PDA

View Full Version : Columbia vs. Bellville Baseball

3&2count
05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Columbia lost game 2 3 to 2. I believe Bellville scored in the 7th.

Game 3:
5 to 0 Bellville bottom 2nd

SHSBulldog00
05-08-2010, 06:59 PM
update on this one?

hookandladder
05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Heard it was 6 - 1 Bellville in the 5th.

Johnnypaycheck
05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Game 3
Columbia 4
Bellville 6
Final

Bellville wins series 2-1

Brahma84
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Bellville wins two today to take the series. First game 3-2, Clay Gaddy gets the complete game win. Gaddy started the second game, but only made it into the second inning. Mueller came on in relief and finished the game. Great, gutsy performance by Mueller, to get the win, after a rough outing on Thursday.

zebrablue2
05-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats to the Bulls, and especially Gaddy for getting Bellville to the 3rd game.. Good kid...

XMan
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Congats to the Brahmas, they did a great job of battling from the 1st pitch to the last to pull this off. Gutsy performance all the way around. As Pancho Villa would say, Scrub C got "out sponsored" on the day. Poor baserunning, poor bunting, playing hitter to pull and pitching them away, pitching to Bellville's best hitter w/2 outs and 2 open bases and giving up a hit to lose the first game, these were just a few of many examples. Also, the Houston Chapter of umpires should be embarrassed of the job their chapter sent to this series. Twice, hitters swung at pitches and got hit and the umpire tries to send them to first. Luckily, they got both calls right. The fiasco where WC hits the ball down the line and the home plate ump calls fair and allows 3 runs to score and the batter gets to third and then they overturn it and take the runs off the board was incredible. I dont think Ive ever seen that happen. It was the field umpire's call and the home plate stoog shouldnt have called anything. I just hope they got that one right since it decided the game.

zebrablue2
05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville wins two today to take the series. First game 3-2, Clay Gaddy gets the complete game win. Gaddy started the second game, but only made it into the second inning. Mueller came on in relief and finished the game. Great, gutsy performance by Mueller, to get the win, after a rough outing on Thursday.

who does bellville play next?

nette_mom
05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
We play Marion bulldogs, but no details till Monday!!

hookandladder
05-09-2010, 08:53 AM
So with Mueller pitching Thursday and then again Saturday, anybody know how many total pitches he threw in 3 days.

Brahma84
05-09-2010, 09:06 AM
TOO MANY!!

About 120 on Thurs(in 4 innings), and more than that on Sat.

Maybe Bellville can get a one gamer in the next round and can rest Mueller. Gaddy has been pitching really well.

hookandladder
05-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
TOO MANY!!

About 120 on Thurs(in 4 innings), and more than that on Sat.

Maybe Bellville can get a one gamer in the next round and can rest Mueller. Gaddy has been pitching really well.

Wow, Kyle is really taking a big chance throwing that many pitches. He has a lot riding on that left arm, as a Dad that will never happen with my son.

nette_mom
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Mueller took the "I" out of team yesterday! He refused to come out and he really stepped it up and showed that he is a LEADER for our team of rookies. Yes this was risky, and probably not the best idea, but no one will remember how many pitches he threw, they will remember his SENIOR LEADERSHIP and his GUTSY PERFORMANCE!!!! CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY! A TRUE "TEAM" PLAYER!!!!!

hookandladder
05-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Mueller took the "I" out of team yesterday! He refused to come out and he really stepped it up and showed that he is a LEADER for our team of rookies. Yes this was risky, and probably not the best idea, but no one will remember how many pitches he threw, they will remember his SENIOR LEADERSHIP and his GUTSY PERFORMANCE!!!! CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY! A TRUE "TEAM" PLAYER!!!!!

It is one thing being a team player however throwing over 200 pitches in less then 3 days is just not smart. His arm and body will remember how many pitches he threw, you can bank on that.

Red Bull
05-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Yes it was a gutsy performance by Kyle. Great rebound for him after the outing on Thursday. I think he wanted to prove something on Saturday after that showing on Thursday. I hear he threw over 120 pitches on Thursday and over 170 on Saturday. That is almost 300 pitchers in 3 days. Crazy! Say what you will about that being too many pitches, but I think there was nothing that would have gotten him out of that game.

hookandladder
05-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Yes it was a gutsy performance by Kyle. Great rebound for him after the outing on Thursday. I think he wanted to prove something on Saturday after that showing on Thursday. I hear he threw over 120 pitches on Thursday and over 170 on Saturday. That is almost 300 pitchers in 3 days. Crazy! Say what you will about that being too many pitches, but I think there was nothing that would have gotten him out of that game.

Wow, simply amazing.

Red Bull
05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow is correct Hook. I don't know what I would have done if that was my son. The kid has a very bright future ahead of him, but he was living in the present on Saturday not the future. Here's to hoping all is ok with that left arm.

baseballcoach13
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
I doubt he threw 170 on saturday....he threw 5 innings i think which makes an avg of 34 an inning.

Spread It Out
05-10-2010, 02:23 PM
There's no way he threw 170 pitches Saturday. He only threw 2/3 of an inning more, and had 4 less walks than Thursday. I was at the game and will bet anything he did not throw that many pitches.

Red Bull
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
The guy who told me got it from Kyle's dad who had a pitch counter with 171 on it. I guess his dad's count wasn't as accurate as you all's. I do know that he went full count on 11 batters he faced. There were also a ton of fouled balls. You add that to all the batters he faced with the runners they stranded and it comes out to about 5 pitches per batter. That is not that much considering WC batters took pretty much every curve ball he threw at them. Go back and add it up and come back to me with different figure if you think 171 is wrong.

hookandladder
05-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
The guy who told me got it from Kyle's dad who had a pitch counter with 171 on it. I guess his dad's count wasn't as accurate as you all's. I do know that he went full count on 11 batters he faced. There were also a ton of fouled balls. You add that to all the batters he faced with the runners they stranded and it comes out to about 5 pitches per batter. That is not that much considering WC batters took pretty much every curve ball he threw at them. Go back and add it up and come back to me with different figure if you think 171 is wrong.

I am sorry but someone has to stand up and say enough is enough, hope Kyle remains health hope to see him in Omaha one day.

pancho villa
05-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I am sorry but someone has to stand up and say enough is enough, hope Kyle remains health hope to see him in Omaha one day.

I like seeing a kid tough it out. Quit crying H&L Even is it was only gay standaround!

hookandladder
05-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I like seeing a kid tough it out. Quit crying H&L Even is it was only gay standaround!

You are mising the point, toughing it out is one thing but possibly throwing your future away is a little different.

Kojak
05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
This whole post is incredible. Both coaches in this game are the best you would ever meet. Then I hear that some of you heard this from a friend who heard it from this guy and so on and so on and so on. Crazy. If you weren't in the dugout. If you haven't been to practices. If you don't know all the kids. Then keep your mouth shut.

hookandladder
05-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Kojak
This whole post is incredible. Both coaches in this game are the best you would ever meet. Then I hear that some of you heard this from a friend who heard it from this guy and so on and so on and so on. Crazy. If you weren't in the dugout. If you haven't been to practices. If you don't know all the kids. Then keep your mouth shut.

So if it were your son, you would not have a problem with him throwing 250 plus pitches in 3 days. All I am saying is that is an incredible amount of pitches to throw, I know all about the pitcher not wanting to come out. Been there, done that.

txpishsu
05-13-2010, 08:20 AM
First off if you were not at game then you need to quit throwing out pitch counts, 2nd Coach Cerny is a heck of a coach who would not put a kids future in jeopardy for a win, if he pitched alot its because cerny knew he could handle it, this isnt little league where the kid gets no work at all, cerny brings his pitchers along slow thru the year, cerny has been doing this a long time, and he is about the kids,

pancho villa
05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
So if it were your son, you would not have a problem with him throwing 250 plus pitches in 3 days. All I am saying is that is an incredible amount of pitches to throw, I know all about the pitcher not wanting to come out. Been there, done that.

You don't know squat about sports.

LE Dad
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
You don't know squat about sports. ...but this is standaround Pancho.:D

baseballcoach13
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Good one...I didnt even catch Pancho giving standaround the 'sports' status....he must be coming around.