PDA

View Full Version : The End of the Big XII near

NastySlot
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
heard Big 10 has offered Missouri and Nebraska...also ND and Rutgers.. to join them.... anyone else hear this?

LE Dad
05-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
heard Big 10 has offered Missouri and Nebraska...also ND and Rutgers.. to join them.... anyone else hear this? I have not heard it officially, but rumors are swirling, along with rumors of SEC wanting to add some Texas teams to go to 16 teams and Pac 10 possibly looking at Colorado if it chooses to expand.

NastySlot
05-10-2010, 05:26 PM
just caught the end of it on espn news

LE Dad
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow that would be a hard choice for Nebraska. They would possibly lose the Oklahoma game. Missouri would lose some recruits, but I think with the Big 10 Network money and a chance to play some comparable competition at least 1 may bolt.

TexMike
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Pretty weak statement from Missouri:

"The University of Missouri is receiving numerous inquiries related to public speculation about conference membership. MU is a member of the Big 12 Conference and will not respond to speculation about conference realignment. Mizzou continues to be grateful for all the interest shown in and support for the university."

BaseballUmp
05-10-2010, 05:41 PM
anyone else get an authentication required pop up on them when opening this?

Emerson1
05-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I did

NastySlot
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM

yeah something for the sa chapter of football officials..........bet it's texmike

BaseballUmp
05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
thats what i figured

jdawg2012
05-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Haven't heard anything on those schools but I have heard something about A&M possible going to Conference USA.

jdawg2012
05-10-2010, 05:50 PM

ditto:thinking:

DU_stud04
05-10-2010, 05:52 PM
anyone else get an authentication required pop up on them when opening this? +1

Daddy D 11
05-10-2010, 05:56 PM
had something pop up on me too

BreckTxLonghorn
05-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by jdawg2012
Haven't heard anything on those schools but I have heard something about A&M possible going to Conference USA.

Where did you hear this? Absolutely no way in Hell that happens.

NastySlot
05-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Where did you hear this? Absolutely no way in Hell that happens.

probably heard it "sittin in school"

TheDOCTORdre
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM

i did

slingshot
05-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Me too... so who is Tex Mike and how can he put a pop-up on 3adl?

TexMike
05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Apologies We recently upgraded security on our chapter website and the image in my sig was demanding a password. Fixed now

coach
05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
i opened a link with pics of p4s and i had something pp up for me too

Green Bling
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
heard Big 10 has offered Missouri and Nebraska...also ND and Rutgers.. to join them.... anyone else hear this?

I got this in an email from the Journal Star newspaper in Lincoln.

NU: There's been no offer
Posted by: Brian Christopherson on May 10, 2010 at 3:40PM CST
Plenty of speculation today concerning Nebraska and the Big Ten. But speculation is all it is, according to university personnel.
University spokesperson Meg Lauerman just released a statement saying that Nebraska has not been offered a move to the Big Ten.
"We recognize the intense speculation about conference realignment and the possible impact it may have on Nebraska. Both Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Athletic Director Tom Osborne have indicated that the university would consider any opportunity that would advance the interests of the university," Lauerman said.
"The University of Nebraska has not been offered any opportunity to move from the Big 12. We remain committed to the success of the Big 12 Conference. Until the Big Ten Conference makes and announces its decision on expansion, the University of Nebraska will have no further comment and we do not intend to continue to respond further to questions or speculations on this subject."

NastySlot
05-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I still haven't caught what espn has been reporting.....but IDK...the offer to ND and Rutgers has me wondering...the Big East had good faith clause for their schools....after bc, va tech and miami all bailed ...there is a waiting period of like two and half years before a school could leave and then there is a big financial penality on schools that leave.

Old Dog
05-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Sports Illustrated had a big article about 4 possible alignments that "COULD" take place. Fairly interesting. Part of another article I read said the was no way in hell the Texas Legislature would ever let UT and A&M to different ways!!!!!

crzyjournalist03
05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
I guess the other conferences are starting to get the idea:

If you can't beat the Big XII, have them join you!

NastySlot
05-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I guess the other conferences are starting to get the idea:

If you can't beat the Big XII, have them join you!

funny

playnhurt
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have not heard it officially, but rumors are swirling, along with rumors of SEC wanting to add some Texas teams to go to 16 teams and Pac 10 possibly looking at Colorado if it chooses to expand.

Rumors of the SEC wanting to add teams is news to me. What Texas teams would they be courting?

LE Dad
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by playnhurt
Rumors of the SEC wanting to add teams is news to me. What Texas teams would they be courting? I heard on U of Ark. radio that if the Big 10 expands that it was not "if" but when the SEC was going to 16 teams and that both LSU and the Hogs are pushing to get some Texas teams into SEC. Teams mentioned were TCU, SMU, Texas and A&M together, and possibly OSU.

Now that was some Arkie "talking head" on the possibilities, but it would be interesting to see what they can pull off. Both LSU and the Hogs would benefit recruiting standpoint and no doubt Texas schools would benefit from increased revenue in a 16 team super conference.

JJWalker
05-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by coach
i opened a link with pics of p4s and i had something pp up for me too
ROFL :clap:

sahen
05-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I heard on U of Ark. radio that if the Big 10 expands that it was not "if" but when the SEC was going to 16 teams and that both LSU and the Hogs are pushing to get some Texas teams into SEC. Teams mentioned were TCU, SMU, Texas and A&M together, and possibly OSU.

Now that was some Arkie "talking head" on the possibilities, but it would be interesting to see what they can pull off. Both LSU and the Hogs would benefit recruiting standpoint and no doubt Texas schools would benefit from increased revenue in a 16 team super conference.

the SEC commish said at some meeting with all the other commishes either last week or the week before that if the Big 10 went to 16 teams then they would too...other than that i think they will stay where they are...i highly doubt they add TCU and SMU, i would think the SEC would take UT, A&M, OU, and Okie State if they could though it is pretty widely assumed UT would not go to the SEC for academic reasons....also, i would think the SEC would probably only take 2 schools from the west and then try to grab 2 schools from the east, taking schools from one side does not expand TV viewers (aka $$$) like it would if they took from both sides...on a side note the Big 12 is not idling during all of this, they have entered negotiations with the Pac10 to make a super network to rival or even surpass the Big 10 network where the Big 12 and Pac 10 would share the revenue from the network which could arguably make the money issue for Nebraska or Mizzou switching a moot point esp. if they stick w/ the Big 12 until the next major TV agreement comes up to be done....i personally think the Nebraska powers would rather stay in the Big 12 and make it better, Mizzou on the other hand wants to go, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out....

Phil C
05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
There is also some rumors on Texas going to the Pac 10. This worries me because I remember the pac 10 officials rooked Oklahoma in a game against Oregon a few years ago.

ziggy29
05-12-2010, 10:44 AM
All this jockeying for position and looking to expand is starting to smell like we'll have four 16-team "superconferences" when the smoke clears, which would basically be the "new BCS."

Would make a 4-team playoff simple to implement...

rojosgirl
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
:1omg!:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

LE Dad
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
All this jockeying for position and looking to expand is starting to smell like we'll have four 16-team "superconferences" when the smoke clears, which would basically be the "new BCS."

Would make a 4-team playoff simple to implement... I agree! It sounds like some big shakeups could be coming. :thinking:

SHSBulldog00
05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Now the Big Ten is denying reports of expansion.

ziggy29
05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Now the Big Ten is denying reports of expansion.
Which I don't buy. The Big Televen and the Pac 10 *know* they are being hurt by the lack of a conference championship game; their teams are usually "out of sight, out of mind" by the time the polls vote after the conference championships.

Their teams are clearly being hurt in the final BCS standings because of it. A conference championship game gives the conference champ another high quality win and boosts their strength of schedule considerably.

The only way to stop that is to expand to at least 12.

Phil C
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
NEBRASKA PLEASE!

DON'T GO! :(