PDA

View Full Version : 2010 World Chess Championship is even at 5 1/2 to 5 1/2!!

Phil C
05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
This world championship in chess is being played at Sofia, Bulgary between Viswanathan Anand of India and Veselin Topalov of Bulgaria. After 11 games it is tied at 5 1/2 to 5 1/2. The last regular game will be tomorrow and the winner will win the world championship. If they draw then the winner will be determined by blitz games on May 13 (I hope it doesn't come down to that). It is exciting indeed as we await to see who wins.

LE Dad
05-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This world championship in chess is being played at Sofia, Bulgary between Viswanathan Anand of India and Veselin Topalov of Bulgaria. After 11 games it is tied at 5 1/2 to 5 1/2. The last regular game will be tomorrow and the winner will win the world championship. If they draw then the winner will be determined by blitz games on May 13 (I hope it doesn't come down to that). It is exciting indeed as we await to see who wins. Keep me posted Phil. I love to play chess, but I fear that it is not a great spectator sport.:D

Phil C
05-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Game 12 has began and has gone on for 27 moves. Topolov has the advantage of being white but Anand has held his own. In fact everything is even but Anand has a slight advantage of a bishop vs knight type ending but I don't think it will be enough.
Unfortunately this game is going to end in a draw and the match will be decided by Blitz chess. :(

Phil C
05-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Well in a surprise Anand won with black and too the match and retains the world championship match. It was a great match by two great players. I haven't looked up the game but I was sure it was going to be a draw when I last looked over the game. Maybe Anand's biship had enough of an advantage over Topolov's knight but I trhink probably what happened is somehow Topolov made an error that cost him the game and match. Excitement indeed.