PDA

View Full Version : Oswalt and Strasburg

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2010, 07:10 PM
I only heard part of the story on the news but it had to do with both of them. Is it a possible trade?

TexasHSFootball
05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I only heard part of the story on the news but it had to do with both of them. Is it a possible trade?
http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2010/5/17/1475413/nationals-could-add-roy-oswalt

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the link.

eagles_victory
05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't think this makes sense for the Nationals would be shocked if they did it.

SWMustang
05-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I don't think this makes sense for the Nationals would be shocked if they did it.

do what? Pick up Oswalt for a catching prospect?

eagles_victory
05-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
do what? Pick up Oswalt for a catching prospect? You don't need him you won't win this year anyways and Oswalt doesn't have much longer I just wouldn't do it.

Astrosdawg07
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
This deal would make zero sense to me with Jason Castro in AAA

Maroon87
05-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
This deal would make zero sense to me with Jason Castro in AAA
Unless it was the first of a series of trades.

TexasHSFootball
05-18-2010, 08:51 AM
For the Astros it doesn't make a lot of sense unless they have given up on Jason Castro. That being said, Derek Norris is head and shoulders a much better prospect than Castro is.

You add Norris along with Castro, the Astros have a solid catching nucleus at hand with a great option to figure out what direction they can go in.

The question is, is Oswalt worth trading for Norris, in my book, I think he is worth it and more.

From a Nationals perspective it makes a lot of sense. You add Oswalt to an already promising pitching staff with the addition of Strasburg coming up in May/June in sxchange for Norris. Then The Nationals, who have the #1 overall pick, will take Bryce Harper, who is being compared to the likes of Joe Mauer already.

JasperDog94
05-18-2010, 08:53 AM
I sincerely hope that this is not the best the Astros can get for Roy.

Spread It Out
05-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
For the Astros it doesn't make a lot of sense unless they have given up on Jason Castro. That being said, Derek Norris is head and shoulders a much better prospect than Castro is.

You add Norris along with Castro, the Astros have a solid catching nucleus at hand with a great option to figure out what direction they can go in.

The question is, is Oswalt worth trading for Norris, in my book, I think he is worth it and more.

From a Nationals perspective it makes a lot of sense. You add Oswalt to an already promising pitching staff with the addition of Strasburg coming up in May/June in sxchange for Norris. Then The Nationals, who have the #1 overall pick, will take Bryce Harper, who is being compared to the likes of Joe Mauer already.

:iagree:

BaTmAn24
05-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

The Nationals would actually have a chance if this were to happen. And they could even possibly give my Phillies a run for their money :eek: :eek: