PDA

View Full Version : 7-On-7 and Regular Season

Bullaholic
05-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Do teams who do well, or win the 7-on-7 tournaments, generally do well in the regular season?

Matthew328
05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Generally yes.

Bullaholic
05-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Generally yes.

Thanks, Matt. I may be going to the wrong places to look, but I wish somebody would do a true "bracket" on the 7-on-7's this season.

Matthew328
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Here's the final 8 from the Division 1 State Tournament last year

Coppell 3rd rd 5A
Lake Travis State Champs 4A
Cy Fair 0-10 Whoops
Arlington Lamar 5A Bi-District
Jersey Village 3-7 Whoops
Round Rock Stony Point 5A State Semi-Finals
DeSoto 5A Area Round
Denton Guyer 4A Semi-Finals

Division 2
Celina 3A Area Round
Rice Consolidated
Brownwood
Burnet
Graham 3A State Finalist
Cameron Yoe
Glen Rose
Hitchcock

not sure off the top of my head how some of the smaller schools did

VWG
05-10-2010, 10:56 PM
It helps with QB-WR timing, getting routes down. DB's and some LB's it will help with pass coverage.
That's it.
If you're running the split veer, slot T, wing T... it's a productive way to keep your kids in shape.

I honestly think it's getting overblown due to money. High School sports in general is getting more and more involved with "how to make more money". I'm not talking about money that goes back into computers for the classroom, new lights for an old stadium, etc... It's lining the pockets of some marketing geniuses.

Fire away boys. :cool:

Matthew328
05-11-2010, 06:46 AM
I dont diagree

Bearkat
05-11-2010, 09:00 AM
7 on 7 reminds me of NFL football. It is designed, and the rules are based, for offensive production. 7 on 7 is good for a passing offense, yet terrible for your defense.

Matthew328
05-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I think it really helps your defense..you put your kids in pressure type situations that really help....they are at a disadvantage so they learn to use their feet and be in the right position without being physical....in turn on Friday night they are that much better because now they aren't at a disadvantage

Spaceman_Spiff
05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by VWG
It helps with QB-WR timing, getting routes down. DB's and some LB's it will help with pass coverage.
That's it.
If you're running the split veer, slot T, wing T... it's a productive way to keep your kids in shape.

I honestly think it's getting overblown due to money. High School sports in general is getting more and more involved with "how to make more money". I'm not talking about money that goes back into computers for the classroom, new lights for an old stadium, etc... It's lining the pockets of some marketing geniuses.

Fire away boys. :cool:

Spiff can't "fire away" because he agrees with VWG. Maybe the financial statement made by VWG is why Coaches received the "non-school participation" letter from the UIL.