PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A Baseball proving quite potent again this season

Old Cardinal
05-07-2010, 10:45 PM
I just returned for a game where 3rd team West Orange-Starks 21-3A, won a one-gamer over Tarkington 2nd team 22-3A by a score 7-3,

#2 team Bridge City pounded #3 team 22-3A Coldsprings 11-0 in five innings and the following game(tonight) 15-0 in three; thus, pitching everyone on their pitching staff in the two games.

Also, tonight #1 team 21-3A ranked Orangefield pitched most all of their staff in a warm-up with Cuero and won that one 8-7, from a report I just heard.

BC & OF have remained in the top 10 statewide all season.

The WO-S team will now meet OF is a bracket rematch and they are bent on revenge(that is if OF can beat Rudder next week).

Orangefield will take on #2 in 24-3A, an upstart called Bryan Rudder that has been really getting good as this young team progresses this season.

Likewise, Bridge City will meet the winner of 24-3A --Taylor--in their next bracket rise.

WOS87
05-08-2010, 01:15 AM
It should be mentioned that Bridge City, Orangefield and WO-S High Schools are all within a 6 mile radius of each other in the same county. GO Orange County!!!!

Old Cardinal
05-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Can someone share with us a little first-hand info on Bryan Rudder & Taylor baseball?
Thanks in advance.

Daddy D 11
05-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Taylor is coached better than any high school team I have ever seen. Coach Kuhl has been there forever and gets those boys to really really compete. Every year Taylor is extremely scrappy, I know this year they are slightly down but still be ready. Stefak is their tall lefty starter on the bump, he's pretty good. That's all I know.

Old Cardinal
05-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks Daddy D.........Bridge City will be facing Taylor with five sophomores and also a few skilled Seniors.
They are getting better however. In the last game they lost to a prime nearly all Senior Orangefield Bobcat team 4-3--in over time. In the seventh inning they could have won it....Joe Robertson was on second and the Catcher lost the ball(but it was right under his feet). A young 9th grade Coach at 1st thought it had gone to the back fence. He started screaming for Joe to steal 3rd and was thrown out.

Of course the next batter hit a long solid ball that would have scored Joe and the game would have finished in the normal seven innings.

That young team has talent that is maturing but the question is--are they capable of taking out a seasoned fairly high-enrollment team like Taylor?