PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside/Pearsall Softball

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Friday-Sinton 7:00 PM
Saturday-San Antonio 5:00 PM
Second game 30 minutes after first

CC Caller did not say where in San Antonio.

Third
05-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Northside Stadium is what I was told. It's just off 410 and Culebra. Right beside Gustafson Football Stadium. It's really easy to get to.

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Third
Northside Stadium is what I was told. It's just off 410 and Culebra. Right beside Gustafson Football Stadium. It's really easy to get to.

Thank you for the info. The CC Caller doesn't have anyone with enough sense to report this type of information.

PutMeInCoach
05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
How do these teams match up? I have Sinton, but not Pearsall.

oops, put Sinton because that is where game 1 is, I meant Ingleside.

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
How do these teams match up? I have seen Sinton, but not Pearsall.

I have heard Pearsall is a very good hitting team. However, Ingleside's pitcher Crystal Alvarado has 22 wins with over 200 strikeouts. Ingleside is a good hitting team with several players hitting over 400.

Phil C
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
How do these teams match up? I have seen Sinton, but not Pearsall.

This should be a two out of three series. I expect Ingleside to win Game one because they have the best pitcher (Alvarado) who is terrific and was trained for several years by the benefit of Riflearm. Pearsall is the better hitting team of the two but will lose game one since the Sinton softball field is batter friendly. But Pearsall should take game two in San Antonio because I think it is more batter friendly. Game three will be a big shootout between two great teams. I give the edge to Pearsall because of the better hitting but would love to be wrong. If Alvarado was pitching for Pearsall 3A would be in trouble with the hitters they have.

Third
05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I have heard Pearsall is a very good hitting team. However, Ingleside's pitcher Crystal Alvarado has 22 wins with over 200 strikeouts. Ingleside is a good hitting team with several players hitting over 400.

Pearsall pitcher has 21 victories and 145 Ks. She pitched all three complete games vs. Sinton. Oh, and she's only a soph.

NastySlot
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Pearsall pitcher has 21 victories and 145 Ks. She pitched all three complete games vs. Sinton. Oh, and she's only a soph.

and has the ablility to go yard as a batter.

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 10:58 AM

Sounds like this could stack up as a great series. Might be looking at rematch next year. Sounds like Pearsall has some very good players returning and Ingleside has only 4 seniors.:D

PutMeInCoach
05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a great matchup. Will definately be there Saturday.

Third
05-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds like this could stack up as a great series. Might be looking at rematch next year. Sounds like Pearsall has some very good players returning and Ingleside has only 4 seniors.:D

Pearsall has 4 seniors, but 3 are key starters including the catcher, SS and first baseman/CF.

It should be a great series. Both teams look evenly matched but softball's like baseball, sometimes the ball takes funny bounces. if both are on their game it should be entertaining (ie. nerve-racking).

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Pearsall has 4 seniors, but 3 are key starters including the catcher, SS and first baseman/CF.

It should be a great series. Both teams look evenly matched but softball's like baseball, sometimes the ball takes funny bounces. if both are on their game it should be entertaining (ie. nerve-racking).

Ingleside has the same situation. 3 of the 4 seniors are key to the team. The 4th senior gets quite a bit of playing time.
I planned to be at Friday's game in Sinton and I'm sure I will be a nervous wreck before I even get there and be a total disaster by the end of the game. :D

Third
05-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Ingleside has the same situation. 3 of the 4 seniors are key to the team. The 4th senior gets quite a bit of playing time.
I planned to be at Friday's game in Sinton and I'm sure I will be a nervous wreck before I even get there and be a total disaster by the end of the game. :D

You almost wish the games were 10-14 run routs either way sometimes, just to kill the nerves. :D

Roc96
05-11-2010, 12:25 PM
How do these teams match up? I have Sinton, but not Pearsall.

We played each of these teams three times this year. We were 1-2 against them both. We were outscored 12-10 by Pearsall, and 10-7 by Ingleside in the three games, respectively.

I agree it will be a shootout, but I really hesitate to pick one. Both pitchers earn their living on the outside edge of the plate, Ingleside with the drop ball, and Pearsall with the curveball. Both teams hit pitches very well out there. Pearsall hits the pitch on the inside better than Ingleside does, but both teams are able to get to it.

Pearsall has kicked the ball around some this year, partly because they are young, especially the 3rd baseman, who is a Fr. However, Ingleside's 3B is a sophomore, and does not move well.

Ingleside's defense is better, especially the left side (SS and LF). Ingleside's speed is better, in particular the 1 & 2 hitters.

It will be a fantastic series. That's for sure!

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
You almost wish the games were 10-14 run routs either way sometimes, just to kill the nerves. :D

Yes, but I would hate to see these kids (both teams) humiliated when they reach this level. They all have worked hard and we have 2 really good teams playing each other. It is a shame but one team will be going home for the season. Hopefully we will see some fantastic games and the fans will just have to put up with nerves.:D

Phil C
05-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I will be there wearing my Spurs cap on Friday night. Of course I will have go cheer for the district team Ingleside but won't be suffering nerves though. :) Then on Saturday I must support the Sinton Pirates who will be at home. Still those that come be sure to introduce yourself to me. Hope to see you there Mustang and look forward to being on the same side.

Phil C
05-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Yes, but I would hate to see these kids (both teams) humiliated when they reach this level. They all have worked hard and we have 2 really good teams playing each other. It is a shame but one team will be going home for the season. Hopefully we will see some fantastic games and the fans will just have to put up with nerves.:D

They key Mustang is how well your pitcher can last over several games. I think the Lady Mustanges will be able to get hits on Pearsall. The question will it be enough. That is what should make a great series that I wish I could see all the games. From what I have seen both teams' fans are great and the coaches and players show good sportsmanship. Two good teams going at it. May the best team win without controversy.

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I will be there wearing my Spurs cap on Friday night. Of course I will have go cheer for the district team Ingleside but won't be suffering nerves though. :) Then on Saturday I must support the Sinton Pirates who will be at home. Still those that come be sure to introduce yourself to me. Hope to see you there Mustang and look forward to being on the same side.

I intend to be there . As far as I know the War Department(wife) hasn't planned anything for Friday. Will be tickled having you sit on the Ingleside side. See you Friday. Good luck to the Sinton Pirates this weekend.

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 02:21 PM
They key Mustang is how well your pitcher can last over several games. I think the Lady Mustanges will be able to get hits on Pearsall. The question will it be enough. That is what should make a great series that I wish I could see all the games. From what I have seen both teams' fans are great and the coaches and players show good sportsmanship. Two good teams going at it. May the best team win without controversy.

I think our pitcher has the stamina for the series. I think a key factor in the game will be Ingleside's defense. They have played well all season. If they don't fall apart then maybe they can combat some of Pearsall's hitting to hold the score down.

Third
05-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I actually won't be making it there this weekend. Have other commitments. :(

Phil C
05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I actually won't be making it there this weekend. Have other commitments. :(

:(

Phil C
05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I am looking forward to it Mustang if nothing comes up. It will be nice to be on the same side. We fight it out in district but in the playoffs we are all on the same side.

truebluestang
05-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Ingleside will win this series without doubt. Pearsall was fortunate that Sinton's ace pitcher was hurt. Sinton won the first game with their #2 pitcher who pitched very little all year. Ingleside's pitcher will not allow many and Ingleside hits the ball better than Sinton so I see them putting up 7-9 per game. Sinton had no problem scoring runs- just ran out of pitching- should have went one game playoff.

44INAROW
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Ingleside will win this series without doubt. Pearsall was fortunate that Sinton's ace pitcher was hurt. Sinton won the first game with their #2 pitcher who pitched very little all year. Ingleside's pitcher will not allow many and Ingleside hits the ball better than Sinton so I see them putting up 7-9 per game. Sinton had no problem scoring runs- just ran out of pitching- should have went one game playoff.
I admit, I am not an authority on baseball mechanics, but how does a #2 pitcher "pitch very little all year"? Wouldn't she pitch on the #1 day off?

MUSTANG69
05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I admit, I am not an authority on baseball mechanics, but how does a #2 pitcher "pitch very little all year"? Wouldn't she pitch on the #1 day off?

In softball the No. 1 pitcher (she) pretty much pitches every game.
No.2 pitchers don't get that much time on the mound.

44INAROW
05-12-2010, 09:56 AM
In softball the No. 1 pitcher (she) pretty much pitches every game.
No.2 pitchers don't get that much time on the mound.

I see - makes sense.. I have 3 sons and didn't follow softball much :D

MUSTANG69
05-12-2010, 10:05 AM

I sure hope you are right. Just think this is going to be a very close series.:thinking:

Roc96
05-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Good luck entering a big series with that attitude, True.

MUSTANG69
05-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Roc96
Good luck entering a big series with that attitude, True.

I don't know how much effect True's positive attitude will have on the series but I would be very disappointed if the Lady Mustangs didn't think they could win going into this series. I don't think that is going to happen. These girls have some of the best attitudes I've seen for High School sports.

truebluestang
05-12-2010, 10:35 AM
It's not arrogance- just confidence.

MUSTANG69
05-12-2010, 10:53 AM
It's not arrogance- just confidence.

That's the way I read it. Didn't seem like arrogance to me.

pirate4state
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't know if Ingleside is really all that much of a better hitting team than us. I think we're pretty even. I know this is an obvious statement, but our strengths are in our 1-5 hitters. Both teams struggle in the bottom half of the order.

In our 2 district games Sinton had 9 hits to Ingleside's 12.

Pearsall's pitcher threw 314 pitches this weekend against us and we put up 22 runs on 31 hits against her.

I'll give Ingleside a slight edge because of their defense.

Good luck.

MUSTANG69
05-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know if Ingleside is really all that much of a better hitting team than us. I think we're pretty even. I know this is an obvious statement, but our strengths are in our 1-5 hitters. Both teams struggle in the bottom half of the order.

In our 2 district games Sinton had 9 hits to Ingleside's 12.

Pearsall's pitcher threw 314 pitches this weekend against us and we put up 22 runs on 31 hits against her.

I'll give Ingleside a slight edge because of their defense.

Good luck.

In a previous post I stated that Ingleside's defense might be a key factor in this series. Does anyone know how Pearsall's defense stacks up?

Roc96
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM
See my early post on the matchup.

Phil C
05-12-2010, 01:52 PM
If Ingleside's pitcher holds up then they have a great chance to win because Sinton scored on Pearsall. Just not enough in the last two games. Unfortunately even though our No. 2 pitcher did a good job for us it still wasn't the same as having your ace play and that was what hurt us in the second games when we played in a more friendly hitters field.

pirate4state
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, when you are throwing your JV back up in a playoff game, it can't be good. She did a fine job though. Good experience for her. :clap:

OnceABucJr
05-12-2010, 03:07 PM
(I sound like Phil now) In 1998, in Sinton's last game of year (against Ingleside no less!), Sinton's #1 pitcher broke arm and #2 pitcher broke ankle. JV pitcher got us to 2nd round in the playoffs.

MUSTANG69
05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
(I sound like Phil now) In 1998, in Sinton's last game of year (against Ingleside no less!), Sinton's #1 pitcher broke arm and #2 pitcher broke ankle. JV pitcher got us to 2nd round in the playoffs.

I wouldn't wish that on any team. Let's just hope nothing like that happens in the Ingleside/Pearsall series. Prefer to see all the players from both teams start and finish the series .

pirate4state
05-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Top 6
Pearsall 2
Ingleside 3

pirate4state
05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Tied @ 3 headed to the bottom of the 7th, top of Ingleside's order up

pirate4state
05-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Ingleside wins game 1, 4-3

Phil C
05-15-2010, 07:15 AM
This was a great game and both teams fought back. The game or games in San Antonio today should be very good. It was great to watch the game and visit with Mustang69. I look for both teams to score more runs in San Antonio. Of course that probably means it will be 1 - 0 type games. :)

Roc96
05-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Can anybody update?

Phil C
05-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Roc I think the game was supposed to start at 5 in San Antonio. Unfortunately we may not get updates because MUSTANG69 was not able to make the game today.

pirate4state
05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Ingleside wins game 2, 19-5

Phil C
05-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Be nice if Ingleside could play next week again in Sinton for at least one game.

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Be nice if Ingleside could play next week again in Sinton for at least one game.

Ingleside will be playing Needville. I don't the games have been announced yet.

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Be nice if Ingleside could play next week again in Sinton for at least one game. I think you'll be out of luck this week Phil.

We played Needville @ Weimar last year. Maybe we can host Lyford/La Grange though. :D

coxjj
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I think you'll be out of luck this week Phil.

We played Needville @ Weimar last year. Maybe we can host Lyford/La Grange though. :D

I thought Needville/Sinton was in Shiner last year. My guess is maybe Victoria for Needville/Ingleside. But that's just a guess. I'll post here when I find out the details.

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by coxjj
I thought Needville/Sinton was in Shiner last year. My guess is maybe Victoria for Needville/Ingleside. But that's just a guess. I'll post here when I find out the details. Oh yeah :doh: I think I wanted to play at Weimar haha ;)

Phil C
05-17-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought Needville/Sinton was in Shiner last year. My guess is maybe Victoria for Needville/Ingleside. But that's just a guess. I'll post here when I find out the details.

QUICK MUSTANG69! CALL THE INGLESIDE COACHES AND TELL THEM THEY DON'T WANT TO USE VICTORIA CHAPTER UMPIRES!

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 10:56 AM
QUICK MUSTANG69! CALL THE INGLESIDE COACHES AND TELL THEM THEY DON'T WANT TO USE VICTORIA CHAPTER UMPIRES!

You are probably right. I don't even want the game played in Victoria. Those people up their are jerks. :mad:

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 12:40 PM
You are probably right. I don't even want the game played in Victoria. Those people up their are jerks. :mad: St. Joe's does have a very nice complex though.

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
St. Joe's does have a very nice complex though.

St. Joe would be alright. I was referring to Victoria ISD

coxjj
05-17-2010, 01:13 PM

Needville played La Vernia at St. Joe's last year and it seemed fine to me. The only thing I remember that was negative were some "checked swing" calls that were called strikes when the batters didn't nothing more than lift their bats off their shoulders. But it was consistent (both sides) and you adjusted. I took it as a kind of overcompensation of a rule change on the umpires part. But overall, it seemed like a good place to play. It was only 2 games, so I don't know of any history (good or bad).

Phil C
05-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Still you don't want umpires from the Victoria District. Trust me on this one.

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Still you don't want umpires from the Victoria District. Trust me on this one.

I believe you. I actually just called Ingleside High School and toldl them to stay away from Victoria. It is evidently too late. They told me it isn't confirmed but they were trying to get Victoria. Maybe they can get umpires from somewhere else. I don't know how that works.

Roc96
05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Ask Marquardt if he'd prefer San Antonio chapter officials. Then, post his response.

pirate4state
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Roc96
Ask Marquardt if he'd prefer San Antonio chapter officials. Then, post his response. bahahaha

I'd go further north :D

coxjj
05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I believe you. I actually just called Ingleside High School and toldl them to stay away from Victoria. It is evidently too late. They told me it isn't confirmed but they were trying to get Victoria. Maybe they can get umpires from somewhere else. I don't know how that works.

I am hearing the same info ... waiting on a response from St. Joe's. I, also, don't know how the umpires are selected.

coxjj
05-17-2010, 02:07 PM
It's 1 game, Fri, 7pm, @ St. Joe's. Needville is home team.

MUSTANG69
05-17-2010, 02:29 PM
It's 1 game, Fri, 7pm, @ St. Joe's. Needville is home team.

D__n! I was hoping for 2 out of 3 series. I can't get there Friday but I could get there Saturday.

coxjj
05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
D__n! I was hoping for 2 out of 3 series. I can't get there Friday but I could get there Saturday.

Yes, us too. We lost the flip for the series, but won the flip for home.

Phil C
05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
I think you'll be out of luck this week Phil.

I think we had some extra movable stands that we got rid of. It is a shame. We could have added them on the other side of the visitors' dugout if we needed them for big playoff games.

Phil C
05-17-2010, 08:34 PM

MUSTANG this is one time maybe that a one series may be to your advantage. Just no errors please.

MUSTANG69
05-18-2010, 09:19 AM
MUSTANG this is one time maybe that a one series may be to your advantage. Just no errors please.

A one game series is probably best if their pitcher is as good as some people say. I guess we'll know Friday night.