PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs Bellville

gtownfan
05-16-2010, 05:53 PM
One game series, Wednesday Night at 7, at Firemans Park in Brenham.

I figured Brenham would be the location, but a one game series was a suprise. But that's what Bellville wanted.

Reds fan
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
One game series, Wednesday Night at 7, at Firemans Park in Brenham.

I figured Brenham would be the location, but a one game series was a suprise. But that's what Bellville wanted.

Jeez, get there waaay early if you want a seat! Last year it was packed!

Reds fan
05-16-2010, 06:57 PM
And it's very clear that Bellville would want a one gamer!

zebrablue2
05-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
And it's very clear that Bellville would want a one gamer!

:iagree: had to have won the flip.. we have 2 pitchers, and the buffs have many. their 1 stud against ours for all the marbles. should be a classic!! go brahmas...........

nette_mom
05-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Whoo hoo Go Brahmas!!!!!!

hookandladder
05-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Wow, this should be a good one. Bellville got what they wanted with the one game playoff, Giddings has to be the team with all the pressure. Bellville has nothing to lose with Giddings being the team to beat, with Mueller on the bump anything is possible. D1 pitcher against D1 pitcher, who pitches the best and the team that makes the least errors should win. May have to make this game, Good Luck to both teams.

Daddy D 11
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
damn this will be a real good one!

hookandladder
05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
damn this will be a real good one!

Come on down Daddy.

trg
05-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Good luck Brahmas!!!!!

hookandladder
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Think I will be there by 6:00pm, should be a good one. This will be the 4th meeting between these 2 teams this year, the only difference this will be the first time this year Giddings has faced Mueller. Feel this game will come down to who can make the routine plays, Good Luck to both teams. Good job D-25.

Rule #76
05-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Giddings obviously won the toss to play wednesday forcing mueller to go on short rest. May not make a difference but you can't blame Giddings for trying. Should be a good game and a packed house.

BaseballUmp
05-17-2010, 02:24 PM
If they won to force him to go on short rest i dont see it working based on the comments ppl made about him throwing nearly 300 pitches in a few days this past weekend

Know_It_All
05-17-2010, 02:33 PM
I think that Mueller throwing so many pitches has to be a concern. Eventually his arm will tire. The question is will it do that come Wed. Chances are the Brahmas will have to use more than one pitcher. Would not be shocked to see Mueller come in as a relief pitcher to close out the game in the late innings. Who nows what will happen, may have to make the drive to watch this game.

Red Bull
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
This should be a good one. It kind of reminds one of last years one game second round battle between Bellville and #1 Cuero. Mueller pitched on heck of a game that night in Weimar to beat Cuero 3-0. Here to hoping he is on Wednesday night. If so this should be a great one at Fireman's Park in Brenham. Go Brahmas!

XMan
05-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that "Tippy" will be behind the plate????????

K-MAC Chuck
05-17-2010, 05:48 PM
who's broadcasting this one so we can get updates?

zebrablue2
05-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Is there any truth to the rumor that "Tippy" will be behind the plate????????

now that would be baseball at its finest:D

zebrablue2
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
who's broadcasting this one so we can get updates?

should be 94.1 FM in brenham!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
should be 94.1 FM in brenham!!

Will it be Randy Reets or if he gets lost will it be the Fan in the stands?

Red Bull
05-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Who was that FAN in the stands?

Bull's-eye
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Who was that FAN in the stands?

Milo Hamilton! :D

buff4ever
05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
look for the buffs to pull this one out. :D

buff4ever
05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
All those obnoxious bellville posters are trying to play the keep our mouth shut game, and hope we can open it later.

Not gonna work fellas. But it is worth a try I guess.

:D :D :D :D The ones I am talking about know who they are!:D :D

Will see you boys tomorrow night.

hookandladder
05-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Who is the home team.

Buffgal
05-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Giddings is in the 1st base dug out so I assume Buffs are visitors.

Giddings vs Bellville. Same motto...............S T I L L

Bulligator
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
All those obnoxious bellville posters are trying to play the keep our mouth shut game, and hope we can open it later.

Not gonna work fellas. But it is worth a try I guess.

I don’t consider myself an obnoxious Bellville poster as I seldom comment on here anymore. I’ve been too busy here in the Brazos Bottom and not much football news these days. What do you want those posters to say? Do you want them to trash your town, coaches and players? Do you want us to be like you and try to start some insignificant internet name calling?

I’ve heard that half your team doesn't play other sports to concentrate on baseball. Your players have probably participated in 100 other games since the state tournament last year. I believe you have 8 returning starters from a State runner-up team last year. You’ve lost only two games all year.

What do we have? Football, basketball, track and tennis players that enjoy the game as it was meant to be, and enjoy having fun and being together as a team. We had two starters returning from last year. We’ve lost 10 games, three of which have been losses to Giddings.

Is there even a chance of an upset? If you polled 100 people, 98 would say Giddings will win. The other two were probably drunk. Bellville wasn’t even supposed to get out of District this year, much less advance into the 3rd round of the playoffs. Our amateur team is having fun and living in the moment. Win or lose, they will take the memories with them for a lifetime. As I’ve heard others say, this is “Just Gravy”

I think Giddings is the team who has all the pressure and is worried about the game. Will that one bad game be this one? Will an error cost them a run? Will the bats go cold? Remember the Cuero game last year?

If I can get the neighbor to give me a ride tonight, I’ll be the one in the old faded red cap with the white B. And whether my teams wins or loses, I’ll applaud one team for a successful season and give the other best wishes as they continue in the playoffs. I know that this Bellville team will have smiles on their faces whether they win or lose. Let's Play Ball!

hookandladder
05-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
I don’t consider myself an obnoxious Bellville poster as I seldom comment on here anymore. I’ve been too busy here in the Brazos Bottom and not much football news these days. What do you want those posters to say? Do you want them to trash your town, coaches and players? Do you want us to be like you and try to start some insignificant internet name calling?

I’ve heard that half your team doesn't play other sports to concentrate on baseball. Your players have probably participated in 100 other games since the state tournament last year. I believe you have 8 returning starters from a State runner-up team last year. You’ve lost only two games all year.

What do we have? Football, basketball, track and tennis players that enjoy the game as it was meant to be, and enjoy having fun and being together as a team. We had two starters returning from last year. We’ve lost 10 games, three of which have been losses to Giddings.

Is there even a chance of an upset? If you polled 100 people, 98 would say Giddings will win. The other two were probably drunk. Bellville wasn’t even supposed to get out of District this year, much less advance into the 3rd round of the playoffs. Our amateur team is having fun and living in the moment. Win or lose, they will take the memories with them for a lifetime. As I’ve heard others say, this is “Just Gravy”

I think Giddings is the team who has all the pressure and is worried about the game. Will that one bad game be this one? Will an error cost them a run? Will the bats go cold? Remember the Cuero game last year?

If I can get the neighbor to give me a ride tonight, I’ll be the one in the old faded red cap with the white B. And whether my teams wins or loses, I’ll applaud one team for a successful season and give the other best wishes as they continue in the playoffs. I know that this Bellville team will have smiles on their faces whether they win or lose. Let's Play Ball!

That is pretty good stuff right there. With Mueller pitching and Bellville being the home team, I would say Yes Bellville has a chance to win. Good Luck to both teams.

XMan
05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
As long as the Brahmas wear red and white and have Bellville written across their chest, they have a chance.

Red Bull
05-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Great Post Bulligator! Giddings is a great team with great players. As we found out with #1 Cuero last year that team doesn't always win when it comes to a 1 game series.

Good luck Brahmas! We are proud of you win or loose.

XMan
05-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Seems that Bellville could find 9 or so guys that were committed to playing baseball pretty much year round. They could play together during the summer, have an offseason program during the fall, (athletic period w/baseball coach) then go to baseball in the spring instead of football period. With this model, Bellville would be a baseball powerhouse year in and year out. Why this doesnt happen I dont know. Not having baseball offseason just blows my mind.

Spread It Out
05-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Because it's Bellville and a Football first school. I don't care what you try to say to make it out that it's not a football first school but plain and simple: It is. I went through their athletics program for 4 years and I can tell you from experience; it's not going to change anytime soon.

XMan
05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, it is, and its wrong!

Spread It Out
05-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I would suggest changing their motives. Especially when your football program didn't make the playoffs, yet you have a baseball program who goes to the Regional Finals and then 3rd round of playoffs the following year.

hookandladder
05-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I am a baseball first guy however LG does not have baseball offseason and I have no problem with it. Football is King in Texas and no one is going to change that, football just takes more time from the kids to be successful. Football offseason with a good weight lifting program benefits all sports if done right.The main thing is to have an AD that will work with the all the Head Coaches in all sports.

XMan
05-19-2010, 04:28 PM
The main thing is to have players that are better than the other team's. The more you work at a sport, the better you get. Im not saying anyone quit football or that baseball is better or any of that. Im just saying that those who choose not to play football should have the opportunity to get better. Also, in my opinion it is just flat out wrong to have to go to "offseason" before you go to your "inseason" sport. How many football players have to shoot free throws or take batting practice before football practice in the fall? NONE. Why? Because that would be absolutely stupid! Its just about being fair to all involved. How is it fair to the Bellville baseball coach to say, "Yall field a team when football is over. Play hard, win some games but baseball isnt all that important. We are all about winning in football." That pretty much sucks if you ask me.

Spread It Out
05-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by XMan
The main thing is to have players that are better than the other team's. The more you work at a sport, the better you get. Im not saying anyone quit football or that baseball is better or any of that. Im just saying that those who choose not to play football should have the opportunity to get better. Also, in my opinion it is just flat out wrong to have to go to "offseason" before you go to your "inseason" sport. How many football players have to shoot free throws or take batting practice before football practice in the fall? NONE. Why? Because that would be absolutely stupid! Its just about being fair to all involved. How is it fair to the Bellville baseball coach to say, "Yall field a team when football is over. Play hard, win some games but baseball isnt all that important. We are all about winning in football." That pretty much sucks if you ask me.

That's exactly how it is at Bellville. Even if you don't play football, but you do participate in baseball, you have to go through spring training. It makes absolutely no sense.

Be_Advised
05-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Is anyone gonna post updates? I haven't read any where if there is gonna be a webcast of the game.

Brahma84
05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
After 2 the score is 0-0.

Know_It_All
05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Brooks Marlow hits solo shot, Masek follows with single, Ty Marlow then hits two run Bomb to dead center. 3-0 Giddings Top 3 1 out

SintonFan_inAustin
05-19-2010, 07:39 PM
thats the part of the order that can beat good pitching if a mistake is made.

Know_It_All
05-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Top 4 new pitcher for Bellville

SintonFan_inAustin
05-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Know_It_All
Top 4 new pitcher for Bellville did Giddings score again?

Know_It_All
05-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Going to the top of 5th 3-0 Giddings

Know_It_All
05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Brooks Marlow at 2nd with a web gem to end the Brahma's 5th. 3-0 still.

Know_It_All
05-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Bottom of 7th 3-0

Know_It_All
05-19-2010, 08:59 PM
3-0 F

Masek throws 1 hit shutout

hookandladder
05-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Having baseball players not go thru offseason program and practicing more will help you some but will not make you a power house, you have to have talent. If just more practice makes you a power house then why is Bellville football or any other school not a power house every year. Talent and athlete's, you have to have both. Bellville or any other team in 3A is not going to get many hit's off a pitcher like Masek, no matter how much they practice. Bellville's talent this year overall was just not as good as it has been in recent years. Mueller looked tired after the first inning last night, made some bad pitches and Giddings made him pay for them. Overall good game, Gaddis did a fine job after Mueller. Good season for Bellville with the talent they had.

Red Bull
05-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Congratulations to Giddings! They are clearly the better team. They are solid in all phases of the game and know how to play the game. The Marlow brothers sure made Mueller pay for a couple pitches left right over the plate. That is what great hitters do. The pitcher Masek is solid as well. Good luck to Giddings the rest of the way.

Congratulations to Bellville as well on a great season.

1st and goal
05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
I was totally impressed by the crowds that came to support their respective teams.

Blue stars go to Marlow making a diving snag at 2nd then snapping a laser to 1st for the final out.

Masek for pitching a 1 hit gem.

Bellville's relief pitcher for coming in, throwing his stuff and containing the Buffs for the remainder of the game.

Buff's left a handful of RISP. Could have used a timely hit or two but Masek was the Man of the day.

Enjoyed it. Great atmosphere. Great weather.

millcreek
05-20-2010, 08:14 AM
It was a good game. This was one of the few times I was pulling for Bellville. ;)

Gaddis would have been my starting pitcher; this is why..Giddings does better with the fast ball, than the off speed...especially early on when their bats are the fastest and.. BB coach had no idea how Mueller would do against giddings, which I believe was another mistake. I understand the reasons why you might not want to show mueller to giddings during regular season, but fast down the middle is a hitters dream.

The plate ump was VERY inconsistent. Mueller was robbed a few times.

Good luck to Giddings.

BrahmaMom
05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Haven't been to a game all year, but still proud of the team that represented us. Wanted to go, but my wise son suggested not changing a thing for the team and possibly breaking their groove. Congrats to Giddings on the win; congrats to our Brahmas on a great season! You are champions in Bellville!

1st and goal
05-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by millcreek
It was a good game. This was one of the few times I was pulling for Bellville. ;)

Gaddis would have been my starting pitcher; this is why..Giddings does better with the fast ball, than the off speed...especially early on when their bats are the fastest and.. BB coach had no idea how Mueller would do against giddings, which I believe was another mistake. I understand the reasons why you might not want to show mueller to giddings during regular season, but fast down the middle is a hitters dream.

The plate ump was VERY inconsistent. Mueller was robbed a few times.

Good luck to Giddings.

Mueller was given a few too. I didn't like the called 3rd strike that ended a bases loaded inning. It was low and outside. I wasn't the only one who didn't like it.

Reds fan
05-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Mueller was given a few too. I didn't like the called 3rd strike that ended a bases loaded inning. It was low and outside. I wasn't the only one who didn't like it.

Blue was very consistent in his inconsistency, for both teams.:)

Had no real bearing on outcome.

Continued success to Giddings!

Good season Bellville, lot of folks did not think you'd go this far!

XMan
05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Again, great job by both teams, Giddings was the better team so its good to see them move on. Bellville year in and year out does have above average talent when compared to other 3a schools. Take Bellville's above average talent (how many 3as have a pitcher that signed w/rice), a really good coach, and tremendous community support and add that to letting the guys practice from end of football on and no football in the spring and Bellville would go 3-5 rounds deep EVERY year. That, in my estimation is the definition of a powerhouse. Its not how good you are once or twice, but how good you are on a consistent basis.