PDA

View Full Version : Fields

PutMeInCoach
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Anyone have a playable field? lol What are the options for teams at this point? What is the UIL bylaws? Does it come down to a coin flip? What about for those teams that got game 1 in for the series?

Johnnypaycheck
05-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Nothing playable around Wharton.

If Game 1 was completed, and no other field could be found, then series goes to the game 1 winner.

I bet teams will be driving all over the state trying to find a dry field today.

Good luck to all those "still in the hunt"!

3afan
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM
THEY CAN GET THE OK TO PLAY MONDAY

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
THEY CAN GET THE OK TO PLAY MONDAY even if they've play 1 game already? I remember my senior year, we started a game in Kenedy, moved to Tuloso Midway and finished it in Laredo.

Looking4number8
05-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
even if they've play 1 game already?

thats a good question. Will the UIL force all series that have completed game one to be finals because I dont belive they allow a double header on a school night or allow teams to play both monday and tuesday? do they? I am just speculating. Any of you guys know?

allforball
05-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Game 1 would become the final. If they can get game 2 in before tonight and game 3 is needed, then they may play game 3 monday.

3afan
05-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
even if they've play 1 game already? I remember my senior year, we started a game in Kenedy, moved to Tuloso Midway and finished it in Laredo.

ya maybe not in that case --> 5-6 yrs ago I was working a 5A regional final (garland-rockwall) & we got game 1 in on friday but saturday was rained out so they had to revert to the one game

guess thats the chances these coaches take by playing fri-sat and not starting earlier in the week

SHSBulldog00
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Anyone have a playable field? lol What are the options for teams at this point? What is the UIL bylaws? Does it come down to a coin flip? What about for those teams that got game 1 in for the series?

Thanks for asking I had the same question.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2010, 11:09 AM
4a baseball game, Calallen vs CC Ray is suppose to be play in Calallen and just past there and they have alot of people trying to get the water off the field :)