PDA

View Full Version : Interesting controvery at A & M should prompt lively discussion.

Old Cardinal
05-10-2010, 10:29 AM
http://www.khou.com/news/local/In-State-Tuition-For-Illegal-Immigrants-92914259.html

PPSTATEBOUND
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
They have no rights whatesoever. So I totally agree with the protesters.:)

MUSTANG69
05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
"Illegal" means illegal. Criminals do not have rights like non-criminals. People who pay taxes are paying higher tuition and paying for these criminals' education.:mad:

Farmersfan
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
"Illegal" means illegal. Criminals do not have rights like non-criminals. People who pay taxes are paying higher tuition and paying for these criminals' education.:mad:

I will agree 100% if we decide these people are criminals and take action against them. But as long as our Government is allowing them to stay here illegally then they have just as much right to the same education that we get. They pay sales taxes just like we do! They pay income taxes just like we do! and they pay property taxes just like we do if they purchase property!

MUSTANG69
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I will agree 100% if we decide these people are criminals and take action against them. But as long as our Government is allowing them to stay here illegally then they have just as much right to the same education that we get. They pay sales taxes just like we do! They pay income taxes just like we do! and they pay property taxes just like we do if they purchase property!

I don't know who the "we" you are talking about is. I guess the more liberal minded people of this country think they make all decisions for this country. I'm sorry but I disagree. These people have no right to be in this country: therefore, have no rights to a cheaper education than the rest of the people of this country. Let Mexico take care of their own. The people of Mexico should develop a government that will provide an education for them. The taxpayers of the U.S. are not obligated to educate the poor of Mexico. It is difficult enough to educate our own children.

BaseballUmp
05-10-2010, 11:33 PM
If they aren't a legal citizen of said state in which the university is located, then how in the world do they pay in state tuition?

JasperDog94
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Nobody can seem to make an argument as to why these students are even allowed in the university, much less paying in-state tuition. Somebody obviously had to let them in and that person should be fired. There's absolutely no excuse for this.

BaseballUmp
05-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I mean i could understand if they are here legally on a student visa...one of my roommates right now is from Columbia and im not sure how he pays, but i mean atleast its all legal and everything, and I doubt that him being on a visa gives him in state tuition rates...its probably even more

BullsFan
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM

They pay sales tax, yes, but many of them do not pay income or property taxes. The federal government is doing what it can to stop the practice of paying cash for "contract labor", but it still goes on. And for those doing "contract labor" very few of them own property. They rent, they pay cash for their rent and utility bills, and they have pay-as-you-go phones for phone service.

Farmersfan
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
They pay sales tax, yes, but many of them do not pay income or property taxes. The federal government is doing what it can to stop the practice of paying cash for "contract labor", but it still goes on. And for those doing "contract labor" very few of them own property. They rent, they pay cash for their rent and utility bills, and they have pay-as-you-go phones for phone service.

The bottom line is: Are we going to make them a criminal element in our society? If so then we certainly should not allow them benenfit from any social programs or tution reduction. But as long as we (The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) are going to allow them to come over illegally and stay here illegally then a reduced cost education is the BEST welfare dollar we could spend. I don't agree with them being here but the truth is I have a bigger problem with the White trash Americans who have been here all along and had every opportunity to succeed and have acheived nothing but a history of welfare. I think we should swap with Mexico-every Mexican immigrant that wants to work in America will be replaced with a lazy, ignorant white person. Let Mexico have all the lazy white people and let the immigrants see what they can do with this opportunity.

Is that sad?

Farmersfan
05-11-2010, 02:22 PM
On another note, my oldest son spent 5 years in the Army paying into whatever G.I. Bill he had to pay into so that he could get education benefits when he got out and now he is going to Devry to get his degree. He has had to come to Dad numerous times for tution money to keep from getting kicked out because the Army is a bunch of lame ducks who can't get their **it straight. He has yet to recieve a check from the government on time and it's been a year! He's young, white, and aggressive and he can't catch even a slight break from DC yet half his classes are comprised of full grant "minorities" that don't have any of the issues that he has. It's enough to turn even a loyal person upside down..........

PPSTATEBOUND
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
On another note, my oldest son spent 5 years in the Army paying into whatever G.I. Bill he had to pay into so that he could get education benefits when he got out and now he is going to Devry to get his degree. He has had to come to Dad numerous times for tution money to keep from getting kicked out because the Army is a bunch of lame ducks who can't get their **it straight. He has yet to recieve a check from the government on time and it's been a year! He's young, white, and aggressive and he can't catch even a slight break from DC yet half his classes are comprised of full grant "minorities" that don't have any of the issues that he has. It's enough to turn even a loyal person upside down..........

and to think the Governement has just taken over the whole student loan process......is truly amazing......:rolleyes:

MUSTANG69
05-11-2010, 02:33 PM

It is a shame the way our government treats young people when they get out of the military. It hasn't always been that way. Getting my GI bill educational benefits was very easy when I got out of the Air Force(1974). Things sure have changed.:mad:

Farmersfan
05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
It is a shame the way our government treats young people when they get out of the military. It hasn't always been that way. Getting my GI bill educational benefits was very easy when I got out of the Air Force(1974). Things sure have changed.:mad:

My son says he has 1 contact with the Army for these benefits and it's not possible to make contact by phone. There isn't even a voice mail option. It simply tells him "****" isn't available, please call back at a later time". He has to send a email and it normally takes at least 5 days for a response.
I told him to go over this persons head even if he has to go the top of the mountain. These are benefits that he not only EARNED but he paid into from his own pocket! It's ridiculous.

JasperDog94
05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
The bottom line is: Are we going to make them a criminal element in our society? If so then we certainly should not allow them benenfit from any social programs or tution reduction. But as long as we (The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) are going to allow them to come over illegally and stay here illegally then a reduced cost education is the BEST welfare dollar we could spend. I don't agree with them being here but the truth is I have a bigger problem with the White trash Americans who have been here all along and had every opportunity to succeed and have acheived nothing but a history of welfare. I think we should swap with Mexico-every Mexican immigrant that wants to work in America will be replaced with a lazy, ignorant white person. Let Mexico have all the lazy white people and let the immigrants see what they can do with this opportunity.

Is that sad? Then who gets to decide who the lazy white people are? I'm all for making the immigration process easier and it has actually gotten somewhat better in recent years.

How about this for a solution for lazy (insert color of choice here) people: Stop paying them welfare after 2 years. Simple. Go get a job and support yourself. That's what the American dream is all about. Go get a job, support yourself and live a free life. Stop depending on the government to take care of you.

I'd better step down off my soapbox now...:)

rockdale80
05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Then who gets to decide who the lazy white people are? I'm all for making the immigration process easier and it has actually gotten somewhat better in recent years.

How about this for a solution for lazy (insert color of choice here) people: Stop paying them welfare after 2 years. Simple. Go get a job and support yourself. That's what the American dream is all about. Go get a job, support yourself and live a free life. Stop depending on the government to take care of you.

2 years is more than enough time to get on your feet. How about mandatory birth control and drug testing if you are receiving benefits? ;)

BullsFan
05-11-2010, 10:42 PM

I think there should also be some accountability as far as looking for work, too. Sitting at home collecting welfare checks doesn't do much for me if you are young, healthy, and capable of working and just don't want to. You should have to prove you've gone to interviews or at least made some phone calls.

SintonFan
05-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
2 years is more than enough time to get on your feet. How about mandatory birth control and drug testing if you are receiving benefits? ;)

Might as well issue abortions-on-demand and make sure no one drives a car newer than 5 years old...
I know you are kidding,
but this is no laughing matter.:(

SintonFan
05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I think there should also be some accountability as far as looking for work, too. Sitting at home collecting welfare checks doesn't do much for me if you are young, healthy, and capable of working and just don't want to. You should have to prove you've gone to interviews or at least made some phone calls.

That happens for unemployment but most enforcing this don't check up on if someone is actually doing this.

Farmersfan
05-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Then who gets to decide who the lazy white people are? I'm all for making the immigration process easier and it has actually gotten somewhat better in recent years.

I would support this. I would even support the idea that IF someone is on welfare for a set amount of time they get mandatory job training. 30% of the unemployed in this country could be trained to work daycare for the other 70%. Those people could be used to build roads, bridges, cleanup highways. But it will never work. Hell in this country we STILL have activits trying to prevent Government from using Prison labor. Within the next 10 years we will be paying our prisoners minimum wage for their time! Mark it down!!!!!

Farmersfan
05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That happens for unemployment but most enforcing this don't check up on if someone is actually doing this.

It's all about accountability! If they would start making the higher ups accountable they would make their inferiours accountable and that will move right down the ladder. Government right now is all about passing the buck!!! If you step on toes you get nailed!

rockdale80
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Might as well issue abortions-on-demand and make sure no one drives a car newer than 5 years old...
I know you are kidding,
but this is no laughing matter.:(

Actually Im not. I think BC and drug testing should be mandatory for welfare recipients that exceed 12 months of government support. I am also okay with abortions on demand and dont think the government should pay someone's rent so they can drive an Escalade.

:eek:

Phil C
05-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Victims of Society. :(

Emerson1
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM
"Freshman Stephanie Monjaraz says it’s the only way impoverished, illegal immigrants can afford an education."

Ehhhhhhhhhhh no. Community college. $1,200 a semester for books and classes

bobcat4life
05-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
"Freshman Stephanie Monjaraz says it’s the only way impoverished, illegal immigrants can afford an education."

Ehhhhhhhhhhh no. Community college. $1,200 a semester for books and classes Spoken like a true mexican.....

these people are ILLEGAL immigrants. Our country needs to take that seriously or put white out over the word ILLEGAL

these kids have it better than an impoverished honors student like me

big daddy russ
05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Spoken like a true mexican....
What?!?!

bobcat4life
05-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What?!?! saying illegals deserve the same rights as legal ciizens

big daddy russ
05-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
saying illegals deserve the same rights as legal ciizens
"Spoken like a true Mexican."

I don't know if I took that wrong or what, but I can only hope you didn't mean it like it sounded. That off-hand comment offended me and I'm white.

raider red 2000
05-13-2010, 10:50 PM
"Spoken like a true Mexican."

I don't know if I took that wrong or what, but I can only hope you didn't mean it like it sounded. That off-hand comment offended me and I'm white.

i am a Mexican....and I didnt take offense to it....I dont take offense to ignorant people.

also, someone else said they dont pay property taxes....sure they do....if they are renting....the land lord has that built into the price of rent.

Emerson1
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
What?!?!
I think he was talking about the quote.

big daddy russ
05-13-2010, 11:38 PM
I think he was talking about the quote.
OK. Sounded like it was a blanket statement at first glance. Sorry about the mixup, b4l.

Emerson1
05-13-2010, 11:48 PM
OK. Sounded like it was a blanket statement at first glance. Sorry about the mixup, b4l.
I don't think directing it towards a mexican makes it better then towards me or you

big daddy russ
05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
I don't think directing it towards a mexican makes it better then towards me or you
???

Then it was as offensive as it sounded?

Old Cardinal
05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Moderators......Is this site OK? or would you prefer that stimulating discussions, like this, do not happen on 3ADL?

Comments please?

sinton66
05-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Moderators......Is this site OK? or would you prefer that stimulating discussions, like this, do not happen on 3ADL?

Comments please?

We'd prefer they be contained within the Donating Members' Forum. The rules are more relaxed there since the discussions are not viewable by the general public (non members).

NateDawg39
05-23-2010, 10:56 AM
America is the land of the free and home of glory! We are decaying into what the rest of the world is, a fiery hotbed of stupidity with corrupt political misguidance driving our young people to the ground! Only when we have leaders sent in to lead who are just, fair, vastly intelligent and arbiters of sound judgement, will America be the great beacon it needs to be. Until then we will have a useless congress led by a useless Chief, following a useless grand scheme derived from a disgusting, vile, sour upbringing! :mad:

I think I will have tacos for lunch :)

Old Cardinal
05-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know how this scholarship award system has played-out at A & M?