PDA

View Full Version : La Grange - Cuero Baseball Playoff game

hookandladder
05-08-2010, 09:52 AM
La Grange wants series and Cuero wants 1 game. Guess it will come down to a flip, who feels lucky.

44INAROW
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Cuero vs LaGrange

Thursday - in La Grange @ 7:30 pm
Friday - in Cuero @ 7:30 pm
If a 3rd game is necessary - Game 3: Saturday, May 15 @ New Braunfels High School 3:00 p.m.

hookandladder
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
All right, we must have won the flip. Good luck to both teams.

PutMeInCoach
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
What would be the game time for Saturday?

44INAROW
05-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
What would be the game time for Saturday?

sorry I gave all the info given me.. I would assume mid afternoon but that is strictly a guess..

CueroDad08
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
This will be a WAR

hookandladder
05-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Heard one of Cuero's starting pitchers is out, anybody know if this is true and who that might be.

headhunter
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Yea, hook, Arndt will be out for the rest of the season probably, he strained a ligament in his throwing arm. This happened in the warm-up game vs Orangefield on Friday. Tough break for the kid. Nothing serious though, should be ok in the long run.

Looks like LaGrange will have a huge advantage now, lots of pitching for the Leapords and Cuero is very young, All LaGrange has to do is show up breathing and they should take this one.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Yea, hook, Arndt will be out for the rest of the season probably, he strained a ligament in his throwing arm. This happened in the warm-up game vs Orangefield on Friday. Tough break for the kid. Nothing serious though, should be ok in the long run.

Looks like LaGrange will have a huge advantage now, lots of pitching for the Leapords and Cuero is very young, All LaGrange has to do is show up breathing and they should take this one. :) if only it was that easy. Cuero has some other young pitchers that i was able to see in Calallen tourney, they will be okay, i still think Cuero offensively will be a tough task to contend with.

hookandladder
05-09-2010, 10:06 PM

Looks like LaGrange will have a huge advantage now, lots of pitching for the Leapords and Cuero is very young, All LaGrange has to do is show up breathing and they should take this one.

I hate to that about Arndt, that is one good looking kid. Texas State has a winner with him, still beleive it will be a great series. I would assume Arndt will still see playing time or atleast in the DH role.

12thMan
05-10-2010, 07:09 AM
All LaGrange has to do is show up breathing and they should take this one.

Wow, that's showing a lot of confidence in the Gobblers. I haven't watched the Gobbler baseball team since the Cuero turney, but it doesn't matter what sport the Gobblers are playing, you can't count them out. You still have to play the game.

Go get em Gobblers!!

Be_Advised
05-10-2010, 07:22 AM

That is a bad break for Arndt. He is an impressive player. He didn't pitch against Robstown in the Calallen tournament, but he stroked a few hits in the game. Wishing him a speedy recovery and best of luck in his future career.

rojosgirl
05-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Game times posted by Coach Holder in an email said 7:30 for first 2 games.

Green Bling
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Game times posted by Coach Holder in an email said 7:30 for first 2 games.

And if necessary, Game 3: Saturday, May 15 @ New Braunfels High School 3:00 p.m. This is also from Coach Holder.

hookandladder
05-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Heard Arndt is not the pitcher who is out, hope this is true at this time of the year you want to beat the best. No excuses either way, may the best team win. LG has no one out, no excuses. No need to hide anything.

KingRob
05-11-2010, 04:53 AM
LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rojosgirl
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Good to hear from you King Rob! Hope all is well. And yes,

GO GOBBLERS!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CueroDad08
05-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Heard Arndt is not the pitcher who is out, hope this is true at this time of the year you want to beat the best. No excuses either way, may the best team win. LG has no one out, no excuses. No need to hide anything.

Hook, We just hope we can keep up with the leps.

hookandladder
05-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Hook, We just hope we can keep up with the leps.

Cuero has already beaten the Leps this year and you just want to keep up with the leps, sounds a little fishy. Hope Arndt is ok, will need him in the summer.

rojosgirl
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Game day! Let's go GOBBLERS!

:clap: :D :clap:

Old Cardinal
05-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Those two Districts in the northern part of Region IV are really stout in Baseball---(for that matter also Softball.) also.

Outside of that area, Cuero seems to the the strongest in Baseball. There is a good chance you will see the winner of Region IV emerging out of this contest.
My guess it will be La Grange.

Old Green
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Game is tied after 2 innings 0-0

Old Green
05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Seems like both teams are playing pretty good defense.
0-0 after 4 innings

Old Green
05-13-2010, 08:59 PM
LaGrange 1-0 after 5

12thMan
05-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Whos on the mound for Cuero.

Old Green
05-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Tyler Arndt for Cuero

Bippert for La Grange

Old Green
05-13-2010, 09:25 PM
La Grange 1-0 after 6

Old Green
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Cuero 1-1 in the 7th

44INAROW
05-13-2010, 09:41 PM
going into the 8th.. tied up at 1.....

SHSBulldog00
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Great game

SHSBulldog00
05-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Do we have a final yet?

Gobbler Fan
05-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Last I heard ....Going to 10th inning. 1-1

Arndt still in for Cuero
Vinklarek in for La Grange

crabman
05-13-2010, 10:36 PM
LaGrange wins 2-1

Gobbler Fan
05-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Sounded like a great game ... hope we can get the W tom. night in Cuero :clap:

hookandladder
05-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Wow, what a great game. All pitchers were on tonight, great defense and pitching. Should be another barn burner tomorrow night. Arndt was as krafty as I have seen a pitcher in a long time, LG pitching did there job also. Great win for the Leps.

CueroDad08
05-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow, what a great game. All pitchers were on tonight, great defense and pitching. Should be another barn burner tomorrow night. Arndt was as krafty as I have seen a pitcher in a long time, LG pitching did there job also. Great win for the Leps.

Agree Hookandladder, This was one of the best played games I have got to watch in a long time. 10 Innings with not one era on eather side, that in itself was great baseball. Both teams hit the ball well. 10 hits for Cuero and 8 hits for LG. But the Leps got that 2 out hit at the right time tonight. Cuero left 11 runners on tonight, LG left 6. The Gobblers just could not get that 2 out hit with runners in scoring position tonight. Gobblers get some rest and lets all come out and stroke the ball and force a game 3 Sat.

CueroDad08
05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
:clap:

Old Cardinal
05-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Sounds like it was a "barn-burner" of a game last night.
Two teams loaded and pitching their crafty Hurlers!
What these two teams are really to be congratulated for last night is--no errors--or maybe no... eras(sec).. down your way. LOL

Tell us about the two opposing Pitchers that might well be pitted against each other tonight?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have four tough games tonight over in Region III. All these teams are state rated except Bryan Rudder, and that is one of those new schools with only young players that will emerge into a 5A shortly. No one seems to be able to predict them at present, they lost the first two District games and then sailed through 24-3A

The games tonight:

Orangefield vs Bryan Rudder

Bridge City vs Taylor

Carthage vs Robinson

Jasper vs Crockett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What other big games take place across Region IV?.....(and for that matter across Texas)?

headhunter
05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Big Games tonight in Region IV

Sinton vs Boerne (Boerne won game one 11-7)

Cuero vs LaGrange (Lagrange won game one 2-1)

Yoakum vs Needville (Needville won game one 9-4)

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Big Games tonight in Region IV

Sinton vs Boerne (Boerne won game one 11-7)

Cuero vs LaGrange (Lagrange won game one 2-1)

Yoakum vs Needville (Needville won game one 9-4)

Hey headhunter, Tyler's Arndt's strained ligament in his throwing arm did not seems to bother him last night . Hope he heals up in time for football since Texas State just lost their backup QB for next year.

headhunter
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Good thing that the downlow is not s site of truthful information, remember hook you should always believe only half of what you read on these boards.

headhunter
05-14-2010, 12:58 PM
There is not a dang thing wrong with Tyler Arndt, he is perfectly fine and darn near beat the Leapords by himself last night, 4-5 with a double and left on base everytime and pitched nine innings only throwing a 121 pitches keeping the Gobblers in the game the entire night.

Texas State will be happy to see him asap.

Oh and remember you were the one that posted "you heard Cuero had some injury problems." That could not be farther from the truth. Either your a coach, player or a person who hangs over the back of the dugout to over hear some false rumor like that, or you could be a person like me who likes to stirr the pot.

Good win last night, hope we can see another one as exciting as that tonight!

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 01:18 PM
There is not a dang thing wrong with Tyler Arndt, he is perfectly fine and darn near beat the Leapords by himself last night, 4-5 with a double and left on base everytime and pitched nine innings only throwing a 121 pitches keeping the Gobblers in the game the entire night.

Texas State will be happy to see him asap.

Oh and remember you were the one that posted "you heard Cuero had some injury problems." That could not be farther from the truth. Either your a coach, player or a person who hangs over the back of the dugout to over hear some false rumor like that, or you could be a person like me who likes to stirr the pot.

Good win last night, hope we can see another one as exciting as that tonight!

Someone posted the same rumor on 3Abaseball.com, just trying to verify. Tyler is a stud, hate for something to really happen to him. Just makes no sense spreading a bad rumor about such a great athlete. Good Luck tonight.

Spread It Out
05-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Headhunter, there's only one speed.. FAST.

headhunter
05-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Your exactly right, spread it out

Hook how can you say its bad to spread false rumors about someone when your first post on this thread says, "Heard one of Cuero's pitchers is out." There is not one injured kid on the team, so I just fuel the fire and you get all b#t hurt, I think you started it (sarcastically)

Hey Hook, this is a message board, only believe half of what you hear on here

44INAROW
05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
TIME OUT............... it's raining "cats and dogs" right now in Cuero.. :eek:

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Your exactly right, spread it out

Hook how can you say its bad to spread false rumors about someone when your first post on this thread says, "Heard one of Cuero's pitchers is out." There is not one injured kid on the team, so I just fuel the fire and you get all b#t hurt, I think you started it (sarcastically)

Hey Hook, this is a message board, only believe half of what you hear on here

As I said before, saw the post about Arndt being out on 3Abaseball.com. Water under the bridge, game on tonight.

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Anybody in Cuero know what the weather is like right now.

44INAROW
05-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Anybody in Cuero know what the weather is like right now.

Originally posted by 44INAROW
TIME OUT............... it's raining "cats and dogs" right now in Cuero.. :eek:

that was about 1:45 or so - it's still "funky" looking but not pouring at the moment.. I'll try to keep posting weather updates.. Also - The admin of gobblersports.com will post on there any time change or other changes if necessary (provided he/she gets the memo lol)
You'll be careful driving down to Cuero..... my son was driving to SA to go to the TPC Golf tourney (sure it's rained out by now) and he said it was pouring harder and harder as he got closer to Bexar county...

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2010, 03:00 PM
i'll keep checking if the game is on still, either going to Cuero/La Grange or Hidalgo/Canyon Lake but wont be deciding til 5:30 which one i'm going to.

Be_Advised
05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Weather is pretty bad on 37 heading to San Antonio.

headhunter
05-14-2010, 03:09 PM
As I said before, saw the post about Arndt being out on 3Abaseball.com. Water under the bridge, game on tonight.

Hook, you have to be kidding me, Your posted on downlow on May 8th said, "Heard Cuero has a pitcher that is hurt." So I am thinking you are the person that came up with this bogus nonsense or you are just trying to stirr something up.

So I went on May 9th @ 8:55AM and put Arndt was hurt to stirr the pot, because apparently you were miss informed.

Boko on 3abaseball on May 9th @ 9:10Am posted it from the downlow to 3Abaseball.

My point is, you started a rumor and I ran with it, don't tell me it is uncool or that is not right to state false rumors on the boards when you where the person who started it. I have been on these boards for four years and 100% of 50% of what I say is BS.

44INAROW
05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i'll keep checking if the game is on still, either going to Cuero/La Grange or Hidalgo/Canyon Lake but wont be deciding til 5:30 which one i'm going to.
if you do come to Cuero - tell the man taking tickets (my husband) who you are and he'll holler at me..

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
Weather is pretty bad on 37 heading to San Antonio. notice in 3abaseball.com Mathis game was moved to Three Rivers as its pouring in SA.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
if you do come to Cuero - tell the man taking tickets (my husband) who you are and he'll holler at me.. k,

44INAROW
05-14-2010, 03:16 PM
this weather reminds me of a playoff game "many moons ago" when Ryan Wessels was playing - Headhunter might remember what year that was, anyway - the game was moved/and played at 3 locations/towns in 1 day due to bad weather. It's funny now, but it was chaotic back then :p

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2010, 03:23 PM
just noticed its been moved to tommorrow Cuero/La Grange

headhunter
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Game has been pushed back to Saturday - Start time 1:00PM

44INAROW
05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
GAME IS POSTPONED

Cuero vs La Grange - 1:00 in Cuero on Saturday....

if a 3rd game (hope hope hope) is necessary - that site/time will be determined later..

CueroDad08
05-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Game 2 in Cuero has been pushed back to SAT. Starting at 1PM
Game 3 TBD

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Hook, you have to be kidding me, Your posted on downlow on May 8th said, "Heard Cuero has a pitcher that is hurt." So I am thinking you are the person that came up with this bogus nonsense or you are just trying to stirr something up.

So I went on May 9th @ 8:55AM and put Arndt was hurt to stirr the pot, because apparently you were miss informed.

Boko on 3abaseball on May 9th @ 9:10Am posted it from the downlow to 3Abaseball.

My point is, you started a rumor and I ran with it, don't tell me it is uncool or that is not right to state false rumors on the boards when you where the person who started it. I have been on these boards for four years and 100% of 50% of what I say is BS.

Boko got it, after our game with Sweeny in Sealy word was Cuero wanted one game because a pitcher was hurt. All I am saying is I would not have posted a players name on any board that was not true, I posted a question that was told to us fans. Game in Cuero is cancelled today, rescheduled for tomorrow at 1;00pm.

Be_Advised
05-14-2010, 03:29 PM
notice in 3abaseball.com Mathis game was moved to Three Rivers as its pouring in SA.

I would expect that to be scrapped because it was pouring so bad on 37 that we had to pull over to the rest area for an extended rest so the storm would let up.

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Everybody, one more time game is tomorrow.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Everybody, one more time game is tomorrow. what time? NVM found it

hookandladder
05-14-2010, 03:34 PM
what time? NVM found it

1:00pm.

headhunter
05-14-2010, 04:29 PM
great talk hook, love it!!!

fungo
05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
great talk hook, love it!!!

Enjoyed the back and forth between Headhunter and Hook.
VERY FUNNY!!! Great game last night with pitching and defense. Hope to see more on Sat.

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2010, 05:47 PM
When is the next game? :devil: :p