PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Playoff Scenarios

Matthew328
11-05-2002, 12:20 PM
9-3A: Celina has the district tittle wrapped up and the top D2 seed...Gainesville will be D1...Pilot Point and Van Alstyne play...if PP wins they are in...if VA wins by more than 11 they are in...if VA wins by less than 11 then I think Pottsboro is in.....but don't quote me on that...LOL

10-3A: Commerce is the top D2 seed...Paris N Lamar is the D1 seed...Bonham and Quinaln Ford play for the final playoff spot this week...

11-3A: This much we know..Gilmer is in at 4-0 and has won the district..Mt Vernon and Lindale are both 3-1...Lindale plays Gilmer this week..a LHS win or a Mt Vernon win and Lindale goes D1 and Gilmer becomes top D2 seed...MV plays 2-2 Winnsboro this week...if MV wins then they are in..if MV loses and Lindale losses then you have a 3 way tie at 3-2 and it goes to point differential...

12-3A: New Boston and Atlanta seem pretty safe to be in at 3-1...New Boston takes on 1-3 Queen City and Atlanta plays 0-4 Liberty-Eylau..Pleasant Grove is 2-2 and Daingerfield is 3-1..if PG wins and Atlanta and New Boston win then Daingerfield will be sitting home shockingly..if PG losses then New Boston and Atlanta automatically are in..if PG wins and either NB or Atlanta losses then it creates a 3 way tie and it goes to tie breakers..if PG doesn't make it and Atalnta does then Atlanta is D1...if PG sneaks in then they go D1...

13-3A: Forney is D1 and they play Wilmer-Hutchins for the district tittle...Hutch is the top D2 seed...Crandall is the second D2 seed...

14-3A: Wills Point is D1 and they play D2 top seed Brownsboro for the district tittle..Van and Canton renew their rivalry in a game that will decide third place between the two 2-2 squads..

15-3A: Jefferson, Spring Hill and Gladewater are all in...Gladewater will be D1...Jefferson will be the top D2 seed since they beat Spring Hill and Spring Hill will be second D2 seed..

16-3A: Tatum, Rusk and Carthage are all tied at 3-1...Chapel Hill is lurking at 2-2..Chapel Hill needs to beat Tatum and hope Rusk and Carthage win...the top 3 need only to win and they are in..Carthage is the D1 seed..

eye of the tiger
11-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks Matthew for the analysis. It is going to be an interesting week 10.

BigRedfan
11-06-2002, 12:19 AM
Looks like some good teams maybe sitting home. 11 3a could have this scenario also. A 3 way tie for first place or a three way tie for second. Sounds like to me that 11 3a was pretty evenly matched this year.

Good luck to all the teams in region II this last week of regular play and those fortunate to go to the playoffs. wink

jason
11-06-2002, 12:45 AM
GO FORNEY...beat Wilmer Hutchins

Jimbotex40
11-06-2002, 01:33 AM
matthew, who will win of carthage and gladewater?

just wondering cuz either forney or wills point will play that winner

bigbearfan
11-06-2002, 09:33 AM
I may be biased, but I believe that Gladewater will top Carthage. GO BEARS!!!

celinaorange
11-07-2002, 09:47 AM
In 9-3A---VA must beat PP by 5 or more to get in (provided that Gainesville beats Pottsboro). Pottsboro is out unless they beat Gainesville. The team that gets in (Pottsboro, VA, or PP) must play Commerce in first round. Celina will play either Bonham or Quinlan Ford of 10 3-A (Bonham has to beat QF by 11 or more to get in). This game will be played next Friday, 7:30, at Williams Stadium, Garland. Gainesville will get Paris North Lamar in Division I first round.

justanopinion
11-07-2002, 09:51 AM
Are there any other good East Texas teams out there that will go D1?