PDA

View Full Version : Meyers Track Stadium Exit

Blackcat1954
05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
What exit do you take Off I 35 going North from San Antonio.

I should know by know after covering the meet fo so many years but forgot-My mind is going with my age..

I thought it was MLK and then you take left over the freeway

Then how do you get to that parking garage
Thanks

44INAROW
05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954

I should know by know after covering the meet fo so many years but forgot-My mind is going with my age..

Thanks

I can't think of the exit but MLK sounds right. We always park by the library and walk.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954

Thanks

Coming from SA is the MLK exit. It kind of sneaks up on you, so be wary.

(The rest of the directions are assuming the garage right next to the track.)

Take a left, cross over I35, and I believe its the second road on the right (Red River, the first available turn as the first road to your right is the one-way feeder), then your first left, which is Campus Drive. The road will lead you straight to the garage.

Warning: Depending on when you arrive, it will be packed, so either a left turn onto Campus Dr could take awhile, or the campus cops may temporarily ban left turns altogether. If so....

MLK Exit, Left onto MLK. THIRD road to the right is Trinity, and first right off of that is 20 1/2th, which will bring you to Campus at a 4-way stop, and you can take a left from there.

Check Google Maps if this doesn't make sense.

(FYI E. Campus Dr turns into Robert Dedman. Same road, different name depending where you are - much like every other road in Austin).

Blackcat1954
05-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks
My first event isnt until 3 but would like to be at the stadium by noon or so

Will leave Hungerford between 8:30 and 9 and its a 2 1/2 drive going the backway through Garwood to get on 71