end it now and stop the flow of Canadian hockey pucks :mad: