PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Ennis head football coach, Coach Harrell

kaorder1999
05-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Sam Harrell, the Ennis football coach since 1994, is being temporarily reassigned to the position of director of the Ennis ISD's Careeer and Technology Education program. The reassignment will be effective in June, according to a news release from the school district.

Steve Marrow will become interim varsity football coach beginning June 5. He will direct the team through the 2010 season. Harrell has said he will be going out of the country this summer for treatments for multiple sclerosis.

Harrell has a record of 153-51 in 16 seasons at Ennis. He led teams to 4A state titles in 2000, 2001 and 2004.

The news release states that Harrell and Marrow participated in the decision-making process and agreed to it.

"At an appropriate time in the future, a reassessment of Coach Harrell's health, the condition of the football program, and any other concerns will be undertaken," said Dr. Barbara Qualls, the Ennis ISD superintendent.

"Coach Harrell's health is first and foremost on our minds," said Bill Cox, the Ennis ISD athletic director. "After discussions with everyone involved, we believe this is the best solution going forward with the best interests of Coach Harrell and the football program taken into full consideration."

LE Dad
05-13-2010, 09:01 AM
MS is a horrible disease to have to deal with. I hate to hear it has affected Coach Harrell.

I am sure that all of Texarkana will be saddened by this news.:( Prayers to Coach Harrell and family.

kaorder1999
05-13-2010, 09:01 AM
if you have never had the chance to meet this man then you need to! GREAT PERSON!

jockcity33
05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Coach Harrell does things the right way, the way God would want them to be done. I know he will with God's help will beat this disease. Coach Marrow is also a godly man and will continue to lead Ennis in the right way. Good luck to both men as they tackle the obstacles put in front of them.

bobcat4life
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
prayers sent

BEAST
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Ive known coach Harrell all of my life. When he was a coach here in Brownwood they lived a few doors down from us. Great man and great family. He raised the money necessary to go and seek these treatments.

Here is the rest of the story. I mentioned that when he was in Brownwood he lived a few doors down from us. Well a few doors on the other side of us was a family with kids that also got to know the Harrells well. There youngest daughter who is now married and lives in the Metromess also has MS. After Harrells money had been raised he found out about the girl, now grown woman, wife and mother. He then turned his attention to helping her raise the money. He told his foundation to get back to work to help her.

The measure of a Godly man............ even when all seems lost in your world, continue to help where you can for others. CLASS ACT.

BEAST

Maroon87
05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
A good buddy of mine was diagnosed with MS a couple years ago. Prayers to the coach and his family...

bwdlionfan
05-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
MS is a horrible disease to have to deal with. I hate to hear it has affected Coach Harrell.

I am sure that all of Texarkana will be saddened by this news.:( Prayers to Coach Harrell and family.

I didn't know he had ties to Texarkana?

CheerMom
05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Prayers sent...

LE Dad
05-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I didn't know he had ties to Texarkana? No real ties here other than coaching against T High a few times in the playoffs, but he earned alot of respect from T High fans by the way he conducted himself on the sideline and the way his kids conducted themselves on the field. That is not something you see much anymore. He is a class act.