05-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
who wins in each classiication? My picks are:

5A Abilene
4A Denison
3A Celina
2A Daingerfield
1A Quinlan Boles

Quinlan Boles lost to Collinsville last year in the first round of the playoffs. Goldthwaite shut out Collinsville in the first game of the season. With 7/9 starters returning, Goldthwaite is the favorite right now to win state again IMO.

eagles_victory
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Quinlan Boles lost to Collinsville last year in the first round of the playoffs. Goldthwaite shut out Collinsville in the first game of the season. With 7/9 starters returning, Goldthwaite is the favorite right now to win state again IMO. Team A beat Team B... Team B beat Team C so Team A beats Team C logic?

bwdlionfan
05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Team A beat Team B... Team B beat Team C so Team A beats Team C logic?

We all know that logic never works... but I would have to agree on Goldthwaite being the favorite in 1A

bigwood33
05-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
who wins in each classiication? My picks are:

5A Abilene
4A Denison
3A Celina
2A Daingerfield
1A Quinlan Boles

Div 1 or Div 2?

eagles_victory
05-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
We all know that logic never works... but I would have to agree on Goldthwaite being the favorite in 1A I agree also they will be my pick as well.

bobcat4life
05-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Div 1 or Div 2? Im just picking one team per classification who I think wins it. D1 or D2 it doesnt matter

orange machine
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Denison will not win a title. I think Daingerfield has a good chance, but they will not be running over teams like they have the last two years. Celina always seems to have a good shot and I know nothing about 1a or 5a.

Txbroadcaster
05-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think Daingerfield has a good chance, but they will not be running over teams like they have the last two years. .

I think D-Field will possibly be BETTER this year than the last couple of years.

Pick6
05-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Quinlan Boles lost to Collinsville last year in the first round of the playoffs. Goldthwaite shut out Collinsville in the first game of the season. With 7/9 starters returning, Goldthwaite is the favorite right now to win state again IMO.

Collinsville I think went 3 or 4 rounds deep and they return everything this year. If the kids stay clean, which is what hurt them last year because a couple didn't, watch out for them this year.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Collinsville I think went 3 or 4 rounds deep and they return everything this year. If the kids stay clean, which is what hurt them last year because a couple didn't, watch out for them this year.

Colinsville lost in the 3rd round to the underdog Haskell team 51-35. Then Haskell got dumped 42-7 to a very good Canadian team in the Semis..

Collinsville should have another good year, and give me Goldthwaite for the title.

bobcat4life
05-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Denison will not win a title. I think Daingerfield has a good chance, but they will not be running over teams like they have the last two years. Celina always seems to have a good shot and I know nothing about 1a or 5a. I think Denison has a good chance with the players they have coming back. Daingerfield is almost a given. I just guessed on 1A and Abilene has the Sims boys back this year, which makes them the favorite in my opinion.

Eagle 1
05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Thats true, but here is why said that.
Quinlan Boles lost 56-21 to Collinsville who finished 7-6 last year.
Collinsville was up 34-7 at half. Collinsville was up 34-0 with 7 seconds INTO the second quarter.
If Quinlan Boles can't hang with Collinsville, then I don't see them winning state.

Collinsville lost to Goldthwaite 34-0 (not even close)

IHStangFan
05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Collinsville was up 34-7 at half. Collinsville was up 34-0 with 7 seconds INTO the second quarter.
If Quinlan Boles can't hang with Collinsville, then I don't see them winning state.

Collinsville lost to Goldthwaite 34-0 (not even close) Still doesn't really hold water...it's more about match ups. A few years back....Needville DESTROYED 4A Port Lavaca a couple of years in a row....the same Port Lavaca team that whooped up on Ingleside. With that said....I'm betting NOBODY would have picked Needville as a 30+ point favorite over Ingleside if they would have played. Some teams just stack up better against some than others. Does it mean Team A is BETTER than Team B? I guess it depends on what offenses they run and what Team C runs on D......see how it perpetuates? Hence why the kids play the games.

PPSTATEBOUND
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM

I road the bus all the way to the State Championship using this logic....usually works to a T....of course there are always the xceptions....as will always be pointed out.

BaseballUmp
05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
will then would you also expect that playing a team in district and winning that game means that if you see them again in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs you win again?

PPSTATEBOUND
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
will then would you also expect that playing a team in district and winning that game means that if you see them again in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs you win again?

A win is never a given...specially in a rematch late in the playoffs.

All rankings systems are based on the A Vs. B Vs. C thingys. very hard to ignore or b overlooked.

Pick6
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Collinsville lost to Goldthwaite 34-0 (not even close)

Quilan Boles had a stud QB, he got hurt very early in the game. Quilan Boles fell apart from that moment on. Collinsville's best 2 players missed most of the year do to personal choices.

Eagle 1
05-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Q Boles would still have to get past Canadian next year to even reach the finals.;)
If I'm not mistaken, I think their stud qb is a Sr. this year.

Lucky2Coach
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
These are all my homer picks:

5A- Trinity
4A- CUJO
3A- Sweeny
2A- ?????
1A- Canadian

garciap77
05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
My picks are:

5A Abilene
4A Denison
3A Abilene Wylie
2A Daingerfield
1A Quinlan Boles

Rabid Cougar
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

Ask LaVega from 2007.