PDA

View Full Version : Robinson vs. Carthage

44 Magnum
05-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Robinson 28-3 vs. Carthage 22-7 in Forney on Friday night. Will any playoff games be affected by wet weather this weekend. 50% chance of rain from today through the weekend. One game playoff ouch! Teams should have moved up game one to tonight to help the chances to at least get one game in before the bad weather hits.

Old Cardinal
05-13-2010, 05:13 PM
The winner will have to face a strong Orangefield Bobcat team laden with premium Seniors.

blackcatfan
05-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
The winner will have to face a strong Orangefield Bobcat team laden with premium Seniors.

Kinda getting ahead of yourself arent you? Orangefield has to win 2 series to get to that game, and the winner of Carthage/Robinson has to face the winner of Mexia/bullard before that round.......anything can happen, especially with the weather threat and possible one game play-offs!

Old Cardinal
05-14-2010, 12:36 PM
I probably should not have posted my thoughts....LOL

It's just that Bullard lost to Pleasant Grove 11-0 & 8-5....and Mexia went 6-4 in District and lost to Robinson 13-3 & 11-1.

Of course anything can happen in the playoffs--that's why we play the games..LOL

44 Magnum
05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Friday's game in Forney rained out! By the way, Robinson is 28-2! My Bad!

44 Magnum
05-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Robinson gets a little revenge from '08 with a 5-2 win over Carthage. This was a one game playoff. I heard Robinson will play district foe, Mexia next week. Robinson defeated the Blackcats 13-3 and 11-1 during district play. Anything can happen especially in a one game playoff. I think the Rockets would be heavily favored in a best 2 out of 3 series.

The Rockets improved to 29-2!

blackcatfan
05-15-2010, 09:04 PM
You are correct 44 magnum, Robinson vs Mexia next weekend, probably at Baylor stadium. Mexia defeated Bullard 6-1. Mexia is much improved and it should be a very interesting round! District 19AAA may have been stronger than anybody gave us credit for.

Old Cardinal
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Good luck to both teams; send a great representative forward in the bracket playoffs.

eagles_victory
05-16-2010, 07:32 PM
If Trey Davis pitches he can keep them in a game with anyone in the state.

lulu
05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Bullard's not too tough. Rumbelow ..ok ..but overated IMO.
I look for Robinson to be hard to takie down. Don't know anythink of Orangefield.

HI Old Card

Old Cardinal
05-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi LuLu: How did your nephew fair this season in baseball? Does it look like scholarships will come his way?

lulu
05-16-2010, 09:17 PM
He did good. We got put out in our first play off appearance by Hudson. We had a decent team but not consistent enough to go far.

He has some schools looking at him for both football and baseball. He prefers to play baseball. We will just wait and see how things work out next year. He is playing summer ball with the "Prospects" and starts 7 on 7 next week. It will be a busy summer for him.

Did very little pitching this year but that is ok by him.

WE will wait and see what plans God has for his life. He's a great young man with lots of natural ability and talent. But if you aren't part of a successful team you dont always get the look. Time will tell and as long as he is well rounded and happy that's fine with me.

How's Bridge City's team this year? I haven't kept up much past our district since I knew we would most likely not advance far.

Our girls track team took 3rd at state.

Good to heard from you. Linda

When I hve time I will PM you and talk more.