PDA

View Full Version : What team will Lebron play for next year?

Lucky2Coach
05-14-2010, 08:32 AM
I think Lebron and Dirk will be together next year, but it will be in a Knicks uniform.

StangEm
05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Chicago

kaorder1999
05-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
I think Lebron and Dirk will be together next year, but it will be in a Knicks uniform.

quite possible

DUKE22
05-14-2010, 08:52 AM
I think it will be Cleveland, and it should be. People can say what they want about big markets, the big stage, the place where Jordan played, the bottom line is money. Whatever he is offered Cleveland should double it and I mean it. Cleveland cannot afford to let him go. I am not a Cavs fan or a Lebron fan but letting him go would crush the franchise and the city. Pay him what he wants get the coach he wants and go from there.

Red&White_9x5
05-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I think it will be Cleveland, and it should be. People can say what they want about big markets, the big stage, the place where Jordan played, the bottom line is money. Whatever he is offered Cleveland should double it and I mean it. Cleveland cannot afford to let him go. I am not a Cavs fan or a Lebron fan but letting him go would crush the franchise and the city. Pay him what he wants get the coach he wants and go from there.

The bottom line to Lebron is not money. He wants to be with an organization that will put people around him to win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! I agree that him leaving will crush the city of Cleveland, but they could pay him $200 million and hire Phil Jackson as their coach, it won't matter. Until they go out and get a better supporting cast around him, they will not win. The dude had a triple double last night and they still got blown out. Why? Because he is all they have. I see him ending up in either New York or Miami making a lot of money and having people around him to help win the big one

BreckTxLonghorn
05-14-2010, 10:01 AM
1) If Dirk goes anywhere, it's Phoenix. There or Dallas only - I'd put $20 bucks on the first taker for the field.
2) You have to realize that there are firm limits to what LBJ can be offered in terms of salary. Right now, (if I'm correct), Chicago or New York can offer him a 'max deal', but it's the same amount of money as they are limited to what the cap allows them. Cleveland can offer more years and more money because they are the incumbent team. However, the workaround to that is a sign and trade, where Cleveland signs him to a max deal, then immediately trades him to another team for a few players as well as cap space. If LeBron wants money, he'll stay in Cleveland, as again, I don't see them filling their salary cap on a max deal for 4 mid level players because he's going to leave anyways.

If LeBron purely just wants to win, he'll probably be in Chicago, as he'll be able to dictate who his coach is, and be able to reasonably fill out a roster to his liking (they already have a group of great young players in Rose and Noah, plus he should be able to get a high guy willing to take a pay cut to win ie Bosh, or a solid mid-level guy). I think it's one of those two, and he only goes to NY if he's in love with D'antoni. Plus Chicago allows greater marketability $$$ than Cleveland, so even though he may not make as much in a max deal there, he'll make it up with sponsor revenue.

3) He may have had a triple double last night, but he was also a turnover away from a quad-double (9 tos). Get half of those chances back to score, and it's a much closer game with a minute left. His play was not impressive last night watching the game, at least not in the way you'd expect him to take over.

DUKE22
05-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
The bottom line to Lebron is not money. He wants to be with an organization that will put people around him to win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! I agree that him leaving will crush the city of Cleveland, but they could pay him $200 million and hire Phil Jackson as their coach, it won't matter. Until they go out and get a better supporting cast around him, they will not win. The dude had a triple double last night and they still got blown out. Why? Because he is all they have. I see him ending up in either New York or Miami making a lot of money and having people around him to help win the big one First of all the bottom line is always money. Second they have tried to put people with him for two years. I have listened to people for the last two years say now they have what they need. Then they get to playoffs and lose and they all of a sudden they dont have enough. He is the leader, he is the so called best player in the world, he has to take some of the blame. Everytime they lose its Mike Browns fault or its his supporting cast isnt good enough. Oh and by the way you dont go to New York to win championships LOL. You go for the money and the publicity. If he goes to New York then that proves what he wants.

Phil C
05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Lebron probably has enough money for the rest of his life and even up to his grandkid's life. He may go to LA if Phil stays there. With Kobe and Lebron both playing the Lakers would be a shoo in for an NBA title. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk would like to go there to get a ring. Lebron is young but Dirk doesn't have very many years left so he needs to go somewhere while he can play well.

Spread It Out
05-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't believe that it's not about money. LeBron is a smart man and is trying to become the 2nd ever billion dollar athlete. (http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/28/news/newsmakers/lebron_james.fortune/index.htm) His best chance to do this? Chicago or New York.

Emerson1
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
The bottom line to Lebron is not money. He wants to be with an organization that will put people around him to win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! I agree that him leaving will crush the city of Cleveland, but they could pay him $200 million and hire Phil Jackson as their coach, it won't matter. Until they go out and get a better supporting cast around him, they will not win. The dude had a triple double last night and they still got blown out. Why? Because he is all they have. I see him ending up in either New York or Miami making a lot of money and having people around him to help win the big one
Lebron has stated before that he wants to be a billionaire.

His supporting cast is better then what Dirk had in the playoffs. They won 61 games.

coach
05-14-2010, 11:11 AM
dirk is staying in dallas and lebron will most likely stay in cleveland

Gobbler Fan
05-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Da Bulls

eagles_victory
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Lebron has stated before that he wants to be a billionaire.

His supporting cast is better then what Dirk had in the playoffs. They won 61 games. They were both bad. The reason people say he has what he needs now is because they go out and get Mo Williams and Jamison but then when those guys disappear in the playoffs that is why the supporting cast gets questioned. Ill put 70 percent of the blame on Lebron though first mistake sitting out the last 4 regular season games I said when he did that it was a mistake. They never looked good in the Chicago series with the Bulls having the chance to steal games 2 and 5 in Cleveland up until the final 30 seconds and in game 1 in the win over Boston I knew they weren't going to win the series because Mo Williams wouldnt duplicate that kind of effort.

icu812
05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I wonder how much players think about state income tax? If LJ was to sign a 100M deal in NY he would pay 6.85M of that to the state. Plus, all his other income would be taxed as well. I'm no expert but I'm not sure he would really being making more money by going to NY.

PHS Wildcats
05-14-2010, 08:23 PM
LBJ ends up in Miami!!

District303aPastPlayer
05-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
LBJ ends up in Miami!!

that is quite real.
orlando has been talked about too.

Phil C
05-15-2010, 04:24 PM
One team overlooked is the Spurs. Manu and Tim still have a few years left and Tony is still young and with Lebron it would be a much better team. I know they got swept by Phoenic but with Lebron the sweep would probably be the other way. Dirk still has a few years left but with Tim you would have twin towers again and with Lebron, Manu and Tony along with a great bench the Spurs would be awesome. I am talking mainly a one year contract with SA for Lebron so he could get his ring and then move on for the money. Of course Pop is his own coach but that is what Lebron needs - a coach that knows how to get talent and use it. It would be awesome.

Phil C
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
What is amazing is that we are still in the playoffs and yet there is more news and interest about Lebron and his free agency than the playoffs.

Roc96
05-15-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm guessing L.A., but I'm not limiting it to the Lakers. I fully believe it's about LeBron "getting his." That means large market, because he wants the MONEY PLUS the notoriety. I don't think the Knicks can do it the way he wants. I do believe one of the LA teams can.

BaseballUmp
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
D Wade and LBJ to the Knicks...still dont see them being capable of producing a title

Phil C
05-15-2010, 06:39 PM
I still think he may sign for a one year contract with some help just to get a ring then go for the money. He is a young player and will still be so next year.

SintonFan
05-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
One team overlooked is the Spurs. Manu and Tim still have a few years left and Tony is still young and with Lebron it would be a much better team. I know they got swept by Phoenic but with Lebron the sweep would probably be the other way. Dirk still has a few years left but with Tim you would have twin towers again and with Lebron, Manu and Tony along with a great bench the Spurs would be awesome. I am talking mainly a one year contract with SA for Lebron so he could get his ring and then move on for the money. Of course Pop is his own coach but that is what Lebron needs - a coach that knows how to get talent and use it. It would be awesome.

I'm with you there Godfather!:clap: :)

Emerson1
05-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I still think he may sign for a one year contract with some help just to get a ring then go for the money. He is a young player and will still be so next year.
Ehhhhhhh no.

bp80884
05-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach

I heard Odessa Permian is a possible home for Lebron.

OMG, I can't believe I was the 1st person to say this!

eagleqb_14
05-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
Chicago i agree

Phil C
05-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I heard Odessa Permian is a possible home for Lebron.

OMG, I can't believe I was the 1st person to say this!

:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

bandera7
05-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Chicago. He wants to be the next MJ. The guy proposed the nmber 23 be retired from the entire NBA. He wouldnt get measured for a long while after he hit 6'6.75". He idolizes him to the point that he will follow in his steps in Chicago. And with Rose and Noah already there, they have a good young foundation ready for a few runs. LBJ will get to have a hand in who they bring in as well, and will attract alot of guys that just want a ring and will take paycuts and sign short term deals.

Farmersfan
05-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Labron will get so much money that ONLY the Yankees could afford the payroll that it would take to get another superstar around him! It doesn't matter if it's Cleveland, NY, LA, or Miami! None of those franchises have unlimited funds! There is a salary cap in the NBA!
And Labron is multinational! A change of venue doesn't increase or decrease his marketability! His fan base is all over the world. NY or LA wouldn't effect that!

eagles_victory
05-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Labron will get so much money that ONLY the Yankees could afford the payroll that it would take to get another superstar around him! It doesn't matter if it's Cleveland, NY, LA, or Miami! None of those franchises have unlimited funds! There is a salary cap in the NBA!
And Labron is multinational! A change of venue doesn't increase or decrease his marketability! His fan base is all over the world. NY or LA wouldn't effect that! Actually the Knicks could.

greenhornet
05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Probably somewhere far from Cleveland to keep Delonte West away from his momma....lol!

Spread It Out
05-17-2010, 03:08 PM
And Labron is multinational! A change of venue doesn't increase or decrease his marketability! His fan base is all over the world. NY or LA wouldn't effect that!

So if LeBron went to a team like Minnesota or Indiana he would have the same marketability as if he were in New York or Los Angeles? :doh: :hand:

Txbroadcaster
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
So if LeBron went to a team like Minnesota or Indiana he would have the same marketability as if he were in New York or Los Angeles? :doh: :hand:

yes he would..Lebron is past the point of needing the team he plays for to be a big market team for him to get advertising dollars.

Spread It Out
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
No he wouldn't, not even close. New York and Los Angeles or even Chicago would give him all the marketability he would need. One of the main reasons he's leaving Cleveland is because it's not a big enough market, and I can assure you Cleveland offers him a bigger market than Minnesota or Indiana would.

Txbroadcaster
05-17-2010, 03:57 PM
No he wouldn't, not even close. New York and Los Angeles or even Chicago would give him all the marketability he would need. One of the main reasons he's leaving Cleveland is because it's not a big enough market, and I can assure you Cleveland offers him a bigger market than Minnesota or Indiana would.

If he leaves Cleve your right part of it is the perception he is in a small market and he could get more in a bigger market..the truth is, that does not matter anymore..with sportscenter, internet and national tv games he is just as known playing in Cleveland as he is if he played in New York

There is not a national company saying right now..man we would love to pay Lebron to be our spokesman but we just cant do it because he plays for little ole Cleveland

Emerson1
05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2246/46174477673674bd5443o79.jpg

eagles_victory
05-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I heard 97.9 the beat out of Dallas making their pitch for Lebron. They are having callers call in and make their pitch at the top of every hour.

SintonFan
05-23-2010, 01:14 PM
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2246/46174477673674bd5443o79.jpg

There is something wrong with that picture. I can't put a finger on it...
wait a minute...

almost got it...

hold on...

Oh yeah! That trophy shouldn't be there.:D

eagleqb_14
05-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
There is something wrong with that picture. I can't put a finger on it...
wait a minute...

almost got it...

hold on...

Oh yeah! That trophy shouldn't be there.:D

if he goes to dallas i guarantee a championship

SintonFan
05-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
if he goes to dallas i guarantee a championship

uh huh...
:D

eagles_victory
05-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
uh huh...
:D A starting lineup of Kidd, possibly, Terry, Lebron, Dirk, and some hobo off the street or Dampier about the same level of production either way would get you 55 wins and probably playing the Lakers in the WCF.

In other news Cleveland fired Mike Brown could have an impact on the situation.

eagles_victory
05-24-2010, 01:18 AM
So if LeBron went to a team like Minnesota or Indiana he would have the same marketability as if he were in New York or Los Angeles? :doh: :hand: He is already playing in one of the worst media markets in the league and look what he has done.

greenhornet
05-24-2010, 09:18 AM
There was a statement released that the Mavs expect
Dirk to opt out, so even if LBJ goes there he won't have much talent around him. I would love to see Cuban wind up with no Dirk or LBJ, prolly would sell the team...lol

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 09:27 AM

The only advantage a move to New York or LA would give would be the initial uniform sells. (but that would happen with a move to ANY new market area). New York or La would NOT sell anymore tickets than Cleveland does and Labron's worldwide jersey sales would not be impacted in the least over the long run. Advertisers aren't lined up waiting for a market move before they are willing to give Labron their money. Labron is multinational already and a big market/little market arguement is moronic! just my opinion though!

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
A starting lineup of Kidd, possibly, Terry, Lebron, Dirk, and some hobo off the street or Dampier about the same level of production either way would get you 55 wins and probably playing the Lakers in the WCF.

In other news Cleveland fired Mike Brown could have an impact on the situation.

So then Dallas would have both Dirk and Labron disappear in the playoffs????? What does that help?

Emerson1
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
The only advantage a move to New York or LA would give would be the initial uniform sells. (but that would happen with a move to ANY new market area). New York or La would NOT sell anymore tickets than Cleveland does and Labron's worldwide jersey sales would not be impacted in the least over the long run. Advertisers aren't lined up waiting for a market move before they are willing to give Labron their money. Labron is multinational already and a big market/little market arguement is moronic! just my opinion though!
Lebron.

And yes, NY would sell a much larger amount of tickets. The knicks are huge in NY, they already had the 8th best attendance % and the 5th average attedance total a game in the league and they suck.

Farmersfan
05-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Lebron.

And yes, NY would sell a much larger amount of tickets. The knicks are huge in NY, they already had the 8th best attendance % and the 5th average attedance total a game in the league and they suck.

The Garden has a total capacity of 19763 and Clevelands Quicken Loan arena is 20562. Even if Labron fills the Garden in NY, they don't put more butts in the seats than the Cavs do!!!!

Spread It Out
05-24-2010, 02:38 PM
It's not just about selling jerseys or filling up stadiums. The guy has his own corporation now and it will expand a lot more rapidly in New York or Los Angeles than it would in Cleveland, Ohio.

Old Tiger
05-24-2010, 02:40 PM
It's not just about selling jerseys or filling up stadiums. The guy has his own corporation now and it will expand a lot more rapidly in New York or Los Angeles than it would in Cleveland, Ohio. No it won't lol. Its as big right now as it will ever be and there is no way it could get bigger.

Spread It Out
05-24-2010, 02:43 PM
If LeBron James wins a championship, or 6 (ala Michael Jordan) I promise you it will get bigger.

Old Tiger
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
If LeBron James wins a championship, or 6 (ala Michael Jordan) I promise you it will get bigger. Thats the only way but do you think if he went to the Clippers or Knicks he'd actually win a championship? He has better talent in Cleveland than those two teams. The only place that sounds reasonable to go to if he wants a championship would be Chicago.

Emerson1
05-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Thats the only way but do you think if he went to the Clippers or Knicks he'd actually win a championship? He has better talent in Cleveland than those two teams. The only place that sounds reasonable to go to if he wants a championship would be Chicago.
The Knicks are going to be 40 million under the cap next season. If they can move Eddy Curry and his 11 million then they will be 51 under the cap. David Lee will want at least 10 million, then from there give Lebron his 18 and they still have a lot of room left to work

Spread It Out
05-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Thats the only way but do you think if he went to the Clippers or Knicks he'd actually win a championship? He has better talent in Cleveland than those two teams. The only place that sounds reasonable to go to if he wants a championship would be Chicago.

That's why, IMO, Chicago is his #1. The only thing that would suggest he won't go to Chicago is that he'd be living in Jordan's shadow.

Old Tiger
05-24-2010, 02:53 PM
That's why, IMO, Chicago is his #1. The only thing that would suggest he won't go to Chicago is that he'd be living in Jordan's shadow. I was going to say that but decided not to so I deleted it from my original post to you.