PDA

View Full Version : The stock market is killing me

Blue42
05-06-2010, 02:53 PM
And at this pace I wont be able to give myself a proper burial !

ziggy29
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
I am getting more and more jealous of folks with good pensions who don't have to play this stupid game if they ever hope to retire...

crzyjournalist03
05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Blue42

Don't worry about it. Even if you had all the money in the world, you still wouldn't be able to actually give yourself a burial anyway. You'll be gone by then.

Blue42
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Don't worry about it. Even if you had all the money in the world, you still wouldn't be able to actually give yourself a burial anyway. You'll be gone by then.
Oh so true but man Im sick of loseing money that I'v worked so hard for.

IHStangFan
05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
oh you too huh? My portfolio has fallen slap off the table in the last couple of days. :mad:

big daddy russ
05-06-2010, 06:05 PM
What a crazy rally. The Dow finished a "mere" 350 down after it was all said and done.

zebrablue2
05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Blue42

Join the crowd!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Well if anyone needs some life insurance to cover the burial let me know, won't matter what the market does. ;) :thumbsup:

bobcat4life
05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
this is why I keep a stash full of cash instead of a bank account

big daddy russ
05-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
this is why I keep a stash full of cash instead of a bank account
There's no better time for you to get involved in the stock market.

Old Cardinal
05-10-2010, 01:43 PM
It's always up and down--I am up 5.00% today..... lol Look at CQP.......... I bought some more of it at its low today.

Farmersfan
05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
It's always up and down--I am up 5.00% today..... lol Look at CQP.......... I bought some more of it at its low today.

When I worked in the business I had people who would earn 40% returns over a period of a year and then they would lose 10% and threaten to sue! What people don't understand is that without risk, there is no reward!

BullsFan
05-10-2010, 02:47 PM
I kind of like it when the stock market is down. I have money in several different funds, and during the times when the stock market was really low I was able to buy lots of shares with the same amount of money I always invest. Then when the stock market came back up--BAM. I was looking pretty good. Since I have a looong time before I can touch this money, I don't mind fluctuations in the market now.

Reds fan
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
My dad always said "invest in the market for the long haul, check every now and again for performance but if you look every day you'll go nuts!"

I have always heeded this philosophy...I think a lot of the problem nowadays is that folk tend to look at their stock investments as get rich quick schemes (6 month to a couple of years) where as history will show that investments made well and held for 10 years and more are what pay off. Consevative I know, but I rest a lot easier!

Kind of like houses, most of our parents and grandparents lived in their homes for 20+ years if not their entire adult lives, homes were a long term investment strategy, not a 2-3 year RISK!