PDA

View Full Version : 5A Tennis - New Braunfel's Lily Kimbell

44INAROW
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
LAKEWAY — New Braunfels’ Lilly Kimbell became the first Class 5A or 4A player to win four state tennis singles championships on Tuesday.
She beat Corpus Christi King’s Lindsey Tristan 6-3, 6-1 in the 5A final at Lakeway World of Tennis, giving her two 4A and two 5A titles for her career.

Kimbell is the sixth player in University Interscholastic League history to win four girls singles titles, but none had accomplished the feat at the UIL’s higher classifications before Kimbell.

Kimbell, who has signed to play at Georgia, never lost a set in four years of high schools singles matches. She also was part of three state team tennis titles with New Braunfels.

LINK (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/New_Braunfels_Kimbell_wins_fourth_straight_singles _title_93426384.html)

greenhornet
05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Outstanding! Imagine over her four years how many girls played HS tennis and not one could even take a set from her. Truly amazing!

Maroon87
05-11-2010, 03:14 PM
I have a feeling we will see her at Wimbledon before too long...:thinking:

eagles_victory
05-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I have a feeling we will see her at Wimbledon before too long...:thinking: I doubt it maybe as a really low seed but you have to understand how pro tennis works if she was that good she would already be playing professionally.

NastySlot
05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I doubt it maybe as a really low seed but you have to understand how pro tennis works if she was that good she would already be playing professionally.

she might be a newks kid......that tennis school is in the new braunfels attendence zone some of those kids that aren't home schooled at the ranch go to nbhs.

PutMeInCoach
05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
she might be a newks kid......that tennis school is in the new braunfels attendence zone some of those kids that aren't home schooled at the ranch go to nbhs.

Absolutely right!