PDA

View Full Version : Ingeside/Needville Softball

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on how these 2 teams stack up?

Know_It_All
05-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Needville rolls in this series, La Grange may be only team left that is able to beat Needville. Needville may be the State Champions again.

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 02:46 PM
It will be a pitcher's dual.

Ingleside has some tough hitting and a sound defense.

Needville hasn't been putting up a lot of offense (correct me if I'm wrong) which means they rely heavily on Falls and their defense and from what I remember both are VERY, VERY good!

I may have to change my plans and go watch this game. :thinking:

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It will be a pitcher's dual.

Ingleside has some tough hitting and a sound defense.

Needville hasn't been putting up a lot of offense (correct me if I'm wrong) which means they rely heavily on Falls and their defense and from what I remember both are VERY, VERY good!

I may have to change my plans and go watch this game. :thinking:

You can't go. You have to stay in Sinton and serve frajitas to Phil. :D

Doesn't sound like anyone is giving Ingleside much of a chance to win this game. Oh well. We'll have to wait and see.

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
You can't go. You have to stay in Sinton and serve frajitas to Phil. :D

Doesn't sound like anyone is giving Ingleside much of a chance to win this game. Oh well. We'll have to wait and see. LOL someone else can serve up concession.

Besides, if I go I can keep the board updated for those of you who can't make it. ;)

One guy has said Needville would roll Ingleside...LOL...it will be tough, but anything can happen! She will be the best pitcher your team has faced all year!

coxjj
05-17-2010, 04:30 PM
LOL someone else can serve up concession.

Besides, if I go I can keep the board updated for those of you who can't make it. ;)

One guy has said Needville would roll Ingleside...LOL...it will be tough, but anything can happen! She will be the best pitcher your team has faced all year!

At this stage of the playoffs, I don't think anyone will "roll" anybody. This is a one-game series and the team that makes the fewer mistakes will likely move on. While still the biggest factor, with just one game, the pitcher will be less of a factor than in a three-game series. I'd like to think, with Needville's playoff experience, that we'd have an advantage.

However, it's been my experience that there is always a pre-conceived notion you get about what the matchup might be like based on all of the pre-game talk, and, then, once the game starts, you find out it's almost never as lopsided as you thought it would be.

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I think Ingleside has a little something to bring to the table. They are a pretty good hitting teams with a good defense. The shortstop may be one of the best in the state and she hits with power. (3 homeruns in the Pearsall series.) Our pitcher ain't bad herself. If she does her usual job it may not take too many points to beat Needville.

coxjj
05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
I think Ingleside has a little something to bring to the table. They are a pretty good hitting teams with a good defense. The shortstop may be one of the best in the state and she hits with power. (3 homeruns in the Pearsall series.) Our pitcher ain't bad herself. If she does her usual job it may not take too many points to beat Needville.

To get this far, they must have a lot. I'll stick with my opinion of it being a close game, with the winner being the team that makes the fewest mistakes.

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by coxjj
To get this far, they must have a lot. I'll stick with my opinion of it being a close game, with the winner being the team that makes the fewest mistakes.

I agree with you on that.

IHStangFan
05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
It pains me to say this a little, but I don't see Ingleside beating Needville. You've gotta beat the best to be the best & just like everyone around here says during football season...."they are the defending state champs until someone unseats them".

GO LADY JAYS!!

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I think Ingleside has a little something to bring to the table. They are a pretty good hitting teams with a good defense. The shortstop may be one of the best in the state and she hits with power. (3 homeruns in the Pearsall series.) Our pitcher ain't bad herself. If she does her usual job it may not take too many points to beat Needville. :twitch: RUNS, not points!! :mad: :D

Sorry, that just drives me nuts! :D

IHStangFan
05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Where is this gonna be played? and when?

big daddy russ
05-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
It pains me to say this a little, but I don't see Ingleside beating Needville. You've gotta beat the best to be the best & just like everyone around here says during football season...."they are the defending state champs until someone unseats them".

GO LADY JAYS!!
It pains me to hear you say that.

coxjj
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Where is this gonna be played? and when?

1 game Fri, 7pm, @ St Joseph in Victoria.

IHStangFan
05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It pains me to hear you say that. Sorry bro :(

Roc96
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
I think that, if Ingleside can lay off the riser, they've got a really good shot. However, their 3, 4 and 5 hitters (C, 1B and 3B) are riseball suckers.

MUSTANG69
05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
:twitch: RUNS, not points!! :mad: :D

Sorry, that just drives me nuts! :D

Sometimes I wonder where my brain is.:D

hookandladder
05-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Needville's pitcher is to good for Ingleside hitters, Needville's experience and overall better team prevails.

MUSTANG69
05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Needville's pitcher is to good for Ingleside hitters, Needville's experience and overall better team prevails.

I guess Ingleside just as well throw in the towel and stay at home.:D

SHSBulldog00
05-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Anything can happen in a one game series.

truebluestang
05-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Wasn't Needville 2nd in district and I think that they lost once in two of their series so far- proof that they can be beat.

coxjj
05-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Wasn't Needville 2nd in district and I think that they lost once in two of their series so far- proof that they can be beat.

I might add that, last year, Needville was 2nd in district and lost once in their playoff series with Sweeny ... didn't turn out so bad. But, of course, that's last year and this is this year. Point being ... any team can be beat at any time.

PutMeInCoach
05-19-2010, 11:51 AM
.... Point being ... any team can be beat at any time.

Agreed

truebluestang
05-19-2010, 12:56 PM
That was my point. Smart for Ingleside to go one game. A few mistakes for the defending champ and it could be all over. There will not be a chance for them to regroup.

Blackcat1954
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Game will be broadcast on Radio Station KULP, AM 1390 in El Campo

www.kulpradio.com

MUSTANG69
05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I realize that Needville is the defending champion and the onus is on Ingleside as the underdog. However history does not always repeat itself. I would like to think that Ingleside could win on its on merits and not just get lucky because of Needville making a few mistakes. After all, the Lady Mustangs have made it this far. I don't think it was all on luck. There is some pretty good talent on this team.

Did Ingleside and Needville have any common opponents this year and if so how did each team fair.

hookandladder
05-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Needville pitcher will be the difference, she is just plain hard to hit.

pirate4state
05-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Needville pitcher will be the difference, she is just plain hard to hit. I agree, but the Ingleside pitcher is not to shabby. BUT Falls can & does make mistakes and will serve up some nice fat pitches. Just saying...

truebluestang
05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I agree that Ingleside has a great team, but Needville is the defending champ and favored in this match-up. We will to create a break or two.

Reds fan
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree, but the Ingleside pitcher is not to shabby. BUT Falls can & does make mistakes and will serve up some nice fat pitches. Just saying...

P4s has seen both pitchers and makes a great point about Falls, obviously the defense has come around since the first of the season to help her out. That was the big question mark for Needville having lost most of their infield to graduation. Saw her pitch summer ball and her effectiveness was, shall we say, VERY compromised against the top select players.

If a team is patient and waits on the ball they should be able to put some runs on the board, most teams are just expecting the speed that most pitchers have that go this deep in the playoffs and Falls does not fit that category, she has to be crafty.

In a one gamer, anything goes! Good luck to both teams!

pirate4state
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
P4s has seen both pitchers and makes a great point about Falls, obviously the defense has come around since the first of the season to help her out. That was the big question mark for Needville having lost most of their infield to graduation. Saw her pitch summer ball and her effectiveness was, shall we say, VERY compromised against the top select players.

If a team is patient and waits on the ball they should be able to put some runs on the board, most teams are just expecting the speed that most pitchers have that go this deep in the playoffs and Falls does not fit that category, she has to be crafty.

In a one gamer, anything goes! Good luck to both teams!

:thumbsup: ;)

OnceABucJr
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
This is the same round Needville knocked out Sinton last year by 2-1 & 4-2. Same pitcher for Needville (Falls), so you can score. Giddings had a really good hitting team but didn't score enough to win last week. Very few legitimate rise ball pitchers in HS (40') but she is one so not many batters have seen what she is throwing. Patience is the word!

Roc96
05-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I saw her at the state tournament last year (I am pretty sure). I think she's the one who hardly uses her legs, and is still really effective. When she releases, her plant foot is still in contact with the pitcher's plate, whereas most pitchers drive off of that plate, and plant a few feet from the pitcher's plate.

pirate4state
05-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Roc96
I saw her at the state tournament last year (I am pretty sure). I think she's the one who hardly uses her legs, and is still really effective. When she releases, her plant foot is still in contact with the pitcher's plate, whereas most pitchers drive off of that plate, and plant a few feet from the pitcher's plate. YES!!! It's so weird looking, but she gets K after K.

Reds fan
05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Roc96
I saw her at the state tournament last year (I am pretty sure). I think she's the one who hardly uses her legs, and is still really effective. When she releases, her plant foot is still in contact with the pitcher's plate, whereas most pitchers drive off of that plate, and plant a few feet from the pitcher's plate.

Yes and if I had to guess she was taught by a pitching coach in Sugar Land, that is the style he teaches anyway. She really does not have a true riseball, just a pitch high in the zone that kind of floats there. Hitting off pitchers like that is just timing, if a team does not go to the plate with a plan to let the ball get there, they will end up with a lot of pop ups and weak ground balls. The K's come by getting behind in the count and here comes that floater.

pirate4state
05-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes and if I had to guess she was taught by a pitching coach in Sugar Land, that is the style he teaches anyway. She really does not have a true riseball, just a pitch high in the zone that kind of floats there. Hitting off pitchers like that is just timing, if a team does not go to the plate with a plan to let the ball get there, they will end up with a lot of pop ups and weak ground balls. The K's come by getting behind in the count and here comes that floater. But if your team can make her get behind in the count, then she serves it up and good hitters (which Ingleside has) will make her pay. We had several girls last year hit her very, very well in both our games.

I'm looking forward to see what Ingleside can do against her.

Reds fan
05-20-2010, 09:17 AM
But if your team can make her get behind in the count, then she serves it up and good hitters (which Ingleside has) will make her pay. We had several girls last year hit her very, very well in both our games.

I'm looking forward to see what Ingleside can do against her.

That is my point, when really pressed by good, patient hitters, she will have to come down the middle and there is nothing to keep batters from pouncing on it but good old fashioned "seeing the ball".

pirate4state
05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
That is my point, when really pressed by good, patient hitters, she will have to come down the middle and there is nothing to keep batters from pouncing on it but good old fashioned "seeing the ball". "see the ball" hehe one of my favorite fan quotes ;)

Reds fan
05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
"see the ball" hehe one of my favorite fan quotes ;)

LOL, yes, sounds ridiculous when you think about it! But after a few years around the game, seeing the ball, in the connotation that a coach should be thinking and teaching, has more meaning.

pirate4state
05-20-2010, 10:22 AM
LOL, yes, sounds ridiculous when you think about it! But after a few years around the game, seeing the ball, in the connotation that a coach should be thinking and teaching, has more meaning. Understood :)

Reds fan
05-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Understood :)

I knew you would and I am right there with you on the fans "see the ball"! :)

pirate4state
05-20-2010, 10:31 AM
I knew you would and I am right there with you on the fans "see the ball"! :) "Swing level" is a close 2nd. ;) :D LOL

Reds fan
05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
"Swing level" is a close 2nd. ;) :D LOL

How about "hands to the ball"?:eek: :D

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Good luck tomorrow night Lady Jays!!! :clap:

MUSTANG69
05-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Good luck tomorrow night Lady Jays!!! :clap:

The Ingleside Alumni Association is going to boycott you! J/K
I hope it is a great game. Just wished I could be there. Both these teams can hold their heads high win or lose.

Good luck to the Lady Mustangs

IHStangFan
05-20-2010, 03:44 PM
The Ingleside Alumni Association is going to boycott you! J/K
I hope it is a great game. Just wished I could be there. Both these teams can hold their heads high win or lose.

Good luck to the Lady Mustangs LOL....gotta go w/ the home team....and Ingleside hasn't been my home in several years. ;)

I think it will be a good game. I give the edge to Needville just based on their experience, etc. but would not be TOTALLY surprised if Ingleside pulls out a W. Do I think it's likely? Nah...but not impossible.

Good luck to both teams! Wish I could be there. I will be listening on the KULP website!! :)

truebluestang
05-21-2010, 08:04 AM
My favorite is keep the elbow up.

MUSTANG69
05-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
My favorite is keep the elbow up.

I bet I said that a thousand times a year when I was coaching Little League.

Blackcat1954
05-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Will listen to it over the net

MUSTANG69
05-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Only 5 more hours until show time:clap: :clap:

Go Lady Mustangs:D

pirate4state
05-21-2010, 02:30 PM

Go Lady Mustangs:D

Okay, I've searched and searched and can't find a street address for this place. Did yall get directions. I've checked yalls school web site and found no mention of the game! :tisk:

I need directions! HELP!

MUSTANG69
05-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Okay, I've searched and searched and can't find a street address for this place. Did yall get directions. I've checked yalls school web site and found no mention of the game! :tisk:

I need directions! HELP!

Game is at Field of Dreams on 3006 N. Cameron St., Victoria, TX

coxjj
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM

I need directions! HELP!

The Needville softball website I maintain has all of the information you need. First off, the address is:

3006 North Cameron St
Victoria, Texas 77901

The team website is www.eteamz.com/needville. The "Locations" page has this complex listed as "Victoria - St. Joseph Athletic Complex" which has driving directions (from Needville, of course). The icon next to the address on that page is a link to a map website of that address for more details.

Oops, Mustang69 beat me to the punch!!

Blackcat1954
05-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Watched East Bernard beat Poth two years ago in 2A Region IV championship

It's either 2 or 3 parks beside each other

Nice complex but nothing fancy

pirate4state
05-21-2010, 04:14 PM
The Needville softball website I maintain has all of the information you need. First off, the address is:

3006 North Cameron St
Victoria, Texas 77901

The team website is www.eteamz.com/needville. The "Locations" page has this complex listed as "Victoria - St. Joseph Athletic Complex" which has driving directions (from Needville, of course). The icon next to the address on that page is a link to a map website of that address for more details.

Oops, Mustang69 beat me to the punch!!

:doh:

My bad. I should have remembered your site. Thanks!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Go Lady Mustangs:D Good Lucky Ingleside :)

Know_It_All
05-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Any updates?