PDA

View Full Version : Huntsville (Sam Houston) Tea Party Illegal Immigration talk w/Rep. Debbie Riddle

big daddy russ
05-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Figured some Huntsville-area residents might be interested in this event.

Monday, May 17
7:00 PM

Alpha Omega Academy
Hwy 30
Huntsville, TX

State Representative Debbie Riddle, District 150, will be talking about the effects of illegal immigration and proposed bill H.B. 49, which was sponsored by Riddle.

The full text of the bill can be found here (http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HB00049I.htm).

FMI, here's the group's website. All information about the meeting can be found under the "Events" tab at the top of the home page.

Sam Houston Tea Party (http://www.samhoustonteaparty.org/)

PPSTATEBOUND
05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

SHSBulldog00
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I may drive up there that day.

big daddy russ
05-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I actually like this bill as it sits, unlike the craziness in Arizona. It doesn't put any undue pressure on our police departments (in AZ with SB 1070, a citizen is allowed to sue the local police if they feel that there are too many illegals in the area) and strengthens the ties of communication between two agencies that typically haven't had the funding or Congressional support to do so.

Only thing I worry about is the bill being marked up as it goes through Congress. Don't want it to turn into SB 1070.

Farmersfan
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Horrible bill! Won't help the issue in the least. The communication between the two agencies won't be stregnthened in the least. All this bill will do is prevent officers from addressing the nationality issue at all. (In my opinion). We need to make it EASIER for them to enforce the law. Not harder!

big daddy russ
05-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
All this bill will do is prevent officers from addressing the nationality issue at all. (In my opinion). We need to make it EASIER for them to enforce the law. Not harder!
How so?