PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Mom

95mustang
05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
How is the weather in Greenwood today? What is the outlook for tomorrow? Thats a long drive from Brownwood just to turn around and come back because of a weather cancellation.

Emerson1
05-14-2010, 02:29 PM
From her facebook

The storm is CRAZY right now......my daughter-in-law's are hiding in the closet at one of their mom's houses. I am in my downtown building on the 3rd floor, tornodo was spotted south of downtown.

Greenwood was in direct line of the tornado path. My oldest son is stranded there, no electricity, said the yard is flooded. Wind blowing hard but no circulation spotted yet.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
How is the weather in Greenwood today? What is the outlook for tomorrow? Thats a long drive from Brownwood just to turn around and come back because of a weather cancellation.

I don't know what is going on in Greenwood today, but if it is an outdoor thing, I don't see it happening today.

Midland is flooded right now.

My son is at my house and he said the back yard is completely under water.

I heard the interstate between Midland and Big Spring was closed.....may have opened back up now.

ccmom
05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Wow! I hope you are all safe and sound, RM.

Wylie/Clint baseball is supposed to be in Midland today and tomorrow, and Brownwood/Andrews is supposed to be in Greenwood. I guess neither of those series are likely to take place there.

95mustang
05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone. No sense in hitting the road today then.

ccmom
05-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Wylie/Clint baseball game is now scheduled for 7pm in Van Horn. 95Mustang, you should make the drive to Coleman for the Wylie/Brownwood softball game at 4:30.

LionKing
05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
My Daughter lives in Midland and they sent everyone home at her work around 2:00 pm because of tornado threats, hail, and heavy rain, so I'd say any games are very doubtfall right now.

stang92
05-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Anyone know where and when the series will be played or if Greenwood is still a go?

Ranger Mom
05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by stang92
Anyone know where and when the series will be played or if Greenwood is still a go?

I have no idea, but I can't see where Greenwood would be a go....they have almost every access road to Greenwood blocked off right now!

stang92
05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
I vote we move it 40 miles down the road to Andrews.