PDA

View Full Version : Help from Galveston area folks

BEAST
05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Thinking about taking my 3 boys to Galveston next month to go to the beach and to go to Schliterbahn. How are things in Galveston now? Pretty much back to normal or not?

BEAST

bwdlionfan
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I was in Galveston last summer and again this spring.

Last summer there was still a lot of stuff torn up and places damaged were pretty common sites.

This spring when I was down there it was better, but there is still some areas that have damage. It wouldn't keep me from going though I'm sure you and them will all have a great time.

If you go, drive down Seawall Blvd and take a look at the Flagship Hotel (the one on piers that goes out over the gulf). It has some big holes in the sides of it; it kinda looks like they may not even try to fix it.

BEAST
05-18-2010, 10:16 PM
My wife and I have been there and many other beaches both in America and other countries. Our boys have never got to experience that sight. Can't wait till we get em down there.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
My wife and I have been there and many other beaches both in America and other countries. Our boys have never got to experience that sight. Can't wait till we get em down there.

BEAST

Last summer was the first time I'd been to Galveston since I was in elementary school. I went deep sea fishing for the first time in my life and had a blast.

lostaussie
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I went to Galveston last summer for 5 days. It was pretty much buisness as usual.

pancho villa
05-19-2010, 07:22 AM
We own a condo in Galveston and go all the time. It is nicer there now than before the storm. Eat at, Shrimp and Stuff on 39th street. Also Mario's on 61st is real good.

BEAST
05-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
We own a condo in Galveston and go all the time. It is nicer there now than before the storm. Eat at, Shrimp and Stuff on 39th street. Also Mario's on 61st is real good.

Will do. Any other suggestions? I know I can trust a man who dislikes standaround.

BEAST

Johnnypaycheck
05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Nate's on Seawall has great steaks...if they are still there...and the Tex-Mex place on Seawall...i think it is Dos Salsa's???pretty good

pancho villa
05-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Will do. Any other suggestions? I know I can trust a man who dislikes standaround.

Take the boys on the ferry from Galveston to Bolivar it is a free fun ride. Also go the Strand. Lots of sights and resturants down there.

BEAST

pancho villa
05-19-2010, 08:56 AM

Take the boys on the ferry from Galveston to Bolivar it is a free fun ride. Also go the Strand. Lots of sights and resturants down there.

BEAST
05-19-2010, 08:58 AM

Thanks. I knew about the Strand. We will try out the ferry ride.

BEAST

pancho villa
05-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Another good eating place is the "Spot" on the seawall.

pancho villa
05-19-2010, 10:55 AM
We are going on the 29th-31st

Matthew328
05-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Ferry is cool, if you are lucky you might see a dolphin....

bring some bread and feed the seagulls.....

There's an italian spot right on seawall I ate at and liked a lot

waterboy
05-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Another good place to eat is Willie G's on the harbor side. It's VERY expensive, though! You can eat lunch there while waiting for the Dolphin Tour. We usually ride the ferry while we're down there, but sometimes the line is too long. If that's the case you can park and walk on the ferry. We used to enjoy riding the ferry across to the Bolivar Peninsula so we can go the beaches over there. You used to be able to drive on the beach for miles and pick a spot, but last year was too soon after the hurricane. If you go over to the peninsula, let me know if it's vehicle accessible again.